[Mafia] Starfighter Sabotage

By Bertie Wooster, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

2 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Is there anything you’d like to ask me, should the role composition be favorable and you guys miraculously survive another night?

Who’s your partner?

@The Jabbawookie Town Roleblocker can block a normal night kill, but not a Strongman kill.

Town Babysitter+town roleblocker are no match vs. two scum. If a game comes down to those four, scum would win, as you say.

12 minutes ago, Madaghmire said:

Who’s your partner?

Most likely you and GNIPs.

As a last-ditch effort, I will

##vote Caldias.

That makes two votes: mine and GNIPs. If I were scum, I’d time it with my teammate, unless that teammate were GNIPs, one of only two players to claim a power role this game. Now watch, as 12 hours with no turbo go by.

Risky? A little. But we’re all on a cliff edge anyway.

Well I’m a fool. Could have sworn GNIPs had, in fact, voted. But this proves nothing.

I’ll be keeping my vote, nonetheless. It’s where it belongs.

Just your friendly moderator rules reminder of how the night phase rules work; hopefully this is helpful to you all.

"Night phase has begun. It will be over in 24 hours, or when all night actions are in. Whichever comes first."

Edited by Bertie Wooster

GhostofNobodyInParticular (L-3)

Lord Preyer (L-3)

The Jabbawookie (L-3)

Caldias (L-2) (The Jabbawookie)

Madaghmire (L-3)

Less than 11 hours remaining.

Edited by Bertie Wooster

I’d like to hear from Cal and LP as to why it cannot be them as the remaining scum player.

20 minutes ago, Madaghmire said:

I’d like to hear from Cal and LP as to why it cannot be them as the remaining scum player.

@Caldias , @Lord Preyer .

Thanks for the ping!

I can't say that it can't be me, of course, but I will say that being targeted by Jabba, who was likely blocked by GNIP, is probably the best defense I can give.

Assuming Jabba is scum, he has nothing to lose by throwing a vote on someone who is not yet confirmed town. It implicates me not being bussed, so right now Jabba has certainly created a binary situation, where the choice is me or him. For those that aren't me, either he is scum and I'm not bussed because of that, or he proved that I am scum by the lack of the bus.

For me, this proves Jabba's scumminess as, after 5 hours, I'm still not bussed. I'm certain Jabba is scum and will vote back at him.

##vote @The Jabbawookie

47 minutes ago, Caldias said:

Thanks for the ping!

I can't say that it can't be me, of course, but I will say that being targeted by Jabba, who was likely blocked by GNIP, is probably the best defense I can give.

Meh. I’d probably go binary here also, try to clear my scum-mate when I die, or if for some reason I can’t imagine we actually listened to Jabba, to build cred on your death.

Assuming Jabba is scum, he has nothing to lose by throwing a vote on someone who is not yet confirmed town. It implicates me not being bussed, so right now Jabba has certainly created a binary situation, where the choice is me or him. For those that aren't me, either he is scum and I'm not bussed because of that, or he proved that I am scum by the lack of the bus.

Again, I’m also sold on his scumminess. If its not him, then its just a weird scum play when they could have ended the game already. The only rational reason I have for Jabba not being scum would be that scum simply lost track of time and didn’t get a kill in.

For me, this proves Jabba's scumminess as, after 5 hours, I'm still not bussed. I'm certain Jabba is scum and will vote back at him.

##vote @The Jabbawookie

Comments above. To summarize, I don’t buy that Jabba throwing shade your way is exculpatory. In truth, I find it more damaging, although in fairness its because thats what I would do.

Lord Preyer (L-3)

The Jabbawookie (L-2) (Caldias)

Madaghmire (L-3)

About 6 hours remaining. Could it be that there is a clue that has been missed which may help explain this day's unusual circumstances ?

1 hour ago, Madaghmire said:

There is no logic that disproves me as a scum player because as VT I don’t have a role power that would allow me to list night actions in a way that was either provable or probable. I can only ask players examine my game and ask that I be Read accordingly!

I maintain that the simplest argument is usually the most accurate in Mafia. And that is that the Night Kill was Role Blocked. The Mod has said that a Role Blocked attack would not be reported. Ergo @The Jabbawookie seems the most logical call here.

Well, don’t let it be said I didn’t try, guys.

I’m still very eager to learn what exactly happened in observers; if scum did withhold the kill, it should be a good wakeup call for Mads and GNIPs.

Someone put one more vote on me so I can finish the job, it’s silly to pretend anyone else is gonna die and you have no future after that.

1 hour ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Could it be that there is a clue that has been missed which may help explain this day's unusual circumstances ?

Teaser.

4 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Someone put one more vote on me so I can finish the job, it’s silly to pretend anyone else is gonna die and you have no future after that.

With a lack of turbo, at least we have confirmed that either you or Cal are mafia. . .

At this point, I feel as if there are no decent arguments against voting you, so:

##vote Jabbawookie

Lord Preyer (L-3)

The Jabbawookie (L-1) (Caldias, GNIP)

Madaghmire (L-3)

1 minute ago, The Jabbawookie said:

No self-voting in this game.

Just now, Bertie Wooster said:

@Madaghmire @Lord Preyer

11 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Is it grounds for a modkill?

I will have to be offline later so I’ll finish this now as indicated and we shall see: ##vote @The Jabbawookie - here’s hoping!

Hammer. Stop posting.

@GhostofNobodyInParticular , @Caldias , and @Lord Preyer order B3-W0 to finish off @The Jabbawookie

with a blaster in the hopes that they've finally caught their man. After that's done, they search his uniform... nothing incriminating or unusual...wait a minute...a picture of the Emporer falls from his pocket as he falls to the ground. Jabbawookie's last few tears fall on the picture. The last Vanilla Town has been killed.

In the confusion, Mafia Goon @Caldias sticks a goober into B3-W0, reprogramming his circuits. 1-shot Strongman @Lord Preyer holds down @Madaghmire and @GhostofNobodyInParticular all by himself. Preyer speaks. "B3-W0, tell us where the base is. You obey the Rebellion now."

Game's over, hope you all had fun!

Scumchat:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dGAEZFdN0iQ9snCzerx-WAi7KIDB4W-BLqSEtVDpUlk/edit?usp=drives dk

Observers:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cT-gwL_la-gxEvMpxOAwWVHqrtLLQCg7RCsKQjGm4sk/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Bertie Wooster

Well shucks. Thanks for the game Bertie! It was fun.

So they just ran out of time?