Faces of the Empire IC

By P-47 Thunderbolt, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

A few minutes later as you continue your patrol, the sergeant contacts you again, We've lost contact with the other squad, stay alert and check it out. They should have been at the side door when we attempted to contact them.

TK-236-A holds his carbine at the ready, keeping his eyes pealed for trouble. But he couldn't shake the feeling that he knows whats coming.... Man.. feels like I've done this already.. like dejavu, all over again..

“That’s what making these rounds is. Same thing over and over again. But if it’s not... Well, that’s what we’re here for. Keep a sharp eye out for trouble- still haven’t heard from the other patrol.” The trooper continues along, confident in his vigilance. If there is trouble, I will find it!

Brick speaks up at this, It's probably just a drill, we have a lotta those you know. I've been through a bunch.

The sergeant opens comms again, We've got int- NO! St-*BA-D - kchrrrsssssss * an explosion echoes through the hall as the sergeant's voice cuts out.

oh no. TK-236-A whispers, not again. Wait, what?

“Wow! The sound effects for these drills are impressive- I swear I could almost feel that! May as well play along. Come on!”

As the squad runs towards the command center, a blaster bolt zips past the hallway, Brick shouts You idiots! You're not supposed to use live rounds! But then, in response, a huge white, shaggy alien turns around the corner, holding a light repeating blaster.

TK236-A opens fire, a hail of blaster bolts manages to hit everything where the large creature is standing...everything except the creature itself.

What is this, TK-420's?? TK 236-A asks, even though he isn't sure why he did..

Meanwhile, behind them, a maintenance tech pokes his head around a corner and shakes it in disappointment as he takes notes.

TN-1156 kneels and starts firing in a regular cadence, calling on his rigorous training.

"Track. Aim. Squeeze.... Track. Aim. Squeeze." He whispers. "Just like target practice."

Unfortunately, they didn't work much with moving targets that shot back; so every carefully aimed bolt sails wide, carbon scoring the walls behind the beast.

TK-5417 knows what to do. Raising his blaster to bear on the hairy beast, he unleashes a truly astounding volley of fire, turning the bulkhead black in the spaces TN had not yet scored.

”Target appears to have some sort of stealth deflection technology. Aim for the spaces around the target, and we should see results.”

Brick fires his blue stun bolts all around the target, but stops to yell at his team, Don't use live rounds! What are you thinking? You could've- AGGGGHHH!!! A hail of fire cuts him nearly in half as the shaggy creature takes careful aim and unleashes a hail of fire with his T-21, shredding Brick.
A Kyuzo turns the corner and charges yelling, swinging a vibro-axe. He slams it into Shiny, crushing him against the wall. He then yells in his native tongue, translated by his vocoder, We've got them, finish the objective!