PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

4 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Alright, any particular requests/refusals for an envoy to take the shuttle down to the surface?

@EliasWindrider

My earlier suggestion was Bail Organa, but do you have any requests or refusals as to the identity of the envoy?

19 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@EliasWindrider

My earlier suggestion was Bail Organa, but do you have any requests or refusals as to the identity of the envoy?

Not Bail

We probably need a new senator to take on Padmé's rôle (or least parts of it). She's rather busy, fighting the Trade Federation/CIS on Naboo as part of the resistance (and never got to be a senator in the first place).

1 hour ago, Bellona said:

We probably need a new senator to take on Padmé's rôle (or least parts of it). She's rather busy, fighting the Trade Federation/CIS on Naboo as part of the resistance (and never got to be a senator in the first place).

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Riyo_Chuchi

5 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Should I use her then?

Yes.

Alright, this is the interpretation I'm going to be working under, so tell me if I'm wrong:

Riyo Chuchi is going to be filling Ob-Wan's role in negotiating with Jabba the Hutt, so this mission is pretty much "hers" and she's just picking us up to do the dirty work.

This gives her the authority, clearance, and knowledge to give us the mission.

She gets stuck here with the Jedi while Camo and the boys take her shuttle.

Would I have been able to pick up a refill on Stims from the garrison's supplies?

He'd like to pick up 5, if he can.

His tool kit is getting left behind, but unless there are any objections I'd like to posit that the shuttle has a tool kit he can use if/when he needs it.
Consider it a different way to narrate bringing along his gear.

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt
5 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Alright, this is the interpretation I'm going to be working under, so tell me if I'm wrong:

Riyo Chuchi is going to be filling Ob-Wan's role in negotiating with Jabba the Hutt, so this mission is pretty much "hers" and she's just picking us up to do the dirty work.

This gives her the authority, clearance, and knowledge to give us the mission.

She gets stuck here with the Jedi while Camo and the boys take her shuttle.

Correct

3 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Would I have been able to pick up a refill on Stims from the garrison's supplies?

He'd like to pick up 5, if he can.

His tool kit is getting left behind, but unless there are any objections I'd like to posit that the shuttle has a tool kit he can use if/when he needs it.
Consider it a different way to narrate bringing along his gear.

That's fine. For future reference, there is a shishtivan (sp?) Combat utility vibroblade that let's you make mechanics checks with a setback or since you work for jedi you can ask one of them to buy you a jedi utility belt which comes with a whole lot of zero enc gear including a jedi multitool which let's you make mechanics checks without a any penalties or bonuses (you prefer won't be working on lightsabers so no free advantage)

Edited by EliasWindrider
2 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

That's fine. For future reference, there is a shishtivan (sp?) Combat utility vibroblade that let's you make mechanics checks with a setback or since you work for jedi you can ask one of them to buy you a jedi utility belt which comes with a whole lot of zero enc gear including a jedi multitool which let's you make mechanics checks without a any penalties or bonuses (you prefer won't be working on lightsabers so no free advantage)

Shistavanen CUV. I like the added HP (and lower encumbrance) for the standard Vibroknife, so I'll stick with it. What I ought to do is try crafting a Simple Tool, then try for 3 Advantage for Lightweight to reduce it to 1 Encumbrance. May I go ahead and try that now? Fluff it as sorting through the tools in the emergency kit to pick what I really need, then considering how to parse down my own kit later on (reason being he goes "hmm, maybe I should adjust my tool kit so I always have on me what I need."). Then when I "get back" my "original kit" I adjust it accordingly, purchasing a couple pieces to fill it out. It's a pretty round-about narrative explanation, but it's consistent and works.
I really ought to have tried crafting it in the first place.

I'll pass on the utility belt, I always thought it was a bit goofy that it did so much and allowed Mechanics checks without penalty. I'd have restricted it to lightsabers only.

Crafting spam that wasn't expected to be a crafting spam:

Crafting #1: Simple Tool Crafting : 2eP+2eA+1eD 5 successes, 2 advantage

p-s-s.png p-s-s.png a-s-a.png a-a-a.png d-th.png

Hrmph. I'm a victim of my own success.

I forgot about Boosts and other benefits, so I'm adding those in retroactively. You can check the timing stamps if you don't trust me.

2 Advantage for Lessons Learned.

Crafting #2: Simple Tool Crafting : 2eP+2eA+1eD 0 successes, 2 advantage
p-s.png p-s.png a-a.png a-a.png d-f-f.png

Remove the difficulty die and that's 2s2a. Lessons Learned.

Crafting #3: Simple Tool Crafting : 2eP+2eA+1eD 4 successes, 1 threat
p-s-a.png p-s-s.png a-s.png a--.png d-th-th.png

Oh for Pete's sake. Passing on a Boost.

Crafting #4: Simple Tool Crafting : 2eP+2eA+1eD 1 success, 1 Triumph
p--.png p-tr.png a-s.png a-s.png d-f-f.png

forgot a die : 1eB 0 successes
b--.png

Why...

Lessons Learned.

Crafting #5: Simple Tool Crafting : 2eP+2eA+1eD 1 failure, 4 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-a-a.png p-tr.png a-a-a.png a--.png d-f-f.png

Finally! After removing the difficulty die, it's 1s4a1T.

I'll pick up 3x Lightweight and use the Triumph on Safety Features (automatic Advantage). That's 250 credits unless I'm able to scrap attempts for credits back, but I think that's just lightsabers (or else it's a houserule).

Yowzah that took a long time. 2,000+ words.

I've narrated Camo's mission up to ~1.5 hours after he left. The remaining 16.5 hours to Syvris can be skipped, then I'll narrate them on to Teth.

@EliasWindrider , is it all going to be narrative on Teth, or will there be game mechanics involved?

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Crafting spam that wasn't expected to be a crafting spam:

Crafting #1: Simple Tool Crafting : 2eP+2eA+1eD 5 successes, 2 advantage

p-s-s.png p-s-s.png a-s-a.png a-a-a.png d-th.png

Hrmph. I'm a victim of my own success.

I forgot about Boosts and other benefits, so I'm adding those in retroactively. You can check the timing stamps if you don't trust me.

2 Advantage for Lessons Learned.

Crafting #2: Simple Tool Crafting : 2eP+2eA+1eD 0 successes, 2 advantage
p-s.png p-s.png a-a.png a-a.png d-f-f.png

Remove the difficulty die and that's 2s2a. Lessons Learned.

Crafting #3: Simple Tool Crafting : 2eP+2eA+1eD 4 successes, 1 threat
p-s-a.png p-s-s.png a-s.png a--.png d-th-th.png

Oh for Pete's sake. Passing on a Boost.

Crafting #4: Simple Tool Crafting : 2eP+2eA+1eD 1 success, 1 Triumph
p--.png p-tr.png a-s.png a-s.png d-f-f.png

forgot a die : 1eB 0 successes
b--.png

Why...

Lessons Learned.

Crafting #5: Simple Tool Crafting : 2eP+2eA+1eD 1 failure, 4 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-a-a.png p-tr.png a-a-a.png a--.png d-f-f.png

Finally! After removing the difficulty die, it's 1s4a1T.

I'll pick up 3x Lightweight and use the Triumph on Safety Features (automatic Advantage). That's 250 credits unless I'm able to scrap attempts for credits back, but I think that's just lightsabers (or else it's a houserule).

How are you able to remove a difficulty die AFTER having rolled it.

Reforming a hilt is RAW for lightsabers. Nothing else. It's not scrapping them after the fact. And after you reforge a hilt the original hilt is gone. Therefore have 2 hilts going in parallel and only reforge the one that isn't the current best.

1 hour ago, EliasWindrider said:

How are you able to remove a difficulty die AFTER having rolled it.

I explained at the top. I had forgotten that Advantage could be used to help with future rolls. So then I went through and added in the effects of those beenfits, which, inthe case of Lessons Learned, involves reducing the difficulty by 1.

16 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I explained at the top. I had forgotten that Advantage could be used to help with future rolls. So then I went through and added in the effects of those beenfits, which, inthe case of Lessons Learned, involves reducing the difficulty by 1.

Ok.

@EliasWindrider

May the Jedi-players now make some short IC posts about "holding the line"/fighting off the CIS forces until the Republic fleet returns (maybe with another Jedi general and more military forces?), and they can then leave Christophsis?

(Followed by end-of-session Conflict settlement, then the hand-waved completed re-creation of the original lightsabre's qualities/stats en route, plus rolling for the new Destiny Pool and re-setting any x/session frequency abilities.)

4 hours ago, Bellona said:

@EliasWindrider

May the Jedi-players now make some short IC posts about "holding the line"/fighting off the CIS forces until the Republic fleet returns (maybe with another Jedi general and more military forces?), and they can then leave Christophsis?

(Followed by end-of-session Conflict settlement, then the hand-waved completed re-creation of the original lightsabre's qualities/stats en route, plus rolling for the new Destiny Pool and re-setting any x/session frequency abilities.)

Other than "short" yeah, I was hoping for 2 or 3 pages of a soft cover novel worth of words.

Just now, EliasWindrider said:

Other than "short" yeah, I was hoping for 2 or 3 pages of a soft cover novel worth of words.

Was that a jab at me?

I was covering about two encounters' worth of story.

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Was that a jab at me?

I was covering about two encounters' worth of story.

No jab. I was saying "short" is not enough, for the narrative handwave of the final battle.

4 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

No jab. I was saying "short" is not enough, for the narrative handwave of the final battle.

Oh so you weren't being sarcastic. Okay, nevermind then. :D

5 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Errr, that much combat action narrative is not my speciality.

*scratches head*

@MrTInce @RuusMarev :

Maybe the three Jedi could be leading three different prongs of one attack against the CIS forces. That would allow each of us the narrative license to describe some battle scenes in long form without having to wait for an "okay" from the other two Jedi-players.

That could work.. Just need some details and I'll start working... and time , to get a decent idea/story :D

1 minute ago, Bellona said:

Errr, that much combat action narrative is not my speciality.

*scratches head*

@MrTInce @RuusMarev :

Maybe the three Jedi could be leading three different prongs of one attack against the CIS forces. That would allow each of us the narrative license to describe some battle scenes in long form without having to wait for an "okay" from the other two Jedi-players.

Perhaps if Mireska was behind in more of a coordination capacity? Or perhaps she focuses on triage and treating the wounded?

Just now, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Perhaps if Mireska was behind in more of a coordination capacity? Or perhaps she focuses on triage and treating the wounded?

Possible ... And maybe she can help fend off an "atrocity attack" on a medevac staging area - I've got to show off the Peerless Interception somehow! :D

I could write up something but I'm not sure how long it'll be...