PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

8 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Can Mireska use Guardian of the Republic to use Reflect to reduce the damage incoming to Ker'see?

(Just Reflect, not Improved Reflect.)

By RAW no, but I'll allow it.

40 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

By RAW no, but I'll allow it.

Thank you.

Peerless Interception activated OOT for 1 LS destiny point.

Guardian of the Republic activated OOT to intercept the damage Improved Reflected from Ventress back to @MrTInce /Ker'see.

19 damage - 5 (Reflect 3) - 4 (Peerless Interception w. active FR 4) = 10 damage with Pierce 4 and the Scattered Senses average critical to Ker'see.

And Mireska takes 3 Strain, leaving her at 3/17 ST so far.

ETA: Our Destiny Pool is now at 4 LS vs. 5 DS .

Edited by Bellona
Added Destiny Pool update.

Does anyone want/need to take our last PC slot before Ventress gets her chance to go into action? (There are 5 more PC slots after Ventress, plus 3 B2 minion groups and the single B1 pilot.)

Otherwise I'm thinking of having Mireska use Heal on Ker'see.

... But maybe we need to lay a bit more damage/Strain on Ventress first in order to discourage her?

1 hour ago, Bellona said:

... But maybe we need to lay a bit more damage/Strain on Ventress first in order to discourage her?

With Peerless Interception active, we physically cannot inflict more damage/strain on Ventress except with Ker'see, who has by far the largest raw damage output (Linked can come close in gross, but not in net). Only way would be to drop a shuttle on her or something.

And Effortless Counter completely disincentivizes actually targeting her when you already have no chance of doing anything.

The only way to actually do anything targeting Ventress would be through Force powers, and she has ridiculous resistance to everything.

Also, if Ker'see was incapacitated she'd receive a Critical Injury naturally, so Critical Counter would only add +10 to the roll.

At best I could move in there and try an attack using Sense Danger to remove 2 setback/defense dice from Ventress. YYYG + free advantage vs whatever her difficulty is.

Is Ventress holding the Hutt?

Edited by SuperWookie
2 hours ago, SuperWookie said:

At best I could move in there and try an attack using Sense Danger to remove 2 setback/defense dice from Ventress. YYYG + free advantage vs whatever her difficulty is.

Is Ventress holding the Hutt?

Every foe is at Medium range (almost at Short, but not quite)

Ventress is with the B2 droid minion groups. They have cover there; the cover is not relevant to Ventress' Defence values, but it is relevant for the B2 groups. B2 stats can be found on p. 20 of the Misc thread.

The huttlet is already in the starfighter along with the single B1 droid (the pilot) who is preparing the fighter for take-off. Jorin is right beside the B1, Engaged with it.

With her dice fully committed, not sure if Chee'Okee could do anything except drop commitment at the end of her turn.

On 1/2/2021 at 4:09 AM, RuusMarev said:

Jorin Brawl,Throw droid outof the ship : 3eA+1eD 0 successes
a-s.png a--.png a-s.png d-f-f.png

well then... I guess Jorin moves to engage and gives the droid a stern talking to. <_<

You forgot your 3 Force dice from the Enhance power upgrade.

9 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

@MrTInce 6 reflect +2 +5 from peerless +6 soak =19 so your pierce 4 is the reason you're dealing 4 points of damage and are able to crit her. Ventress is going to use the despair to improved reflect the 19 points of damage back at you, and because it was a despair she gets to activate the critical counter

Critical counter on Ker'see : 1d100 67

Which is scattered sense (no boost dice for Ker'see until the end of the encounter)

However with the pierce 4 from the energy bow I believe Ker'see is 2 points over her wound threshold and therefore unconscious, but the crit will be waiting for her after Mireska revives Ker'see.

😈

Actually the Despair means you can activate improved critical it doesn't allow you to activate a critical aswell. All else is fine and I will post an IC post soon.

17 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

Actually the Despair means you can activate improved critical it doesn't allow you to activate a critical aswell. All else is fine and I will post an IC post soon.

If I understood your comment correctly ...

One Peerless Interception upgrade allows the user to activate Improved Reflect without spending a Despair (once per round). Another upgrade allows the user to add a Critical Injury by spending a Despair.

Ventress has the entire PI tree, so just one Despair in Ker'see's results allows Ventress to send a Critical Injury Ker'see's way via the single "free" Improved Reflect.

Edited by Bellona
8 minutes ago, Bellona said:

One Peerless Interception upgrade allows the user to activate Improved Reflect without spending a Despair (once per round). Another upgrade allows the user to add a Critical Injury by spending a Despair.

Ventress has the entire PI tree, so just one Despair in Ker'see's results allows Ventress to send a Critical Injury Ker'see's way via the single "free "Improved Reflect.

My apologies, didn't know that.

9 hours ago, MrTInce said:

My apologies, didn't know that.

On the other hand, Mireska managed to use her own PI/Guardian of the Republic talents to reduce Ker'see's returned damage to 10 damage (with Pierce 4) plus the Scattered Senses average critical.

(GM was kind enough to allow it.)

Edited by Bellona
Wording.
17 hours ago, MrTInce said:

You are incorrect about how the peerless interception signature ability (including upgrades) work.

Despair activated improved reflect not a critical, critical counter allows the rider of a critical on improved parry/reflect but only those triggered by despair only (so you can't layer a critical on an effortless counter)

16 hours ago, Bellona said:

Ventress has the entire PI tree, so just one Despair in Ker'see's results allows Ventress to send a Critical Injury Ker'see's way via the single "free" Improved Reflect.

This is not correct. The effortless counter can not be combined with critical counter... critical counter can only be layered on improved parry/reflect triggered by despair... but in that limitted circumstance it's a "free critical'.

16 hours ago, Bellona said:

On the other hand, Mireska managed to use her own PI/Guardian of the Republic talents to reduce Ker'see's returned damage to 10 damage (with Pierce 4) plus the Scattered Senses average critical.

(GM was kind enough to allow it.)

@MrTInce Ker'see is not unconscious because of Mireska. Something like Mireska was able to deflect the bolt so that it "grazed" her dominant arm... well more than grazed... more like "tagged" her arm rather than hitting her someplace vital.

Btw Ventress took 3 strain from the reflect. The first reflect AND the first Parry in a round causes her to take strain... so she can take another 3 strain this round by parrying an attack.

Ironically... the pc's are safer in a lightsaber duel with ventress than only attacking her at range because improved parry only deals base damage whereas a reflected attack deals rolled damage yeah she can attack you with her sabers on her turn but that may be preferable to using move to hurl you into the ceiling and letting you take fall damage as a rider or throwing a sil 2 object at you. But she's more likely to use bind.

Edited by EliasWindrider
10 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

This is not correct. The effortless counter can not be combined with critical counter... critical counter can only be layered on improved parry/reflect triggered by despair... but in that limitted circumstance it's a "free critical'.

I stand corrected ... and obviously need to input more precise information in my OD data.

@RuusMarev

If you roll the omitted Force dice part of your Brawl pool, you might get some Successes ...

On 1/3/2021 at 7:08 AM, SuperWookie said:

With her dice fully committed, not sure if Chee'Okee could do anything except drop commitment at the end of her turn.

Would she be capable of bringing the melee portion of the combat to Ventress?

Or do you want Mireska to try it first? She at least has PI activated too (minus the Critical Counter talent).

Edited by Bellona
5 hours ago, Bellona said:

@RuusMarev

If you roll the omitted Force dice part of your Brawl pool, you might get some Successes ...

@EliasWindrider

Wouldn't I have had to commit those dice prior to entering the hanger?

(Would you allow the roll of them now, or should I just do it on Jorin's next opportunity? )

-I'm ok with Jorin's intilial failure, kid's gotta learn somehow..

9 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

@EliasWindrider

Wouldn't I have had to commit those dice prior to entering the hanger?

(Would you allow the roll of them now, or should I just do it on Jorin's next opportunity? )

-I'm ok with Jorin's intilial failure, kid's gotta learn somehow..

They aren't committed, they are just added whenever you roll as if you were making a Force power check.

4 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

They aren't committed, they are just added whenever you roll as if you were making a Force power check.

Ok, I'll do that next time...

@Bellona why don't you reprimand poor Jorin, remind him the Force is his ally :D :D

: 3eF 2 Light Side, 3 Dark Side

f-ds.png f-ds-ds.png f-ls-ls.png

I guess he would've done decently if he had remembered..

Only the +1 Agility or +1 Brawn upgrades need the commit.

@EliasWindrider

I just want to make sure that I haven't misunderstood anything about the Draw Closer talent from the Niman tree.

"... The character may spend [Force pip symbol] before resolving the success or failure of the check to move the target one range band closer to the character (including from short to engaged). ... If the character cannot move the target to engage him, the combat check automatically misses." (FaD p. 142)

Am I correct in thinking that the talent/action requires the user to spend 1 Force pip to move the target? As in: one Force pip must be set aside for moving the target?

Am I correct in thinking that the talent/action allows only 1 Force pip to be spent on moving the target, or can the user spend 2 Force pips (moving the target from Medium to Short, then again from Short to Engaged)?

What happens if the target is already in Engaged range? Can the user use Draw Closer in that case?

Once I get the answers, then I can interpret the results of Mireska's Draw Closer attack vs. Ventress.

Edited by Bellona
Wording.

Not my place to make a ruling, but I am thinking that wording at the end assumes the character also gets their maneuver to use and might have also moved a range band too. So move a range band, then take the action to draw them closer?