PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

38 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

He's referring to clone gear, but sealable armor should be enough, I'd guess.

Try jedi commander armor with a helmet.

2 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

Body glove and Helmet should be good with his recon armor I would think..

@EliasWindrider ?

Sure. If you watch rebels a helmet by itself protects you from atmosphere (must have magnetic atmosphere seals standard)

3 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Try jedi commander armor with a helmet.

1 minute ago, EliasWindrider said:

Sure. If you watch rebels a helmet by itself protects you from atmosphere (must have magnetic atmosphere seals standard)

Ok.. well He has Jedi Recon Armor now, will he need to upgrade to Commander Armor?

44 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

Ok.. well He has Jedi Recon Armor now, will he need to upgrade to Commander Armor?

Recon is fine

@RuusMarev , three minion groups, not squads. 19 (counting the sergeant) is slightly over two squads.

So, do Mireska and Ker'see join in (using the anti-grav chutes)?

If "yes", then I recommend that the Duchess stay on board the ship. I don't think that she'd like the HALO drop. (Howling all the way down!) :D

... Now I'm suddenly imagining some confused B1 droids standing watch somewhere ...

"What's that sound?"

"It sounds like ... howling?"

"From the sky?!?"

(And then the Duchess falls on top of both of them, crushing them.)

:)

17 minutes ago, Bellona said:

If "yes", then I recommend that the Duchess stay on board the ship. I don't think that she'd like the HALO drop. (Howling all the way down!) :D

... Now I'm suddenly imagining some confused B1 droids standing watch somewhere ...

"What's that sound?"

"From the sky?!?"

Unless they are with the reinforcements. It's only a couple round difference, and I figured that this was more Camo and Jorin's area of expertise.

55 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Unless they are with the reinforcements. It's only a couple round difference, and I figured that this was more Camo and Jorin's area of expertise.

I think that Mireska would be worried enough about Jorin's safety (despite his competence ... it's a master thing!) that she'd want to join the drop group, using an anti-grav chute.

@RuusMarev :

Jorin's 13 years old (more or less). I know that he's got roughly the same amount of XP as everyone else in the group, but he's probably stuck as a narrative padawan until he hits 18 at the earliest. So when possible, Mireska will be prone to mother henning him until then. :D

8 minutes ago, Bellona said:

I think that Mireska would be worried enough about Jorin's safety (despite his competence ... it's a master thing!) that she'd want to join the drop group, using an anti-grav chute.

@RuusMarev :

Jorin's 13 years old (more or less). I know that he's got roughly the same amount of XP as everyone else in the group, but he's probably stuck as a narrative padawan until he hits 18 at the earliest. So when possible, Mireska will be prone to mother henning him until then. :D

@RuusMarev how old is Jorin (early stage padawan or late stage padawan)

7 minutes ago, Bellona said:

@RuusMarev :

Mireska could take a jetpack, and we just drop the sergeant from the roster. There might be a couple troopers operating as narrative sergeants, if not mechanically so, since the squads are unlikely to not have sergeants with them. Or we go with two sergeants and fifteen-sixteen trooper minions. That would probably make more sense.

6 hours ago, Bellona said:

"What's that sound?"

"From the sky?!?"

Ker'see could mental bond with The Duchess to keep her calm...

7 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

@RuusMarev how old is Jorin (early stage padawan or late stage padawan)

Jorin is listed as being approximately 13 years old on the SWSheets character sheet.

Maybe 14 would be more appropriate if he's supposed to be similar to Ahsoka?

(Or even 16 - I always thought that it was nuts to take young teenagers into a galaxy-wide war.)

I pictured him as around Ahsoka's age, but we can go a bit older since he had a Master before her..

Ayrou.jpg.0b78dea275e2b939a7a25690274b684d.jpg

Hello everyone. Looks like I was accepted into the game. I am still statting out the character, but I am going to be an Ayrou Jedi Consular: Teacher/Niman to start. Looks basically like the pic, but with the brown Jedi robes.

2 hours ago, SuperWookie said:

Ayrou.jpg.0b78dea275e2b939a7a25690274b684d.jpg

Hello everyone. Looks like I was accepted into the game. I am still statting out the character, but I am going to be an Ayrou Jedi Consular: Teacher/Niman to start. Looks basically like the pic, but with the brown Jedi robes.

Welcome aboard...

@SuperWookie with my blessing chose to used refluffed Mikkian stats

https://star-wars-rpg-ffg.fandom.com/wiki/Mikkian

@SuperWookie let's move your character build discussion to the "misc" thread sorry if I linked to ooc by mistake... I like to reserve ooc for planning of what's about to happen in the in character thread or discussion of what just happened and everything else goes in misc thread.

Anything else before Jorin talks to the Quartermaster (or screen wipe?)

11 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

Anything else before Jorin talks to the Quartermaster (or screen wipe?)

Nothing before the screen wipe to the assault unless there is something the PCs want to do.

Not at my end, although Mireska will be reading the instruction manual on "How to use a jetpack/anti-grav chute to get to where you want without killing or maiming yourself".

So... two jetpacks for Jorin and Mireska, two jetpacks for clone sergeants, and sixteen jetpacks for sixteen clones. Not quite regulation squads, but as good as we're going to get.

I think we're best off having two groups of five and a group of six. The alternative is four groups of four for an even spread, but then they are only rolling three dice.

Armed with DC-15As and EMP Mk. II grenades, and each squad (2) gets a demolition charge.

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

So... two jetpacks for Jorin and Mireska, two jetpacks for clone sergeants, and sixteen jetpacks for sixteen clones. Not quite regulation squads, but as good as we're going to get.

I think we're best off having two groups of five and a group of six. The alternative is four groups of four for an even spread, but then they are only rolling three dice.

Armed with DC-15As and EMP Mk. II grenades, and each squad (2) gets a demolition charge.

Are those numbers in addition to Camo and his four minions?

Just now, Bellona said:

Are those numbers in addition to Camo and his four minions?

Yes.

19 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Correction: Stormtrooper squads are squads of 8 including NCOs. Clone trooper squads are squads of 8 ex cluding sergeants. So those are actually regulation squads.

I guess there is no spare Jetpack for Ker'see...

She'll be fine with the Grav Chute...

14 hours ago, MrTInce said:

I guess there is no spare Jetpack for Ker'see...

She'll be fine with the Grav Chute...

I thought that she was coming in on the LAAT/i (a.k.a. Lartie?) with Duchess a few rounds later?