[Mafia] Starfighter Sabotage

By Bertie Wooster, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

1 hour ago, Madaghmire said:

Target locked. Gonna look over Jabba’s game again to see if he gives any clues as to his partner.

Whom did you protect? You might have been the lucky guesser.

22 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

If you’re telling the truth, we have a bus driver.

I don’t particularly know what else to say. It’s surprising the game isn’t over, but I expect this to cost town the game anyway. Heck, I’d probably vote me under the circumstances.

I trust Mads, and I think I trust LP.

So I’ll ##vote @Caldias , who still appears on my scum team analysis while Mads and LP have dropped off.

Whoa there. Just in case you are wrong, we don't want scum piling in and messing it up.

1 hour ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Whoa there. Just in case you are wrong, we don't want scum piling in and messing it up.

##unvote

Good point.

2 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

I don’t particularly know what else to say. It’s surprising the game isn’t over, but I expect this to cost town the game anyway. Heck, I’d probably vote me under the circumstances.

So I’ll ##vote @Caldias , who still appears on my scum team analysis while Mads and LP have dropped off.

Good point. I missed that Mafia Bus driver was a possible role. So we might not have learned as much as I thought.

@Bertie Wooster , if scum tries to kill someone and a babysitter protects them, would they receive notice that an attempt on their life was made?

@Caldias

If babysitter protected someone who scum tried to kill, I would report it at the day start post. Because presumably the babysitter would notify B3-W0 of suspicious activity.

If roleblocker prevented scum (either the scum they targeted, or a switched target via bus driver) from killing, I wouldn't report it.

The only helpful information in the day start post is

1. 24 hours passed

2. No kill happened.

B3-W0's dance is just flavor.

Good morning all! I am trying to make sense of the lack of Night Kill and the Role blocker, babysitter, bus driver scenarios. I freely admit this is not my strong suit when it comes to Mafia so please bear with me.

On 9/6/2019 at 8:00 PM, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

So, assuming all claims heretofore are truthful, town has 5 vanillas, a babysitter and a roleblocker. What would scum have?

Telling that there was no Town Bus Drover claim.

On 9/6/2019 at 8:12 PM, Caldias said:

I will cast my vote in 15 or so minutes, looks like for LTD. Don't want to miss the deadline again but want to give some time in case LTD magically shows up with anything of use

If we were at LyLo and Cal was Scum why would he not just have hammered and won?

10 hours ago, Madaghmire said:

Target locked. Gonna look over Jabba’s game again to see if he gives any clues as to his partner.

This is quite Town. He declares his target, goes hunting for more info but doesn’t vote straight away. Important given LyLo.

9 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

1 hour ago, Bertie Wooster said:

@Caldias

If babysitter protected someone who scum tried to kill, I would report it at the day start post. Because presumably the babysitter would notify B3-W0 of suspicious activity.

If roleblocker prevented scum (either the scum they targeted, or a switched target via bus driver) from killing, I wouldn't report it.

The only helpful information in the day start post is

1. 24 hours passed

2. No kill happened.

B3-W0's dance is just flavor.

So I think this means that the only two viable possibilities are a bus drive or a roleblock - is that right?

@Bertie Wooster would you have declared a bus drive? (I’m guessing not given your role blocker non-report position)

9 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

9 hours ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

I thought the vote given LyLo risk was quick. I find the GNIP warning Townish.

4 minutes ago, Lord Preyer said:

So I think this means that the only two viable possibilities are a bus drive or a roleblock - is that right?

@Bertie Wooster would you have declared a bus drive? (I’m guessing not given your role blocker non-report position)

Those are not the only possibilities.

I would not declare a bus drive.

Also: thanks for the reply Mod

On 8/29/2019 at 4:00 PM, Bertie Wooster said:

This is a semi-open game. Possible roles:

Welcome, [Player], you are a Mafia Goon. Your partner is [Player Name]. You or your partner may kill one player each night phase with the #kill function. You win if at least one mafia member is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Mafia X-Shot Strongman. Your partner is [Player Name]. Once per game (during the night phase), you may #obliterate another player with the #obliterate function. This kill overrides protection from doctor, babysitter, jailkeeper, etc. You or your partner may #kill one player each night phase with the #kill function. You win if at least one mafia member is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Welcome, [Player], you are a Mafia Roleblocker . Each night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player's active abilities will be blocked that night. You win if at least one mafia member is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Welcome, [Player], you are a Mafia Bus Driver. Each night, you may choose to switch two players each night. Any night action performed on a switched player will affect the other player targeted by the Bus Driver. You win if at least one mafia member is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Welcome, [Player], you are a Vanilla Town . You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Welcome, [Player], you are a Town Roleblocker . Each night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player's active abilities will be blocked that night. You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Welcome, [Player], you are a Town Bus Driver. Each night, you may choose to switch two players each night. Any night action performed on a switched player will affect the other player targeted by the Bus Driver. You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Welcome, [Player], you are a Town Babysitter . Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to #babysit them. They will be protected from a single kill. However, if you are killed, your target will die with you. You cannot self-protect. You cannot target the same player two nights in a row. You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Welcome, [Player], you are a Town Tracker . Each night, you may investigate one player in the game and you will discover which player they targeted (if any). You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Welcome, [Player], you are a Town Doctor . Each night phase, you may attempt to protect one player in the game from being nightkilled. You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Welcome, [Player], you are a Town Jailkeeper . Each night, you may jailkeep a player in the game by sending a PM to the mod. You will simultaneously roleblock that player, and protect that player from any number of nightkills. You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

In light of @Bertie Wooster replies here are the Role options again.

The bus driver thing strikes me as chicanery. If a mafia busdriver was out there, why would he divert the roleblocker onto the player making the kill? The game could very well have been over today.

12 minutes ago, Madaghmire said:

The bus driver thing strikes me as chicanery. If a mafia busdriver was out there, why would he divert the roleblocker onto the player making the kill? The game could very well have been over today.

Yes. The most straightforward explanation seems to be Roleblock of kill.

Or, the mafia didn't perform a kill, so as to spread confusion.

5 hours ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Or, the mafia didn't perform a kill, so as to spread confusion.

That may, in fact, be true.

Because we know the babysitter didn’t stop the kill.

And a scum bus driver wouldn’t have diverted the roleblock onto themself, as Mads said. They could have switched me with someone else through sheer bad luck.

A town bus driver could have diverted the block to scum, but we don’t have one, because that was the point of claiming.

Which as far as I can see means either scum didn’t make a kill, or I am scum. Which I am not.

So: scum doesn’t make the kill.

It’s then probably Preyer and Caldias, as the only other two vanillas in the game. I highly doubt we have fakeclaims with just two power roles. The night ended at 11PM London time and 6PM on the east coast. Both described being busy. Is it possible they just screwed up? I’ve had that happen before...

Well, I am almost positive that 2 of you 3 are scum. So, lynching any of you gives us pretty good odds. I am inclined to lynch you in the order of Jabba, Cal, and LP, due to the roleblock result. Still, we know scum didn't jump on the Cal vote, so. . .

1 hour ago, The Jabbawookie said:

That may, in fact, be true.

Because we know the babysitter didn’t stop the kill.

And a scum bus driver wouldn’t have diverted the roleblock onto themself, as Mads said. They could have switched me with someone else through sheer bad luck.

A town bus driver could have diverted the block to scum, but we don’t have one, because that was the point of claiming.

Which as far as I can see means either scum didn’t make a kill, or I am scum. Which I am not.

So: scum doesn’t make the kill.

It’s then probably Preyer and Caldias, as the only other two vanillas in the game. I highly doubt we have fakeclaims with just two power roles. The night ended at 11PM London time and 6PM on the east coast. Both described being busy. Is it possible they just screwed up? I’ve had that happen before...

Good effort.

43 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Well, I am almost positive that 2 of you 3 are scum. So, lynching any of you gives us pretty good odds. I am inclined to lynch you in the order of Jabba, Cal, and LP, due to the roleblock result. Still, we know scum didn't jump on the Cal vote, so. . .

Is agree with this. But I will refrain from voting until players who are not under suspicion as I am have reached a decision.

30 minutes ago, Madaghmire said:

Good effort.

It saddens me that your suspicion is based on perfectly well-founded, even d*mning, evidence while being completely wrong.

Is there anything you’d like to ask me, should the role composition be favorable and you guys miraculously survive another night?

There are no votes. Everyone is at L-3.

"24 hours remain," says B3-W0. "Please pay attention to the time. It's quite important."

1 hour ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

I think that's a fair assessment. I'm leaning Jabba, then LP just due to process of elimination. Mads and Ghost having two unchallenged claims means they are likely being honest, unless this is a wacky game without power roles. None of the others killed had power roles as I recall. However, the way Bertie said things about how it wasn't necessarily lylo made me think power roles exist, and the no kill last night really backs up Ghost's claim.

I did find it surprising that I wasn't bussed being at L2 with probably 2 scum players. Unless, of course, Jabba is scum, then he'd still need a town vote to bus me. With that in mind, Jabba or LP seems the safest votes from my view, with Jabba seeming more likely just due to how events unfolded, and how Mads picked apart the argument of a busdriver. Happy to wait for a consensus before voting just in case there's some possibility Jabba is being truthful.

The more I think about it, the less I think it likely that scum would skip the night kill.

If they had killed a townie, the surviving 2 town members would not have been able to lynch scum, and so they could ensure stalemates during the day and kills at night. Now, we might lynch a scum. Why would they jeprodize their chance at victory?

Therefore I intend to vote Jabba. If anybody (other than Jabba, obviously) objects, please let me know. I intend to block Caldias tonight, so if there is a death, at least we'll know that he didn't perform the kill.

The scary thought occurs to me that I am indeed the only power role. . . obviously that would mean that Mad is lying, but should I die tonight and Jabba be town, we know that Cal didn't do it and there are still 2 scum. This of course is useless info at the time it would be made known, but I felt I ought to mention it. . .

Let's go through what happens if (probably when) you kill me and I flip vanilla town.

We're reduced to 4 players.

If Mads is a babysitter and gets the protect right, Caldias and Preyer look like scum, but it's still 2v2.

If GNIPs is a roleblocker and gets the block, Caldias and Preyer look like scum, but it's still 2v2.

If Mads covers scum and they kill him, it's still 1v1.

The only way scum doesn't win is if there's a town busdriver. Which there almost certainly isn't.

@Bertie Wooster would a roleblock prevent a standard scum kill, or is that considered a collective thing that would go through the block? And I assume a strongman is an individual action that does get blocked?