PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

11 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I'm gonna go ahead and roll it, still assisted by Chee'Okee: Knock knock... : 3eP+1eA+2eB+2eD 1 success, 4 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-a.png p-a-a.png p-tr.png a-s-a.png b-s.png b--.png d-f-f.png d--.png

That's better. What can I do with the Advantage and Triumph?

Boost your initiative check

Just now, EliasWindrider said:

Boost your initiative check

By how much? Can I use the Triumph to give a Boost to everyone's initiative?

16 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

By how much? Can I use the Triumph to give a Boost to everyone's initiative?

Standard pricing, triumph is worth an upgrade for 1 person, 2 advantage to give a specific person a boost.

13 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Standard pricing, triumph is worth an upgrade for 1 person, 2 advantage to give a specific person a boost.

Okay, then I'll Boost the AT-TE gunners and give them an upgrade, then pass a Boost to Ker'see.

3 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Okay, then I'll Boost the AT-TE gunners and give them an upgrade, then pass a Boost to Ker'see.

Thank you.

Initiative : 4eA 3 successes, 2 advantage
a-s.png a-a.png a-s-s.png a-a.png

Initiative (Cool) : 1eP+2eA 1 success, 4 advantage
p-s-a.png a-a-a.png a-a.png

Edited by SuperWookie

Initiative (Cool) : 2eP+1eA 2 successes
p-s.png p--.png a-s.png

Wow that's bad.

Varactyl Squad: Initiative : 2eP+1eA 1 success, 3 advantage
p-a.png p-s.png a-a-a.png

AT-TE Gunners: Initiative : 1eP+1eB 1 success, 3 advantage
p-a-a.png b-s-a.png

Sergeant Poe: Initiative : 2eA 2 successes, 2 advantage
a-s-a.png a-s-a.png

Sergeant Raven: Initiative : 2eA 0 successes, 1 advantage
a-a.png a--.png

CMG(6): Initiative : 1eA 1 success
a-s.png

CMG(6): Initiative : 1eA 0 successes, 1 advantage
a-a.png

Droideka: Initiative : 1eA 0 successes, 1 advantage
a-a.png

Droideka: Initiative : 1eA 0 successes, 1 advantage
a-a.png

B1(6): Initiative : 1eA 1 success, 1 advantage
a-s-a.png

B1(6): Initiative : 1eA 2 successes
a-s-s.png

B1(6): Initiative : 1eA 0 successes, 2 advantage
a-a-a.png

Current initiative order:

1. Chee'Okee 3s2a
  2. Sergeant Poe 2s2a
  3. Camouflage 2s
  4. B1a(6) 2s
  5. Varactyl Squad(4) 1s3a
  6. AT-TE Gunners 1s3a
  7. B1b(6) 1s1a
  8. CMG1(6) 1s
  9. B1c(6) 2a
  10. Sergeant Raven 1a
  11. CMG2(6) 1a
  12. Droideka-1
  13. Droideka-2

@EliasWindrider , my understanding is that the droids are at Medium range, correct? We're out of the line of fire, stacked up behind the walls on either side of the door. That means that we'll have to take a Maneuver to move in order to fire, correct?

Still waiting on @RuusMarev /Jorin, @MrTInce /Ker'see, and @Bellona /Mireska.

I edited my post to include a second check using Cool instead of Vigilance. I should have asked first before rolling. Since there is a measure of uncertainty being right next to a door suddenly opening, would Vigilance be appropriate though?

4 minutes ago, SuperWookie said:

I edited my post to include a second check using Cool instead of Vigilance. I should have asked first before rolling. Since there is a measure of uncertainty being right next to a door suddenly opening, would Vigilance be appropriate though?

If I was the GM, I'd rule it as Cool. You're sitting there spoiling for a fight, and you're the side "dropping the barrier" so to speak.

Mireska's Initiative ...

Teth monastery gates Initiative: Vigilance w. Foresee power : 4eA+4eF 1 success, 4 advantage, 4 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
a-s-a.png a-a.png a-a.png a-a.png f-ls-ls.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds-ds.png f-ds.png

Final Results (using 4 LS pips for 4 Successes) : 5 Successes, 4 Advantages.

Unless common sense/circumstances dictate otherwise, Mireska's action will be to use the Forewarning action (from the Master tree*). This talent adds her FR value to both the Ranged Defence and Melee Defence values of all allies within Medium range who have not yet acted in the combat, and lasts until they take their first turn in the combat. Her FR is currently 4, so that will max out everyone's Defences (if they're not already maxed out at 4).

* Also found in the Seer and Warleader trees.

Edited by Bellona
17 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Unless common sense/circumstances dictate otherwise, Mireska's action will be to use the Forewarning action (from the Master tree*). This talent adds her FR value to both the Ranged Defence and Melee Defence values of all allies within Medium range who have not yet acted in the combat, and lasts until they take their first turn in the combat. Her FR is currently 4, so that will max out everyone's Defences (if they're not already maxed out at 4).

I would not recommend that, as it'll only apply to very few characters even if they end up being targeted by the droids.

I'm going to assume Ker'see is towards the top of the order, in which case 8 of the first 9 slots are allies. That group of B1s is unlikely to get a turn. Then the only characters who might still use that bonus are two groups of clones and a sergeant. Most likely, the B1s will get one attack or less.

That leaves two droidekas, but they both go at the bottom of the order which means none of their targets would receive the bonus.

Most likely, it will not actually provide a used benefit to any allied character.

So vigilance check:

Vigilance Check : 1eP+1eA+2eB+3eF 2 successes, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph, 4 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
p-tr.png a-a-a.png b--.png b-s.png f-ls-ls.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png

Will convert 4 lightside to success boosting it up to 6 success.

Think that puts me first. Are all the droids at medium?

On 11/23/2020 at 5:02 PM, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

*Krayt dragon

:D

That's when Ventress shows up.

:D

Initiative order:

1. Ker'see 6s2a1T
  2. Mireska 5s4a
  3. Chee'Okee 3s2a
  4. Sergeant Poe 2s2a
  5. Camouflage 2s
  6. B1a(6) 2s
  7. Varactyl Squad(4) 1s3a
  8. AT-TE Gunners 1s3a
  9. Jorin 1s2a
  10. B1b(6) 1s1a
  11. CMG1(6) 1s
  12. B1c(6) 2a
  13. Sergeant Raven 1a
  14. CMG2(6) 1a
  15. Droideka-1 1a
  16. Droideka-2 1a

(Mireska, Ker'see, and Chee'Okee rolled Vigilance instead of Cool, in case anything needs to be amended)

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I would not recommend that, as it'll only apply to very few characters even if they end up being targeted by the droids.

Okay, then she'll do something else, like bringing a droideka closer in order to apply a lightsabre to it - with extreme prejudice. :)

Edited by Bellona
Wording.

Now that we have the Initiative order sorted out, does anyone want to narrate the opening of the doors?

1 hour ago, Bellona said:

Now that we have the Initiative order sorted out, does anyone want to narrate the opening of the doors?

I'd do it, but I'm short of time today. I may be able to get to it tonight (~10:00 EST), but no guarantees.

5 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I'd do it, but I'm short of time today. I may be able to get to it tonight (~10:00 EST), but no guarantees.

Okay, then I guess that @MrTInce and I will be doing Ker'see's and Mireska's actions tomorrow morning (GMT/CET) then. :)

1 minute ago, Bellona said:

Okay, then I guess that @MrTInce and I will be doing Ker'see's and Mireska's actions tomorrow morning (GMT/CET) then. :)

Unless someone else wants to handle the narration before then.

I'd do it, but Chee'Okee isn't going to stick her head in front of all of the blaster fire; in order to see anything. Someone with a full view of the ongoings should narrate (in my opinion).

EDIT: Only because that's the plan. I thought of running past all of the droids with Force speed, but remembered that we were trying to blast some droids first.

Edited by SuperWookie
Just now, SuperWookie said:

I'd do it, but Chee'Okee isn't going to stick her head in front of all of the blaster fire; in order to see anything. Someone with a full view of the ongoings should narrate (in my opinion).

You can narrate without Chee'Okee actually seeing anything yet. Think about it like a movie rather than a first-person game. The camera is focused in on Camo and Shrieky, then it cuts to a view as the doors open, then cuts to the clones readying to fire, then back to the entry as the droids are revealed and the combat starts.

Thinking about movies is how I derailed the thread talking about LAATs lol

I am thinking I want to try zooming to the back of the droids on my turn. Can I take the 2 strain for an extra action to Force speed twice? I was wanting to use Sense to increase difficulty against me, and then run past all of the droids. If I can turn at least half of them around, it would split fire and allow the clones to overtake the droids in front more easily.

EDIT: Well, I guess I am talking about the Force leap... I could have sworn that Enhance lets you move between range bands by running as well. Could it be just a fluff thing?

Edited by SuperWookie

Okay with the doors open Ker'see will shoot at B1a. Will take the True Aim Maneuver and then shoot.

Shooting droids with the Bow. : 5eP+1eA+2eB+3eF+2eD 5 successes, 4 advantage, 4 Light Side
p-s-s.png p-a.png p-a-a.png p-s.png p-s-s.png a-a.png b--.png b-a.png f-ls-ls.png f-ls.png f-ls.png d--.png d-th.png

So that's 12 base damage, adding 5 success and converting the lightside into successes that'll be 22 damage with pierce 4, which negates their soak and will kill 4 off the bat with 2 left over onto the next one.

So advantages 4 with the bonus from superior makes it 5. Will spend 2 to trigger a crit to kill one more droid. The last three will spend three to give Ker'see +1 ranged defense.

If there's no issue I will narrate this in a bit.

Edited by MrTInce