Top 5 player cards you still want

By RebelX, in The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game

I pretend he is the Squire of the Citadel (at least as long as he does not chump).

If Wilyador does come as an Eagle Ally/Hero I think a better callback ability would be: "If Wilyador has no damage, he does not exhaust to quest."

I REALLY need a powerful Anduril card, guarded or just expensive, that can attach to a dunedain and help that archetype.

BUT MOST OF ALL I NEED AN ATTACHMENT FOR A HERO OF ALL FOUR SPHERES. PLEASE. I LOVE COLLECTING SPHERES AND MINI-GAMES WITHIN THE GAME.

Edited by RogueSeventeen

Anduril for sure needs to come out, would be nice to see all of the hobbit Treasures make it into guarded cards.

5 hours ago, General_Grievous said:

Anduril for sure needs to come out, would be nice to see all of the hobbit Treasures make it into guarded cards.

I think all that would be left is Thrors bow and cup. Both are a bit underwhelming. I think we are good otherwise!

Top 5 Most Desired: Ally Aragorn, Ally Frodo, Anduril, Eagle Hero (Wyliador or Gwaihir) & A really great Rohan flavored event that brings the trait together (similar to what Pillars of the Kings did for Gondor).

13 minutes ago, kypatzer said:

Top 5 Most Desired: Ally Aragorn, Ally Frodo, Anduril, Eagle Hero (Wyliador or Gwaihir) & A really great Rohan flavored event that brings the trait together (similar to what Pillars of the Kings did for Gondor).

I wouldn't say Pillars of the Kings is a particularly Gondor-enabling card, I mean there are Gondor cards that deal with Valor but they are not the core of really any of the Gondor decks. I will try it in my monoLeadership Gondor swarm, but I'm not likely to replace Strength of Arms with Need Drives Them.

@Gizlivadi think we might get the other two named Palantiri? (even 3 with the Ithil Stone?)

2 minutes ago, banania said:

@Gizlivadi think we might get the other two named Palantiri? (even 3 with the Ithil Stone?)

Ithil Stone I doubt, but the fact they included both the Elostirion Stone and Saruman hero this cycle pretty much guarantees we should see them. What I would love to see as well are more doomed cards that actually related with the original doomed theme, which was Isengard and the magic arts. But it seems that doomed this cycle is going to be just generic events, which sucks.

@Gizlivadi I saw a very noticeable jump in the power level of my mono-leadership Gondor deck after including PotKs. In addition to the extra 4 cards you get to power up Veteran of Osgilliath (& the upcoming Angbor the Fearless). While Strength of Arms is great, Need Drives Them will allow you to splash in Tactics or even Spirit in your Gondor build.

Edited by kypatzer
10 hours ago, player3351457 said:

I think all that would be left is Thrors bow and cup. Both are a bit underwhelming. I think we are good otherwise!

Those would be great though, especially since the guarded cards are slightly changed from their saga implementations. The cup could be a massive card draw (like choose resources or cards and gain up to 5 of either). The bow could grant the printed ranged keyword and +2 Attack which would allow for some new opportunities and design.

2 hours ago, kypatzer said:

Yes we really need an Ally Frodo and Aragorn to round out the fellowship options. Aragorn could be a neutral ally and count as having all printed spheres. Maybe be like his iteration in the Sagas where he gains a resource every round and can spend two to ready any hero.

Frodo could be exhaust to add a resource to a hero you control.

There's a lot of guarded cards one might still expect.

A blue weapon that lowers threat to round out the spheres with Orcrist/Glamdring/Durin's Axe.

Some sort of powerful defensive guarded attachment - we've had none of those yet - like a shield that gives +3 defense or a Spear that does 2 damage when declared as a defender.

Possible Anduril.

People have noted other palantirs that may come.

I think at this point in the cycle it's pretty clear some (if not most) of these will be left out.

1 minute ago, RogueSeventeen said:

A blue weapon that lowers threat to round out the spheres with Orcrist/Glamdring/Durin's Axe.

I hope I am wrong but I can't imagine such a weapon coming. Way too powerful, because the others have no restriction per phase, while Beregond and Fastred do. A ranged hero supporting a dunedain deck could keep the 2nd player in secrecy the entire game. As it is, there are some crazy combos you can make with those three, including the Orcrist+Elladan.

On 1/17/2020 at 2:42 PM, player3351457 said:

I hope I am wrong but I can't imagine such a weapon coming. Way too powerful, because the others have no restriction per phase, while Beregond and Fastred do. A ranged hero supporting a dunedain deck could keep the 2nd player in secrecy the entire game. As it is, there are some crazy combos you can make with those three, including the Orcrist+Elladan.

It would be pretty easy to give it a "once per phase" restriction, should the designer(s) feel it warranted, even if the other Guarded Weapons don't have such a limitation.

Frankly, I think such a weapon would be well within the power level of the current game. Popular Heroes like Beregond-Sp, Galdriel, and Frodo-Ld already offer means to manage threat every round (as do several less popular Heroes like Fastred and Merry), and the list of player cards to reduce threat is fairly long. To me, at least, a guarded weapon that requires that it's bearer participates in a fatal attack in order to trigger doesn't seem unfairly good given many of the other quality threat-control options now available.

Besides, I'm sure if someone pitched a sword that let the bearer draw a card (Glamdring) or gain a resource (Orcrist), most of us would think it was too good of an ability... and yet each of those has existed for awhile now, and can even be triggered multiple times a turn if the bearer can ready (pretty trivial) and has enough squishy targets (really dependent on the quest and staging).

We still need a card that readies an attachment as well.

2 hours ago, RogueSeventeen said:

We still need a card that readies an attachment as well.

The designers have repeatedly said that they will never design a card that will ready attachments. There are too many ways it could create OP combos or break the game.

It would also be cool to get some mounts that aren't horses. Like an eagle or a pony for dwarves/hobbits?

A guarded (enemy) warg mount would be cool as well.

Edited by RogueSeventeen
1 hour ago, RogueSeventeen said:

It would also be cool to get some mounts that aren't horses. Like an eagle or a pony for dwarves/hobbits?

All of those are great ideas! An Eagle mount would be boss level awesomeness

6 hours ago, RogueSeventeen said:

a pony for dwarves/hobbits?

We kinda already have that .

Edited by Alonewolf87
7 hours ago, RogueSeventeen said:

Also this is kind of that

But please...please: no killer moose or warpigs :D

Edited by OlorinCZ

A Debate

0 cost neutral side quest

Limit one per deck.

- progress

Card art: Aragorn and Gandalf on Caradras

Forced: When you play this card pay 1 resource onto it.

Response: after a player pays a resource onto this card, any player may do the same.

At the end of the quest phase, the player who paid the last resource onto this quest draws x + 1 cards where x is the number of resources on this card. Add this card to the victory display.

Victory 1

Edited by Felswrath

So in some deck building, I noticed there are two cards needed to round out some similar effects across the spheres.

1. Other than the side quest, there is no "limit 1 per deck" in lore. (To join path of need, fall of gil-galad, and black arrow/red arrow)

2. There is no revive a hero in leadership (to join Landroval, fortune or fate, and houses of healing)

I'd like to see both in the final pack.

1 hour ago, player3351457 said:

So in some deck building, I noticed there are two cards needed to round out some similar effects across the spheres.

1. Other than the side quest, there is no "limit 1 per deck" in lore. (To join path of need, fall of gil-galad, and black arrow/red arrow)

2. There is no revive a hero in leadership (to join Landroval, fortune or fate, and houses of healing)

I'd like to see both in the final pack.

Great ideas!

I felt like The Great Hunt was supposed to be that card just on power level, or Tom Bombadil, or any of their insane card draw. Lore really is the best sphere haha. But I think if there was to be a new one, I would say something like:

Elven Magic: Cost 5, limit one per deck, choose an non-objective, non-unique enemy or location in play and add Elven Magic to the victory display to add that selected card to the victory display.

As for the hero saving, something like an attachment skill called Such a Victory. Cost 2. Attach to a Warrior Hero. When that hero has Damage tokens equal to hit points, instead of being defeated, remove one Damage token and add Such a Victory to the victory display to keep that hero in play.

"'No!' said Aragorn, taking his hand and kissing his brow. 'You have
conquered. Few have gained such a victory. Be at peace! Minas Tirith shall not fall!"

Anduril

Unique Leadership Cost 1

Guarded (Enemy)

Attach to Aragorn

+1 Attack, +1 Defense

Response: When you play this card, You may shuffle x copies of Army of the Dead into the encounter deck. X is one less than the number of resource icons Aragorn possesses (limit once per game).

Army of the Dead

Response: Each player may discard 1 enemy from the staging area or that is engaged with him.

Forced: Skip the encounter and combat phases this round.

That would be a great way to incorporate the army of the dead and Anduril into the game, which does help with one of the unsolved riddle hints we have.