PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Just now, Bellona said:

What do people think - is the GAR garrison compound big enough that Mireska could get three direction readings on Loathsom, thereby triangulating his location?

"General direction" (huh, general direction of general?) isn't specific enough for that. You'd be able to narrow it down, but only marginally. I picture it as an acute angle out in front of Mireska like a flashlight beam, the farther away the target the less specific the direction. If you take a reading from three nearby positions, you still end up with a large area of overlap.

I'm going AFK for a few hours (sudden dinner invitation), but I figure on being back sometime between 22 and 23 CET.

3 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

"General direction" (huh, general direction of general?) isn't specific enough for that. You'd be able to narrow it down, but only marginally. I picture it as an acute angle out in front of Mireska like a flashlight beam, the farther away the target the less specific the direction. If you take a reading from three nearby positions, you still end up with a large area of overlap.

Then I suggest that, when the group departs the garrison (by BARC?), they leave at a right angle (more or less) to the first direction indicated and let Mireska take a second reading once they're far enough away from the garrison. That should narrow down the options a bit more (and possibly confuse any spies/observers).

It might be better to go at a 45-degree angle. That will allow you to have more of an effect without having to go as far, and it'll narrow your "field of view" since it won't bring you farther away from the target.

56 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

It might be better to go at a 45-degree angle. That will allow you to have more of an effect without having to go as far, and it'll narrow your "field of view" since it won't bring you farther away from the target.

Sounds good to me.

Ker'see is going to try and sneak away and go alone with the information.

1 hour ago, MrTInce said:

oh, that sneaky jedi!

3 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Oh dear ... :o

More seriously, do we roll any Stealth vs. Vigilance checks for Ker'see's actions?

5 hours ago, Bellona said:

More seriously, do we roll any Stealth vs. Vigilance checks for Ker'see's actions?

That's what I'm thinking. It would be 3 red 3 purple...

Homer Bushes GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

On 8/29/2020 at 9:39 AM, MrTInce said:

That's what I'm thinking. It would be 3 red 3 purple...

Okay then, let's see what the narrative dice give us ...

Perception (Farsight power enhanced): Where's Ker'see? : 3eA+4eF+3eC+3eD 1 failure, 3 threat, 4 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
a-a.png a-s.png a-a.png f-ls-ls.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds.png c-f-th.png c-f-th.png c-th-th.png d--.png d--.png d-th.png

Final Result (using 4 LS pips for 2 Successes and 2 Advantages) : 1 Success, 1 Threat.

So ... Ker'see's withdrawal is noticed, but ... +1 Strain to Mireska (stress of seeing the group unity being broken by lone wolf tactics?) or Ker'see has already gained some sort of distance advantage with regard to how the group is placed around the holo-table? Or does anyone have a better idea for that 1 Threat?

Note: I'll be AFK for the next several hours (RL tabletop game session/dinner), and probably won't be back before sometime between 23:30 and 00:30 C.E.T.

ETA: I'll go with +1 Strain to Mireska for that 1 Threat. That leaves her at 1/18 Strain.

Edited by Bellona
Decision on 1 Threat result.

As Mireska had to use the force to notice the leave I would say the threat can be a strain from the force sending her an unexpected message.

23 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@EliasWindrider , can Camouflage make a Knowledge (Warfare) check, maybe with assistance, to predict where Whorm Loathsome will be during the attack?

No

1 minute ago, EliasWindrider said:

No

I mean like if he'll be with the attack on the frontline or if he'll be back at base.

15 hours ago, Bellona said:

If you want to.

2 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I mean like if he'll be with the attack on the frontline or if he'll be back at base.

Yes you can guess that it's probably an undetermined one of those verses some other sneaky random location

@EliasWindrider What Sniper Rifles are available to request?

@MrTInce

Do you want clone trooper or Jedi back-up for Ker'see's jaunt?

(They don't have to be right with Ker'see, but just close enough to her so that if someone tries to jump her then there's help available.)

Edited by Bellona
1 hour ago, Bellona said:

@MrTInce

Do you want clone trooper or Jedi back-up for Ker'see's jaunt?

(They don't have to be right with Ker'see, but just close enough to her so that if someone tries to jump her then there's help available.)

Honestly I think she'd go with neither. She is thinking that being alone will give her a better chance.

If Mireska wants to try and stop her...

3 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

Honestly I think she'd go with neither. She is thinking that being alone will give her a better chance.

If Mireska wants to try and stop her...

As a player, I have no specific opinion about Ker'see's proposed solo outing. (Mireska, on the other hand, would be very worried. :) )

If Ker'see goes to stealth-snipe Loathsom, then the rest of the party can concentrate on sabotaging the CIS' "big guns" (and maybe their ammo dump and armoury?).

On the meta-game level, Ker'see going on a solo jaunt might make it easier for our GM to place Jorin and Mireska in a situation where they lose their lightsabres. Ker'see could even be an ace in the hand for getting Jorin and Mireska out of that situation.

@EliasWindrider

Camouflage thinks it's a dumb idea, typical of Jedi, but he probably isn't going to say that outright. :D

He is also concerned about the tactical usefulness, as he wants Loathsome taken out when it will create the most opportunity for the Republic. There is also the issue of a Jedi without support trying to do anything behind Separatist lines or even just in no-man's land. They use sniper teams for a reason.

2 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Camouflage thinks it's a dumb idea, typical of Jedi, but he probably isn't going to say that outright. :D

He is also concerned about the tactical usefulness, as he wants Loathsome taken out when it will create the most opportunity for the Republic. There is also the issue of a Jedi without support trying to do anything behind Separatist lines or even just in no-man's land. They use sniper teams for a reason.

Would you suggest that Ker'see take a CT team for back-up?

Just now, Bellona said:

Would you suggest that Ker'see take a CT team for back-up?

Camouflage would, yes.

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Camouflage would, yes.

Then I'll post something IC to open up that possibility.

... Cue Mireska's worry! :D

10 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Then I'll post something IC to open up that possibility.

... Cue Mireska's worry! :D

Do it, loving this.