Excel based Character Sheet

By Memetix, in Rogue Trader

Nojo - I'm sorry to hear about the prinitng problems. It was set up to work on A4 paper.

There are some notes on how to adjust the backin the "Release notes" sheet, they assume you have office 2007. For earlier releases of Excel I can't offer much advice I'm afraid. Basically it is an inserted image in the header. You can adjust the width/height aspect ratios within the header/footer menus as well as the margin offsets. These should be sufficient to get it all to line up.

Once you have working settings, would you post them back here on the forum please, along with the paper size you are using.

Thanks

Version 4.0 is now online on the Dark Reign site (Downloads/Character Sheets/Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader Excel Character Sheet 4.0)

Now fully supports all Core rulebook careers, talent, skills etc from both Rogue Trader and Dark Heresy.

Enjoy

Version 4.1 is now on the dark reign site.

It contains a variety of bug fixes and a new Gothic styled portrait 2 page character sheet.

The character creator is great, but the bonus talents for Renegade House navigators are missing. Their second bonus power is on the talent summary but not on the talent tab, and their +10 bonus to 3 powers talent is missing completely.

Version 4.4 has now been published to the Dark Reign site.

I have addressed all the known bugs and tidied up the new Gothic style sheet.

Kalec - the Navigator house bonuses are now working, however there is no code for the 3 bonus powers, I suggest these are put into the text of the character description.

Thanks for this Memetix.

I've just started exploring this sheet. I appreciate the fact that you've made it accessible to both DH and RT players.

As I port my characters into it, I'll be sure to provide you with feedback on the program.

Thanks LeBlanc13, as more people use the sheet and I get more feedback I get the chance to iron out the last few bugs.

I look forward to your feedback and I hope the porting process goes smoothly.

Nice sheet - thanks for putting so much work into it. I've started using it for my Astropath so I've some minor feedback that came up during it:

Astropath's shouldn't get Psy Techs at Rank 1 (Errata says those should be their starting powers)

Would it be possible to get an option under tainted - mutant for the 200xp chosen mutation? It's not strictly necessary - but it'd be very handy to have.

Hi Criv

Thanks for the feedback. I'll make the adjustments you have suggested and publish a new release in a couple of days.

Version 4.5 is now online on the Dark Reign site.

It includes various fixes mentioned on this forum and via email plus a new sheet showing the first rank each career gains access to each talent.

Memetix,

Loving the program fuctions so far. I find myself unable to fully test the program though since my character has a background from Inquisitor's Handbook that you haven't incorporated into the program.... hopefully, yet?

My Cleric is from a Noble background.

I tried the character with an imperial background and it seemed all of the stats were calculating correctly, though.

Thanks very much for your hard work!

LeBlanc13

I don't own that book but if you can email me the Noble Class package I should be able to add it to the next release.

My email address is in the spreadsheet.....

Thanks

Version 4.6 is now available at the usual place and supports the Noble Born background for Dark Heresy characters as described in the Inquisitors Handbook.

Thanks Memetix. I had not been able to get around to getting you the background information. It seems someone else was able to assist.

I really appreciate your efforts to make this sheet accessible to all backgrounds, careers and systems for 40k.

Great Job!

Excellent work on the character sheet can you add the Adepta Sororitas character and the Schola Ptogenium home world from the Inquistor;s Handbook

Memetix has stated they do not have the Inquisitor's handbook, so they need the relevant info fed to them through the email attached to the excel spreadsheet.

I must be doing something wrong, I can't seem to find where to add the starting psychic powers of a Imperial Psyker?

What am I missing?

NOR

As a Rogue Trader player, I had not realised how different the Imperial Psyker was to the Astropath, in that it gains powers with each increase in Psy rating. I need to have a think about how implement this as it is not a trivial fix I am afraid and will need changes to the load/save code as well as the data input sheet.

I will try to get an update out this week.....

memetrix,

This sheet is truly impressive. Thanks. I am slowly preparing for a rogue trader game and will have all of my players using this. If we find anything odd, we'll let you know.

Thanks for all the recent feedback.

I've just released 4.61 on the Dark Reign site. It includes a new "Powers" sheet to track Imperial Psyker powers and Disciplines and a bug fix to the stubjack background (Intimidate is a trained skill)

You are the MAN!!! (I'm assuming)

Thanks for the hard work you've put into this sheet. It's one of the best character sheets I've ever used! I know that some of the D&D sheets are pretty complex compared to this, but you have some great features on yours, such as the down menus.

Great work!

Unfortunately I had a small issue with Tech-Priests: a lot of their talents require Mechanicus Implants, which is part of their starting package I believe.

As far as I can see the sheet is checking if the career is Explorator for this trait, i believe it should be Explorator or Tech-Priest.

Ie:

Career="Explorator"

should be

OR(Career="Explorator",Career="Tech-Priest")

on the Rogue Trade Table for the Validity of the Prerequisite for Mechanicus Implants.

Thanks smftie.

None of our group has played a Tech Priest so I haven't come across that bug before. I agree with your suggested fix and will roll out a new release fairly soon.

For those of you with Imperial Psyker characters, I'm afraid you'll need to transfer some data manually from the Talents sheet to the new Powers sheet when you first load in the old character. (Pre 4.61)

Version 4.62 is now online and fixes the Tech-Preist bug mentioned above.

I have been sent details from the Inquisitors handbook and may start work on some of that soon but it looks like a major rework in places to make it compatible.

The BIG question ....

I'm about to embark on a major overhaul of the mechanics hidden within the spreadsheet in order to make implementation of the Inquisitor's handbook and Ascension possible.

As part of this work I am contemplating leaving the current release (4.62) as is. I.e. a code freeze on that set of functionality. If minor bugs are found I will continue to support version 4 for a while.

In the mean time version 5 will contain all the new changes. I propose to remove the "Official" rogue trader sheet (it just won't work at high levels) and the landscape sheet and focus on making the "Gothic" sheet work for all character levels/classes. The format of that sheet will support the concept of "master" skills sets and Paragon talent groups more easily.

Before I embark on this I would appreciate your input. I know there are lots of people using the sheet and I'm sure you will have a favourite output sheet so your feedback is really important to me. If there are features of any of the sheets I propose to remove that you find really useful, let me know and I will try to incorporate them in the "Gothic" sheet.

As a player I know that my requirements have changed over time. As a new player I wanted as much description of the talents on the sheet as I could get. As a more experienced player I wanted faster lookup of the key information (i.e. actual skill scores) and I knew what the talents did - so the descriptions became a waste of space.

Over to you .....