Disney & Disney +

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in X-Wing Off-Topic

Not available in Canada.. so.. need to hire a smuggler?

1 hour ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

This is why I'm mostly hating on the whole Streaming situation.

But not Star Wars Resistance... It seems they are keeping Disney + and Disney Now as two distinct things.

No Resistance? I was waiting to watch this on disney+. Lame.

865hv3keo8f31.jpg

I wish going forward they would stop putting anakin and obiwan dueling on ROTS movie covers. Kind of a big spoiler for anyone watching the saga for the first time.

On 8/10/2019 at 12:49 PM, markcsoul said:

I wish going forward they would stop putting anakin and obiwan dueling on ROTS movie covers. Kind of a big spoiler for anyone watching the saga for the first time.

As long as everyone has seen episode IV, isn't that like showing the burning ships for Pearl Harbor?

362501863.887977.jpg?resize=600,494

Edited by Whalers on the moon

Not if you watch them in the proper order. You wouldn't read The Return of the King and then complain that it had spoiled whether Strider was a good guy when first met in Fellowship of the Rings .

I think his point is that you can see the posters without seeing the movie. Nobody puts spoiler tags on the DVD covers.

Formula Money tease

Possible future home of Star Wars productions.

6 hours ago, Forgottenlore said:

I think his point is that you can see the posters without seeing the movie. Nobody puts spoiler tags on the DVD covers.

If someone hadn't seen the movies, would they even know it was Obi-wan and Anakin fighting on there?

19 hours ago, JJ48 said:

Not if you watch them in the proper order. You wouldn't read The Return of the King and then complain that it had spoiled whether Strider was a good guy when first met in Fellowship of the Rings .

I think a more proper analogy would be reading the Hobbit before Fellowship. No one is arguing to start with Return of the Jedi.

Additionally, the LOTR prequel was also written for younger children; without the child murder though from what I can remember.

22 minutes ago, Whalers on the moon said:

I think a more proper analogy would be reading the Hobbit before Fellowship. No one is arguing to start with Return of the Jedi.

Additionally, the LOTR prequel was also written for younger children; without the child murder though from what I can remember.

The LotR prequel is The Silmarillion . The Hobbit was written first, and isn't a prequel (at least in regards to the books).

Another effect I can see of watching the movies in the wrong order is that it would absolutely kill the reveal that Vader is Luke's father in ESB.

Edited by JJ48

11 hours ago, JJ48 said:

If someone hadn't seen the movies, would they even know it was Obi-wan and Anakin fighting on there?

03tisa0756g31.jpg

Better?

I am super hyped about Disney + - Especially with Episodes 1-6 being available on demand. I swear - EVERY version I've physically bought the discs get scratched. I haven't been able to sit down and WATCH the films in years because it's always frustrating when the discs start skipping.

2 hours ago, Crabbok said:

I swear - EVERY version I've physically bought the discs get scratched. I haven't been able to sit down and WATCH the films in years because it's always frustrating when the discs start skipping.

Could you give the discs new life on some Coruscant cityscape or ‘mirror world’ diorama table?

I look forward to showing my son all the movies in chronological order in a few years when he's old enough.

On 7/29/2019 at 5:41 PM, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Could you get a VPN? With one of those you could just appear to be in the US or any other place where the service would be available. If you can only get a VPN for your phone and you have a recent enough television you can stream stuff from your phone straight to your TV.

10 hours ago, Hippie Moosen said:

Could you get a VPN? With one of those you could just appear to be in the US or any other place where the service would be available. If you can only get a VPN for your phone and you have a recent enough television you can stream stuff from your phone straight to your TV.

While I could do that, it is ridiculous that I should have to.

The good news is that it has been announced that it will be launching in Canada at the same time.

Also, that it will be on x-box and ps4.

4uaz199so9i31.jpg

Film Section

z1fk6z5wkai31.jpg