Speculation: Marvel universe in products page

By garmogoth, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

Do you think that Marvel being listed as one of the universes on FFG's products page despite having only one game (which would normally mean it would be listed among "Other games", such as Fallout, Twilight Imperium, etc.) means that we can expect more games with this theme in near future? Man, I'd love a Marvel game in the vein of Descent (campaign style), Doom (scenario style) or MoM (puzzly nature). Even a smaller non-lcg card game (or even Elder Sign style dice game) would be fun!

would be nice BUT the reason its not in other games is cuz there will be other packs (hero and villain)

53 minutes ago, CrimsonEnvec said:

would be nice BUT the reason its not in other games is cuz there will be other packs (hero and villain)

Yeah, but those packs will be listed under this game, the same way as Fallout expansion is listed under Fallout or Star Wars: Legion has one page for both core sets and al the unit expansions.

Marvel Miniatures (Crisis Protocol) has nothing to do with FFG. The company who make it is also owned by Asmodee, so they let then share the stage at GenCon for marketing reasons.

To OP's question, I think it's likely, but also, I think they may just really want to push their new LCG.

Edited by CitizenKeen
Clinic Incursion <> Crisis Protocol
6 minutes ago, CitizenKeen said:

Marvel Miniatures (Clinic Incursion) has nothing to do with FFG. The company who make it is also owned by Asmodee, so they let then share the stage at GenCon for marketing reasons.

To OP's question, I think it's likely, but also, I think they may just really want to push their new LCG.

Aah good to know.
Thanks for the info!

Hmm a shame it's not via FFG. Makes it more easy to obtain locally usually.
I'm on the fence whether to go for the card game or the minis.

7 hours ago, garmogoth said:

Do you think that Marvel being listed as one of the universes on FFG's products page despite having only one game (which would normally mean it would be listed among "Other games", such as Fallout, Twilight Imperium, etc.) means that we can expect more games with this theme in near future? Man, I'd love a Marvel game in the vein of Descent (campaign style), Doom (scenario style) or MoM (puzzly nature). Even a smaller non-lcg card game (or even Elder Sign style dice game) would be fun!

Don't do that. Don't give me hope.

Maybe - but they have to put the product page somewhere right? So it makes sense to be in the Marvel section. KeyForge is the only game in the KeyForge section too.

Of course we don’t know the nature of the licence either. Maybe they only have it for this specific product? Since that other company is doing the minis and does Upper deck (or whoever they are) still do VS and Legendary?

14 minutes ago, jonboyjon1990 said:

Maybe - but they have to put the product page somewhere right? So it makes sense to be in the Marvel section. KeyForge is the only game in the KeyForge section too.

Of course we don’t know the nature of the licence either. Maybe they only have it for this specific product? Since that other company is doing the minis and does Upper deck (or whoever they are) still do VS and Legendary?

True although 2 companies will be doing miniature games.
Heroclix and the new skirmish game.
Will depend on what deal was made.

I'm curious to the extent of the 'deal'. As Citizenkeen indicated the other company is of the Asmodee group perhaps other groupmembers got parts of the negociated IP. Or perhaps FFG will get to do more.
There has been a demand for a newMarvel RPG for years now which would be a good fit for FFG as well.
But given how expensive the Marvel license probably is... we'll just have to be patient.
If it was a rather openended license they'll probably churn out a lot quickly like with Star Wars.
If it was more limited they'll probably be far more deliberate and careful.

Well we know FFG is good at doing card games, board games and RPGs. I would actually be pretty excited to see FFG take on the superhero genre with an official Marvel RPG line.

16 hours ago, jonboyjon1990 said:

Ah, I didnť realize it was the same with KeyForge. But I'm still hoing for a FFG Marvel board game. 😁

1 hour ago, garmogoth said:

Ah, I didnť realize it was the same with KeyForge. But I'm still hoing for a FFG Marvel board game. 😁

Keep hoping: they just announced another KeyForge product (Genesys RPG).

So, what would be everyone's dream Marvel boardgame? 😀 As I said, I'd love to see something Descent-y (without the need of buing all the character packs)-

4 minutes ago, garmogoth said:

So, what would be everyone's dream Marvel boardgame? 😀 As I said, I'd love to see something Descent-y (without the need of buing all the character packs)-

I'm living it. I've been saying for years "I'd like a co-op LCG that had a more fun theme. Like Marvel or Star Wars or something." Champions is everything I could have asked for.

But that's not a fun answer to the question.

I'd love a mash-up of Sentinels of the Multiverse and Arkham Horror / Eldritch Horror. Heroes with precon decks flying around the city fighting minions until they can thwart the big bad.

2 minutes ago, CitizenKeen said:

I'm living it. I've been saying for years "I'd like a co-op LCG that had a more fun theme. Like Marvel or Star Wars or something." Champions is everything I could have asked for.

I'd love a mash-up of Sentinels of the Multiverse and Arkham Horror / Eldritch Horror. Heroes with precon decks flying around the city fighting minions until they can thwart the big bad.

I've never played Sentinels of the Multiverse, but Eldritch like game sounds fun! Perhaps with players not being in the role of superheroes, but rather SHIELD agents, fighting the villains and goons from behind the scenes?

Just now, garmogoth said:

I've never played Sentinels of the Multiverse, but Eldritch like game sounds fun! Perhaps with players not being in the role of superheroes, but rather SHIELD agents, fighting the villains and goons from behind the scenes?

Sure, I'd play that.

But I think you could do super heroes, too.

SotMV is a game of superheroes with predefined decks. So you say "I'm playing Unity" and boom, you have a deck and you play.

So less AH/EH where you're building a collection of items, and more powers.

1 hour ago, CitizenKeen said:

Not sure on SotM, haven't played it.

But I would definitely love an Arkham Horror esque game set in New York.

Have an overarching villain, as well as smaller scale villains running about the map.

I dont know about decks, butI kind of like AH3's way of doing unique builds. Give them unique stats and abilities, then a selection of various power cards and they use some for that game.

19 hours ago, Radix2309 said:

Not sure on SotM, haven't played it.

But I would definitely love an Arkham Horror esque game set in New York.

Have an overarching villain, as well as smaller scale villains running about the map.

I dont know about decks, butI kind of like AH3's way of doing unique builds. Give them unique stats and abilities, then a selection of various power cards and they use some for that game.

That definitely sounds like something I would instabuy :D

On 8/7/2019 at 4:11 PM, CitizenKeen said:

Sure, I'd play that.

But I think you could do super heroes, too.

SotMV is a game of superheroes with predefined decks. So you say "I'm playing Unity" and boom, you have a deck and you play.

So less AH/EH where you're building a collection of items, and more powers.

Or you could be a leader-type Hero, like Captain Marvel or Captain America, not collecting items or powers, but heroes for your Avengers team (Secret, Amazing, etc.) in order to fight specific threats

Customisation can come from using alternates of a hero, like the various Spider-Men or Captain America in his Steve Rogers persona

In the AMA, Andrew Navarro revealed there will be more Marvel games coming. 😁 Whether it will be board games depends on the definition of a board game 😀

1 hour ago, garmogoth said:

In the AMA, Andrew Navarro revealed there will be more Marvel games coming. 😁 Whether it will be board games depends on the definition of a board game 😀

That being said, I'd love them to do a game similiar to SW: Rebellion, War of the Ring, or more precisely, The Battle of the Five Armies, only recreating the final battle from Avengers: Infinity War or Endgame (or both?).

On 8/5/2019 at 8:13 AM, CitizenKeen said:

Marvel Miniatures (Crisis Protocol) has nothing to do with FFG. The company who make it is also owned by Asmodee, so they let then share the stage at GenCon for marketing reasons.

They were also demoing them side by side at the NOVAOpen. (And giving away full art promos of all the Champions core set heroes!)

A Battlestar Galactica style game covering the Skrull Secret Invasion

Who do you trust?

1215E0F9-814C-46DB-8D56-97FDC8977BFC.jpeg

2 hours ago, cheapmate said:

A Battlestar Galactica style game covering the Skrull Secret Invasion

Who do you trust?

1215E0F9-814C-46DB-8D56-97FDC8977BFC.jpeg

That would be sick.

Marvel was never going to be in the ‘other games’ category because Marvel is simply to big of an IP to casually sideline. Even if they did nothing else besides the card game Marvel will have a big upfront part of the product page as long as FFG has usage rights.