Missing 12 heroes from Conversion Kit

By rugal, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

We had the shopping after Relegar's rest. No luck again for B(o)uldar. The best he could buy was a Dire Flail - YEAH a 2 handed weapon - OH NO, totally useless for his Class as it's not a Blade, neither an Axe. Then I checked through the whole Act I shop item pack - found only 4 weapons which could suit him (4 items out of 76). I can imagine quite easily that he must wait till end of Interlude 1 to browse through the whole Act I deck and select weapons which could finally suit him to have any benefit of his ability. And that means that the whole party should wait for this big chance and must spare gold for this. That means he could possibly play through 5 missions useless waiting for his chance. Even now, to start a quest the 3rd time without any benefit but having 3/3 is simply boring. Considering both cases co-op and Overlord mode - I would never ever choose him to play with and cannot imagine that I can convince any other player to do so. Especially as we have so many other good options. So he's Laughin but as of yet I can't find the reason why.

Edited by kbalazsa

And yet I have a friend Who love him so much, even if Buldar shows his full potential more in Act 2, and either as a knight or a skirmisher

Yeah the Knight is so dominant it could save any weaker Hero or make them shine (even Glyr flies like a bird with his 2 speed). No doubt I'll keep testing Buldar till the end, but so far I don't enjoy it.

I do like him, but I think he needs more HP, maybe 16 ?

Edited by rugal

That doesn't change a thing in my opinion. Perhaps a bit more stamina, 4.

My friend and I are actually trying :

- Landrec as 3 move/ 12 health / 5 stamina / brown die

Hero ability - "each time you perform an attack and roll no surge, add 1 surge to the attack"

Heroic feat - "use when you perform an attack, after dice are rolled. 2 surge = +5 hearts"

and I must say he is pretty strong : being assured to have surge on each roll is a great addition, and right now, he is playing it as Hexer. He may fall sometimes, but unless he rolls an X, his attacks are great, and with some good weapons like Immolation. I still think he should stay something like that and adding his surge power to all heroes within 3 spaces is far too strong, at least, neither me nor my friend would allow such a too strong ability. Differents experience, I guess.

Don't forget that I play the standard classic game with an Overlord (me) against players, so experience may differs from app or other when monsters are too much opp and needs more striking power to take them down

16 hours ago, kbalazsa said:

That doesn't change a thing in my opinion. Perhaps a bit more stamina, 4.

I agree, Laughin seems weak to me. But I haven't tried him yet.

Another playtest session report. Me as Overlord and four people playing the heroes.

Campaign: Shadows of Nerekhall

Quest: Local Politics Encounter 1 (we plan on finishing later)

Power Level: Epic (Advanced)

Healer: Aurim, Bard

Again, we didn't really get to see Aurim in action that much. They picked up some potions, but really I think it's Encounter 2 where Aurim shines. For now this is pending judgement.

No proposed fix

Warrior: Hugo the Glorious, Raider / Treasure Hunter

Everyone agreed that this new version of Hugo is solid. I would've liked to have seen him as a Knight with better armor, but even as a Raider with Leather Armor he was a force. I think this current iteration of Hugo is perfect and I don't see changing him. There were many times just being able to dodge blanks on those dice was just so nice.

No proposed fix

Mage: Landrec the Wise, Necromancer

The new version of Landrec is bonkers, and basically everyone agreed on this. The previous version was bad, but this is way too strong. @kbalazsa mentioned this version is solid, but after playing with him I disagree. Landrec was handing out surges like they were nothing, and monsters were going down left and right all because of him. This version cannot be final.

So to summarize:

Version 1.0 (CK): "Each time you perform an attack and roll no Surge, add 1 Surge to the results."

Version 2.0 (bad): "Each time a hero within 3 spaces performs an attack and rolls no Surge, add 1 Surge to the results."

Version 3.0 (broken): "Each time a hero within 2 spaces performs an attack, add 1 Surge to the results."

Proposal A: "Each time a hero performs an attack and rolls no Surge, add 1 Surge to the results."

Proposal B: "Each time you perform an attack, add 1 Surge to the results."

Proposal C: "Each time an adjacent hero performs an attack, add 1 Surge to the results."

Proposal D : "Each time a hero within 1 space performs an attack, add 1 Surge to the results."

Version 4.0 (new): Proposal A: "Each time a hero performs an attack and rolls no Surge, add 1 Surge to the results."

Scout: Kirga, Ravager / Beastmaster

Kirga was so interesting. Until she wasn't. So we tested Stalker (Beastmaster skill), and surprisingly this wasn't the problem. There are ways the Overlord can play around this. The bigger problem was the quest itself and Kirga's ability. Kirga was able to interrupt the Ettin's turn and completely stop the Ettin from opening the gate multiple times. It was completely degenerate, overpowered (on this specific quest), and completely ruined the experience of the quest. However, I have a fix in mind that will keep the feel of Kirga without ruining quests like this.

Proposed fix to Feat : "Use at the start of your turn. Add a number of fatigue tokens equal to your Speed to your Hero Turn Summary card. At the end of any figure's activation you may discard a fatigue token on your Hero Turn Summary card to gain a movement point." (replaced "twice your Speed" with "your Speed", replaced "During any figure's activation" with "At the end of any figure's activation")

If these simple fixes were in place, Kirga would not have been such a huge issue in this quest. I also think this will fix other potential issues that I haven't tested yet, such as using Kirga in "The Man Who Would Be King". There are still potential issues with other quests that need testing, such as Shadowfall Mountain.

Edited by ComtriS

Landrec giving surge for all attacks is as I sayed, is overpowered. I think that unlimiting is ability in squares is also too much.

I still thinks that is base ability is great, but his stats are not. Adding him 2 health and 1 stamina is great and he will do the job.

Not all heroes should be strong, and the problem is taked in reverse direction : some heroes are overpowered and should be limited down, not making all heroes as broken as they are.

Need to test Hugo even if I don't like him at all ...

Kirga as she is doesn't seems interresting to me. Need to see this with my friends, since I will play with them, their opinion is final to me.

4 minutes ago, rugal said:

Landrec giving surge for all attacks is as I sayed, is overpowered. I think that unlimiting is ability in squares is also too much.

I still thinks that is base ability is great, but his stats are not. Adding him 2 health and 1 stamina is great and he will do the job.

Not all heroes should be strong, and the problem is taked in reverse direction : some heroes are overpowered and should be limited down, not making all heroes as broken as they are.

Need to test Hugo even if I don't like him at all ...

Kirga as she is doesn't seems interresting to me. Need to see this with my friends, since I will play with them, their opinion is final to me.

As I said, I tested this version which was really bad: "Each time a hero within 3 spaces performs an attack and rolls no Surg e, add 1 Surge to the results."

These heroes should be balanced. Right now, no version of Landrec that I've tested is balanced.

12 minutes ago, ComtriS said:

As I said, I tested this version which was really bad: "Each time a hero within 3 spaces performs an attack and rolls no Surg e, add 1 Surge to the results."

These heroes should be balanced. Right now, no version of Landrec that I've tested is balanced.

I'm testing him as he was in CK with only + 2 health and + 1 stamina and he performs great, with feat changed to after rolling dice and I think I will keep him as this since he is great

Edited by rugal

I'm playing Landed with the 3 Speed 4 Stamina and the "Each time a hero within 2 spaces of you performs an attack, add 1 surge to the results" version. 2 spaces is not that powerful, but it's fun (but too much) if someone can stay closeby. It helps during the first few rounds of a quest a lot, too much for the Overlords taste.

"kbalazsa mentioned this version is solid" - yeah that's what I mean, he's strong.

We've finished 2 more quests till then:

Blod Will Tell - It was obvious how slow we are (Glyr/Buldar/Bogran/Landrec) - we had only 2 health missing from the Alter when Buldar was finally able to enter the Chapel with his Dire Flail in hand... and the miracle happened there. Buldar moved in with FP, then hit the heroic feat with Zombie, Flesh Moulders hordes all around + Lady Eliza Farrow herself. It was a massacre, killed 1 Flesh Moulder, 1 Zombie right away, damaged badly 3 other Flesh Moulders through Eliza (quest rule). So she was able to add only 1 more Health on the alter then tried to take a revenge on Buldar ... with little success. Bulder killed her on his next round and we won. It was a proper revenge for his 3/3 for sure, or a bit more than that ...

>> Question - can or must Eliza kill a Flesh Moulder with "Blood Bond" by sharing enough damage to kill a Flesh Moulder when she's hit? We played to damage them only till 1 remaining Health to keep them alive.

Then shopping and finally Buldar got a proper weapon - a Bearded Axe. And now he is what he supposed to be, no more complaint.

So we went for Caladen's Crossing. It wasn't easy but managed to save 3 red tokens against Reanimate and Crypt Dragons (they were waiting in the Cabin). It was astonishing how easy Buldar and Bogran killed both dragons in 2 rounds (the white one was killed by Bogran alone right after he stepped in - opening the door, step in, dragons appear, he didn't see them at the beginning of his turn so +2 Pierce and +1 Damage).

Then Encounter 2. No way that SOTP automation can beat this team in this quest. We won it so easily, Splig was killed in 2 rounds right after he's appeared, altough they caught Bogran on the Battlefield, KO. The random monsters were Hellhounds (tried to run for the Exit but Bogran catched them and killed them almost alone on the 2A Stream), Beastman (tried to hit the Gatehouse, then died in 2 rounds), Flesh Moulders, Dark Priest (not much luck against the gatehouse either), and the last open monster group didn't get a chance. Maybe a bit better monster selection... or a bit lesser luck on the dice, but in this form it was a one way direction.

At this point it's obvious that:

- Bogran is very strong with a good enough ranged weapon and with some proper movement (and against an automated SOTP Overlord - with some extra care though) - as a Thief and with the Sneaky ability. We have never used his heroic feat though...

- Buldar - he's heroic feat is a bit too strong, with a Reach weapon it could mean too many attacks with only 1 action. Maybe that's why it was limited to 3 only in the original version. Other than that it's ok-ish, but 3/3 is very weak especially in the first few quests of a campaign. Maybe he could be balanced if he has only 1 handed weapon(s) he has 4 Stamina but decreased to 3 if use a 2 handed one as 1 handed. Just an idea...

- Glyr - hes ability is funny, and very helpful in the beginning of a quest, or in smaller maps but then he's left behind and he just try to catch the tempo, which he simply can't. At that phase of the quests he's becoming just a weaker version of Okaluk and Rakash. We always forgot to activate his heroic feat in the right time... to have the condition - "at the start of your turn" makes it complicated and it's not that strong feat to nerf it that way in my opinion. Suggestion - +1 Movement or +1 Stamina, remove condition "at the start of your turn" from the feat text.

- Landrec - +1 surge to everyone sounds a bit strong, even if it's not that easy to have it consistently during a quest as the heroes moving around the map, leaving each other more than 2 spaces a lot of times. Maybe once / each heroes turn could be a reasonable nerf here - or some other versions mentioned before.

Edited by kbalazsa
7 hours ago, kbalazsa said:

- Bogran is very strong with a good enough ranged weapon and with some proper movement (and against an automated SOTP Overlord - with some extra care though) - as a Thief and with the Sneaky ability. We have never used his heroic feat though...

What if we changed the heroic feat back to how @rugal had it? Basically within 3 spaces?

- Buldar - he's heroic feat is a bit too strong, with a Reach weapon it could mean too many attacks with only 1 action. Maybe that's why it was limited to 3 only in the original version. Other than that it's ok-ish, but 3/3 is very weak especially in the first few quests of a campaign. Maybe he could be balanced if he has only 1 handed weapon(s) he has 4 Stamina but decreased to 3 if use a 2 handed one as 1 handed. Just an idea...

Yeah, I figured this would be the case. I've been thinking about this change:

Ability : "While equipped, your weapons require only 1 hand. You may treat weapons with 2 hand icons as if they have only 1 hand icon." (removed "Melee")

Feat : "Action: Perform an attack for each adjacent monster figure." (replaced "line of sight" with "adjacent" and removed "Melee")

- Glyr - hes ability is funny, and very helpful in the beginning of a quest, or in smaller maps but then he's left behind and he just try to catch the tempo, which he simply can't. At that phase of the quests he's becoming just a weaker version of Okaluk and Rakash. We always forgot to activate his heroic feat in the right time... to have the condition - "at the start of your turn" makes it complicated and it's not that strong feat to nerf it that way in my opinion. Suggestion - +1 Movement or +1 Stamina, remove condition "at the start of your turn" from the feat text.

Glyr is probably not resting very often, because he basically has 4 movement and 3 fatigue. So he's free to have max fatigue at the end of his turn, without needing to rest. I'm not sure that this needs to be changed, but I haven't tried this version yet. Why do you think he needs +1 movement or +1 stamina? His ability is on par with O&R (+4 movement points), but he has even more HP. I think his stats are fine.

- Landrec - +1 surge to everyone sounds a bit strong, even if it's not that easy to have it consistently during a quest as the heroes moving around the map, leaving each other more than 2 spaces a lot of times. Maybe once / each heroes turn could be a reasonable nerf here - or some other versions mentioned before.

In the last quest I played (Local Politics), Landrec was able to be within 2 spaces of heroes (including the Reanimate and Wolf) the entire quest. The only time that wasn't true was when Hugo went off on his own to unlock the door, so Hugo didn't get the bonus during that time. I'm going to test out different versions of Landrec, but something needs to be done to make him playable but not ridiculously powerful.

8 hours ago, ComtriS said:

Yeah, I figured this would be the case. I've been thinking about this change:

Ability : "While equipped, your weapons require only 1 hand. You may treat weapons with 2 hand icons as if they have only 1 hand icon." (removed "Melee")

Feat : "Action: Perform an attack for each adjacent monster figure." (replaced "line of sight" with "adjacent" and removed "Melee")

Ability - that sounds odd as most of the Warrior abilities working with Melee weapons.

Feat: yeah that could work.

Glyr is probably not resting very often, because he basically has 4 movement and 3 fatigue. So he's free to have max fatigue at the end of his turn, without needing to rest. I'm not sure that this needs to be changed, but I haven't tried this version yet. Why do you think he needs +1 movement or +1 stamina? His ability is on par with O&R (+4 movement points), but he has even more HP. I think his stats are fine.

O&R has 2 Speed, 3 Stamina +4 gratis movement, Glyr has 2/3 and +2 only for himself as I suppose he can't add 2x2 for himself (based on the ability text), that's why I said he's a weaker version of O&R if he's left behind. Yeah he has +4 Health in exchange for that.

What if we changed the heroic feat back to how @rugal had it? Basically within 3 spaces?

Yeah that sounds better.

In the last quest I played (Local Politics), Landrec was able to be within 2 spaces of heroes (including the Reanimate and Wolf) the entire quest. The only time that wasn't true was when Hugo went off on his own to unlock the door, so Hugo didn't get the bonus during that time. I'm going to test out different versions of Landrec, but something needs to be done to make him playable but not ridiculously powerful.

Try the same 2 spaces +Surge but only once / heroes turn (he can give everyone exactly once in 2 spaces distance) including himself.

2 hours ago, kbalazsa said:

Ability - that sounds odd as most of the Warrior abilities working with Melee weapons.

You are right, and more over, it will create broken situation : as a wildlander, he can have 2 bows, using 2 runes, etc ... and this will be oftenly broken (need to think more about it, but I can sens it). There is no doubt that Buldar's ability should be limited to Melee weapon only.

How do you explain he can shoot using a bow with only 1 hand ?

I tought also of his feat, but since there is no reach melee weapons in Act 2, this is somehow an auto balancing situation.

Edited by rugal
20 hours ago, kbalazsa said:

18 hours ago, rugal said:

You are right, and more over, it will create broken situation : as a wildlander, he can have 2 bows, using 2 runes, etc ... and this will be oftenly broken (need to think more about it, but I can sens it). There is no doubt that Buldar's ability should be limited to Melee weapon only.

How do you explain he can shoot using a bow with only 1 hand ?

I tought also of his feat, but since there is no reach melee weapons in Act 2, this is somehow an auto balancing situation.

Perhaps, thematically it doesn't make a lot of sense. There are crossbows that you can use with 1 hand though. However, my own feeling was that Laughin's ability was weak, and I think @kbalazsa 's testing seems to agree with that. I believe there are 8 two-handed melee weapons in Act 1, and 13 two-handed ranged weapons in Act 1 (total of 73 Act I shop items). That gives 45% odds of drawing a two-handed Melee weapon on your first look at the shop, which isn't too bad but isn't great either (and not all two-handed weapons are desirable). That increases to 82.7% for all two-handed weapons.

The only other thing to do with Laughin would be to improve his stats.

O&R has 2 Speed, 3 Stamina +4 gratis movement, Glyr has 2/3 and +2 only for himself as I suppose he can't add 2x2 for himself (based on the ability text), that's why I said he's a weaker version of O&R if he's left behind. Yeah he has +4 Health in exchange for that.

Yeah, I agree it's weaker because he can't go off on his own (which limits what class you'd want to play), but it's not much weaker as a good player should be getting the +2x2 movement every single turn. I think the +4 health absolutely makes up for that.

Try the same 2 spaces +Surge but only once / heroes turn (he can give everyone exactly once in 2 spaces distance) including himself.

I'll add this to the list of things to try. However, I'm always hesistant to make abilities too complicated when a simple ability works just as well. I also believe even that would probably be too strong, but it's worth trying.

I guess this would read like this: "Once per turn, when a hero within 2 spaces performs an attack, add 1 Surge to the results."

Perhaps that could be combined with my other "1 space" proposal and this might be balanced: "Once per turn, when a hero within 1 space performs an attack, add 1 Surge to the results."

So still some testing to do on these variations:

On 11/16/2020 at 1:49 AM, ComtriS said:

Version 1.0 (CK): "Each time you perform an attack and roll no Surge, add 1 Surge to the results."

Version 2.0 (bad): "Each time a hero within 3 spaces performs an attack and rolls no Surge, add 1 Surge to the results."

Version 3.0 (broken): "Each time a hero within 2 spaces performs an attack, add 1 Surge to the results."

Proposal A: "Each time a hero performs an attack and rolls no Surge, add 1 Surge to the results."

Proposal B: "Each time you perform an attack, add 1 Surge to the results."

Proposal C: "Each time an adjacent hero performs an attack, add 1 Surge to the results."

Proposal D : "Each time a hero within 1 space performs an attack, add 1 Surge to the results."

Proposal E: "Once per turn, when a hero within 1 spaces performs an attack, add 1 Surge to the results."

Proposal F: "Once per turn, when a hero within 2 space performs an attack, add 1 Surge to the results."

Edited by ComtriS

I guess we just found the last bit of argument against Buldar having two 2 handed Melee weapon. After the interlude he bought a Guardian Axe next to his Bearded Axe. With his abilities (Keen Edge + Bearded Axe) - he could easily have up to 4 pierce +2 damage (thanks to Bearded Axe text) - then he could easily kill then he's got +2 defense against every attack? Sounds a bit broken.

So my current suggestion regarding him is: only one 2-handed weapon should be allowed, and the agreed feat change - attacks allowed against only adjacent monsters. Perhaps +1 Stamina in case he has no 2 handed weapon in (neither of his) hand(s).

After interlude all Act I shopping Glyr + Elven boots? Yeah, thank you. Now he can move up to 3(ability + Elven boots) for free, then 3 (FP)+2(Speed) with 2 actions 8 all in all (still not a speedster).

My suggestion remains still: remove condition "at the start of your turn" from the feat text. And perhaps +1 Stamina, but with my selected combination (Crusader + Knight), he's pretty well fine with current 3 Stamina (Oath of Honor, Zealous Area, Righteous, Defense training).

Landrec:

We've tested

Proposal F: "Once per turn, when a hero within 2 space performs an attack, add 1 Surge to the results."

Still too strong. Perhaps

Proposal G: "Once per turn, when a hero within 2 space performs an attack, and rolls no Surge, add 1 Surge to the results."

We'll test it during our next quest.

Bogran:

We've tried to hit his Feat but we found it's not working quite well in case it works only with adjacent figure. I'd restore the original Rugal feat version.

I've already started to think on next test round, and I'd like to test Aurim among others. What is the current version of it? Could we agree to use the picture for Aurim from Rugal's version? That was some awesome design.

27 minutes ago, kbalazsa said:

I guess we just found the last bit of argument against Buldar having two 2 handed Melee weapon. After the interlude he bought a Guardian Axe next to his Bearded Axe. With his abilities (Keen Edge + Bearded Axe) - he could easily have up to 4 pierce +2 damage (thanks to Bearded Axe text) - then he could easily kill then he's got +2 defense against every attack? Sounds a bit broken.

Ha, you would cumulate effects ? I think that the game was not ready for those situations, but the Bearded axe power would, for me, work only if attacking with it only. So, in this case, having him 2 handed weapon in each hands has no problem at all.

29 minutes ago, kbalazsa said:

So my current suggestion regarding him is: only one 2-handed weapon should be allowed, and the agreed feat change - attacks allowed against only adjacent monsters. Perhaps +1 Stamina in case he has no 2 handed weapon in (neither of his) hand(s).

I think limitating it to only 1 weapon with 2 hands icons in 1 hand is still great. Adding him 1 stamina while he has a not 2 weapons is a good idea, but will be a real trouble to find the wording since there is not so much space on his hero ability sheet :(

Maybe " While your equippement hands have 2 or less hands icons, apply + 1 to your stamina " ?

32 minutes ago, kbalazsa said:

After interlude all Act I shopping Glyr + Elven boots? Yeah, thank you. Now he can move up to 3(ability + Elven boots) for free, then 3 (FP)+2(Speed) with 2 actions 8 all in all (still not a speedster).

My suggestion remains still: remove condition "at the start of your turn" from the feat text. And perhaps +1 Stamina, but with my selected combination (Crusader + Knight), he's pretty well fine with current 3 Stamina (Oath of Honor, Zealous Area, Righteous, Defense training).

Removing the "at start of turn" for the feat of Glyr has a little troubles, for example, as a disciple, he can use Radiant light twice, since he can spend his stamina, then feat, then spend his stamina again.

I've played it for a long time now, and his feat just need to be a bit viligant. Many of the overlord cards have effect either "at the start of your turn" or "at the end of your turn" and you need to be attentive when playing, just a catch to take. But I admit it takes some time to adapt (since I've played very long time at Magic, these special case are nothing to me, Magic is really frustrating sometimes because of the tempo system)

35 minutes ago, kbalazsa said:

Still too strong. Perhaps

Proposal G: "Once per turn, when a hero within 2 space performs an attack, and rolls no Surge, add 1 Surge to the results."

We'll test it during our next quest.

Why 2 spaces ? Since all effects of the game are at 3 spaces, it is kind of weird, and then can happens to create frustrations. But this proposal looks like more balanced, even with 3 spaces radius.

38 minutes ago, kbalazsa said:

Bogran:

We've tried to hit his Feat but we found it's not working quite well in case it works only with adjacent figure. I'd restore the original Rugal feat version.

I've already started to think on next test round, and I'd like to test Aurim among others. What is the current version of it? Could we agree to use the picture for Aurim from Rugal's version? That was some awesome design.

Even if I'm afraid that even with a feat within 3 spaces can create balance troubles : a real overlord can play around it, and can move his targeted monster very far, so the hero will be lost alone in middle of nowhere and dead with no possibilites to be raised before one or two turns, and on the other hand, can be used to go through a place that he should not be able to and break some quests (like many other teleportations skill, the biggest issue being the Trutheseer Translocation that just do stupid things !)

I hope I can try him soon, so I will be able to see more and give feedbacks

36 minutes ago, kbalazsa said:

Thanks, it takes me a very long time to find this one, a full day on the net to find it ! And I really like that artwork far more than the "original" one

2 hours ago, rugal said:
3 hours ago, kbalazsa said:

I guess we just found the last bit of argument against Buldar having two 2 handed Melee weapon. After the interlude he bought a Guardian Axe next to his Bearded Axe . With his abilities ( Keen Edge + Bearded Axe ) - he could easily have up to 4 pierce +2 damage (thanks to Bearded Axe text) - then he could easily kill then he's got +2 defense against every attack? Sounds a bit broken .

Ha, you would cumulate effects ? I think that the game was not ready for those situations, but the Bearded axe power would, for me, work only if attacking with it only. So, in this case, having him 2 handed weapon in each hands has no problem at all.

Confirmed. Skirmisher would only get to use the Bearded Axe's"If, after resolving Pierce" ability when attacking WITH the Bearded Axe. Likewise, only if defeating a monster WITH the Guardian Axe. Neither of these abilities is passive (just for having the weapon equipped) and more than that, neither is a surge ability, so would not even get shared with Dual Strike skill.

Edited by Zaltyre
3 hours ago, rugal said:

59 minutes ago, Zaltyre said:

Confirmed. Skirmisher would only get to use the Bearded Axe 's"If, after resolving Pierce" ability when attacking WITH the Bearded Axe . Likewise, only if defeating a monster WITH the Guardian Axe . Neither of these abilities is passive (just for having the weapon equipped) and more than that, neither is a surge ability, so would not even get shared with Dual Strike skill.

You are both right. The game mechanism, other weapons, wording etc. all against that idea - however if you read the text and focus only that - this combination seems and sounds like a proper one. However it shows how complicated this one again, requires thorough checking (of every) possible combinations.

3 hours ago, rugal said:

Thanks, it takes me a very long time to find this one, a full day on the net to find it ! And I really like that artwork far more than the "original" one

Thumbs up, +1 vote from me for that.

3 hours ago, rugal said:

Why 2 spaces ? Since all effects of the game are at 3 spaces, it is kind of weird, and then can happens to create frustrations. But this proposal looks like more balanced, even with 3 spaces radius.

Allright, we'll test it with 3 spaces - although in my case it's easy to be 2 space around him - as we already try to stick together due the "Glyr" bottleneck.

3 hours ago, rugal said:

Removing the "at start of turn" for the feat of Glyr has a little troubles, for example, as a disciple, he can use Radiant light twice, since he can spend his stamina, then feat, then spend his stamina again.

I've played it for a long time now, and his feat just need to be a bit viligant. Many of the overlord cards have effect either "at the start of your turn" or "at the end of your turn" and you need to be attentive when playing, just a catch to take. But I admit it takes some time to adapt (since I've played very long time at Magic, these special case are nothing to me, Magic is really frustrating sometimes because of the tempo system)

Aha, ok, touché. But then I'd more reliant to have +1 Stamina for him.

35 minutes ago, kbalazsa said:

Aha, ok, touché. But then I'd more reliant to have +1 Stamina for Glyr

He already has many advantages and don't need more : allowing heroes to move (not only himself, sometimes he can allow 2 other heroes), familiars, etc ... with large health value, and his feat having 2 powers is great. If you wish of any change, I think that his feat ability could be opened to "within 3 spaces" instead of "you and adjacent"

2 hours ago, rugal said:

He already has many advantages and don't need more : allowing heroes to move (not only himself, sometimes he can allow 2 other heroes), familiars, etc ... with large health value, and his feat having 2 powers is great. If you wish of any change, I think that his feat ability could be opened to "within 3 spaces" instead of "you and adjacent"

I'll keep testing it as it is. Poor one had literally nothing but the Knight starter weapon and shield + a Staff of Light. Now he has a Trident, Elven boots and a Leather armor so he might serve a bit better.

On 11/23/2020 at 12:16 PM, rugal said:

Haha, just found out accidently from where it is :)

I like that game too.

10 hours ago, kbalazsa said:

Haha, just found out accidently from where it is :)

I like that game too.

I forgot. Which game is it ?

Might&Magic Heroes VII

image.thumb.jpeg.723df02d5a11d4a7c0ca8f60c5f68f1f.jpeg