Faces of the Empire IC

By P-47 Thunderbolt, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

You all wake up to the gruff voice of your sergeant, TK-829, commonly referred to as "Gore" behind his back for the rather gruesome wound he received across his face (he swears it was a rebel, but the rumor is that it was from a vesp, a local poisonous reptile [all of 6 inches tall]). All right, on your feet, we've got a new assignment. Supply shipment coming in today at 0900. We have to guard the spaceport, so stay on high alert for rebel activity, they took out one of our patrols a couple days ago. TK-420 and TK-236, you guard the back entrance, TK-808 and TR-920, you're with me. The rest of you guard the warehouse. Sergeant TK-572's squad will guard the ITTs and help load the cargo. Got it?

"Yes Sergeant! I'm with you!" I've got your back. Waaaaaay back...

"Yes Sergeant!" TK-236 calls out as he looks around his bunk area, checking around his gear for any unwelcome wild life before he crawls out of his bunk.. (thoughts of the sergeants wound, regardless of its claimed origins.)

quickly using the 'freashers and gets dressed, checks over his gear and heads toward 420.....

Pats TK-808 on the shoulder... "Good luck man.." glancing towards the Sergeant.

Edited by RuusMarev

TR-920 is up and ready with all the necessary efficiency. Before he slips his bucket on, he glances around.

"Careful out there everyone. Heads on a swivel. Let's all be back for mess call."

Helmet on, rifle safetied, outside in waiting formation for the Sergeant.

TK-236 approaches TK-420's bunk area, eyeing the low table of what may, or may not ... possibly be a shrine.

Covered in totems, dice, burning incenses, a few credits... all surrounding the E-11 resting on a bed of woven local herbs the locals believed to purge evil spirits.

Keeping well clear of the display, he let out a weary sigh. "Quartermaster still refusing to exchange it, huh?"

TK-420 looks up, helmet on, despite being in PT gear, as he quickly starts putting on the rest of his armor.

"Yeah, no kidding! He keeps on about how we're the empire and how we don't do superstition. I mean, has he even heard of Lord Vader? Anyways, I have a really good feeling about this new mantellian blaster oil I just got. It's herbal."

Now all armored up, TK-420 proudly holds up his E-11 which is meticulously cleaned and oiled, and smells kinda flowery.

"Anyways, time to mount up. We don't want to be late, in case there's a rebel attack. That'd go on our permanent record. Safer to show up on time and get shot at."

Edited by penpenpen

"Right, on time, and getting shot is so much better "...

TK-236 goes through a mental checklist, touching the items as he goes through it, following TK-420 out the door to join the others...

" You know, I saw Vader once, scariest day of my life.. did you know he even has one of those shiny sword things they say the Jedi had?"

Edited by RuusMarev

"Khooooh puuuhrr. khooooh puuuhrr."

Getting his kit together behind them, Beatbox chimes in with the sound effects, startling them. "I find. your lack of alacrity. disturbing."

"C'mon guys, I'll frag ya myself if you don't quit the scuttlebutt an' get moving."

TK-236 visibly flinches. "Fierfek Beatbox, DONT'T DO THAT!"

At this, TK-829 growls: Stow the chit-chat! Let's move out.

*screen wipe*

At precisely 0900 the Sentinel-Class shuttle swings down into the spaceport and the crew disembarks. The hover-forklifts head out of the warehouse to start loading cargo as it is lowered down from the shuttle.

"Yes Sergeant!"

Assuming we're all somewhat familiar with the layout TK-420 givea Gore Sarge a nod, and starts making his way towards the rear entrance. He's got is E-11 drawn and is on alert but is otherwise rather casually walking over there unless there is some sign of trouble or other reason to hurry. Not even glancing over his shoulder, he assumes TK-236 is right behind him.

Muttering, half to himself but also, unknowingly, over the squads comms channel: "I can't believe we get that big spiel about even assignments like these our absolutely vital, and yet we don't get E-WEBs. Mixed messages much?"

TK-236 sees a Kyuzo beginning to draw dual heavy blaster pistols when out of nowhere, a slugthrower shot slams straight through TK-420 killing him instantly and slams into the control panel for the door, locking it shut.

TK-236 Nods , " I know what you mean, its like they don't even..... HOLY CRUD !" as TK-240 gets shot.

"Tell my wife... I wish... we got married..."

TK-236 dives for cover next to 420, using him for cover.. " Sorry man," 236 switches to the squad channel. " Sgt, we have an ambush in our location, TK-240 is down!"

236 aims at the Kyuzo, and fires.

You fire towards the Kyuzo, but the shot seems to go straight for him and then twist away at the last second. You then notice that the blaster you're holding is Bucket's! He seems to have switched them out.

The Kyuzo charges toward you as you stand up and back toward the wall.

TK-236 drops poor 240's blaster as the Kyuzo starts to draw his vibroax... " I'm going to get Supply for this!"

TK-236 grabs the ax's handle and uses the momentum to spin the Kyuzo around, using the ax handle across the Kyuzo's chest to restrain him as 236 backs toward the Spaceports door.

You hear another sharp *crack* and another slugthrower shot sings over the Kyuzo's shoulder and slams into your chest.

" ....son of a. .." 236 sighs as he falls.

"Ermpa-chikka, ermpa-chikka, brrp-brrp, brrp-brrp... Hey, Quest.. You here something out there?"

Beatbox continues to do the droid, jerky robotic movements to the absurd sounds emanating from his helmet.

Back inside the starport, TK-829 yells into his comlink: TK-527! Finish up with those transports and get them out of here ASAP! Stick with them, this might be a diversion! Then to the shuttle's crew: And you! Go help them, get to cover! TK-808! TR-920! You're with me let's go go go! He then yells over comms to the members of his squad still in the warehouse: Get out here now! We've got troopers down!

Get to cover! He's speaking my language! Wait.. I have to go out there..?

TK-808 follows orders, makes it as far as the door at least. Hesitantly, he peers out...

As the three of you rush up to the door TK-829 slaps the controls and it snaps open in your face as you run directly into the rebels: the Kyuzo and a Mandalorian.