PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

If I did steal the first slot with my lightsaber result, then I'll pass it to Ruus, sure. I think I'd be able to do the same Force Pull though... actually I can't, I am fully dedicated lol

I'll pass first slot to Ruus.

Is the cockpit open @EliasWindrider ?

Or does Jorin need to sprint?

On 12/23/2020 at 9:47 AM, RuusMarev said:

Is the cockpit open @EliasWindrider ?

Or does Jorin need to sprint?

Cockpit is open facing towards the outside (out of the cliff)

5 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Cockpit is open facing towards the outside (out of the cliff)

That sounds like there is no line of sight for Jorin to activate Move on Rotta, and that Jorin needs to move closer to/around the fighter first.

Is there a check needed for Jorin getting to Rotta/disable the droid pilot? (Preferably reach Rotta,grab him and return to the bay doors...extreme: jump out the exit. )

@EliasWindrider , we're all waiting on you. We're all here waiting to do stuff, we're engaged, but we don't have anything to engage with. If you don't give us any of the necessary info, we'll just be standing outside the doors talking in the middle of what should be an action sequence.

And you still haven't awarded XP for last week.

In other news, the IC doc has been fully updated and the Discord server is completed, I'm just waiting for you to reach out to me.

5 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@EliasWindrider , we're all waiting on you. We're all here waiting to do stuff, we're engaged, but we don't have anything to engage with. If you don't give us any of the necessary info, we'll just be standing outside the doors talking in the middle of what should be an action sequence.

And you still haven't awarded XP for last week.

In other news, the IC doc has been fully updated and the Discord server is completed, I'm just waiting for you to reach out to me.

Let's switch to the discord server and continue there... I've installed the phone app...

On 12/27/2020 at 11:06 AM, RuusMarev said:

Is there a check needed for Jorin getting to Rotta/disable the droid pilot? (Preferably reach Rotta,grab him and return to the bay doors...extreme: jump out the exit. )

No check to get there... it's a minion b1b... so a successful lightsaber attack will do the trick.

There is also the option of sealing yourself in the cockpit, finishing the launch sequence and flying out.

12 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

No check to get there... it's a minion b1b... so a successful lightsaber attack will do the trick.

There is also the option of sealing yourself in the cockpit, finishing the launch sequence and flying out.

So;

A) take out the droid..

or

B) jump in with the droid?

52 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

So;

A) take out the droid..

or

B) jump in with the droid?

You can jump in to get to engaged then take out the droid push him out and close the cockpit as an incidental.... wait you'd need 3 maneuvers but you could brawl attack to toss him out in addition to 2 maneuvers.

Edited by EliasWindrider

Do we have a discord link?

4 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Do we have a discord link?

PM sent.

... So, are we continuing here until the end of January, or just jumping directly onto the Discord set-up?

(My preference: hang on here until the bitter end.)

5 minutes ago, Bellona said:

... So, are we continuing here until the end of January, or just jumping directly onto the Discord set-up?

(My preference: hang on here until the bitter end.)

I would suggest that we stay on here until we've reached a stopping point, then transfer over. That way the IC thread doesn't start in the middle of something.

Jorin Brawl,Throw droid outof the ship : 3eA+1eD 0 successes
a-s.png a--.png a-s.png d-f-f.png

well then... I guess Jorin moves to engage and gives the droid a stern talking to. <_<

That brings up @Bellona /Mireska and @MrTInce /Ker'see.

46 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

That brings up @Bellona /Mireska and @MrTInce /Ker'see.

I suggest that Ker'see tries something next.

I believe that our favourite bald sith lady is in medium range so I'll shoot her. What's her adversary/armour rating?

22 hours ago, MrTInce said:

I believe that our favourite bald sith lady is in medium range so I'll shoot her. What's her adversary/armour rating?

If it's the same meatgrinder that we were shown earlier, then her Adversary rating is 3.

Her regular Defences are RDef 3 and MDef 4.

Reflect rank 6+2 (Improved), Parry rank 10+2 (Improved), and the entire Peerless Interception tree (using that costs 1 DS destiny point).

Soak 6 (but her armour gives her Soak +2 when reducing Strain damage with Soak).

WT 21, ST 20.

Any attempt to disarm/damage/destroy one of her weapons can be resisted by her spending 2 Strain (Resist Disarm talent).

She has FR 5. Theoretically, she could have committed 1 Force die to the Sense upgrades (upgrade the Difficulty of attacking her twice, against two attacks per round), and committed up to 3 more to the Enhance upgrade which improves her Soak by that amount), leaving her with FR 1 (or more if the Enhance upgrade is not used).

... Maybe one of our tactics against her should be to tire her out?

ETA:

When relevant for Ventress countering Force powers, etc.:

Her Discipline check is YYYYY, therefore RRRRR when "defending" against most Force powers.

Her Resilience is YYY plus Force dice, but only RRR when "defending" against a relevant Force power. (FaD p. 283: "... an attempt to use Move to throw a character around a battlefield could be opposed by Resilience ...".)

The Adversary 3 talent only affects combat checks.

Edited by Bellona
ETA

Thank you @Bellona .

Will take the True Aim Maneuver and will increase difficulty to trigger Crippling Blow.

Shooting Ventress : 5eP+1eA+3eB+3eC+3eS+3eF 2 failures, 5 advantage, 3 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
p-s-a.png p--.png p-a.png p-s.png p-s.png a--.png b-a-a.png b-a.png b-a-a.png c-f.png c-f-f.png c-th.png s-th.png s-f.png s-f.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ls.png

Don't like that so will use Natural Marksman and reroll it.

Shooting Ventress : 5eP+1eA+3eB+3eC+3eS+3eF 1 success, 5 advantage, 1 Despair, 4 Dark Side
p-a.png p-a-a.png p-a-a.png p-a-a.png p-s-s.png a-s.png b-a.png b-s.png b--.png c-d.png c-th-th.png c--.png s-f.png s-f.png s-th.png f-ds-ds.png f-ds.png f-ds.png

Not much better.

I get an automatic advantage from superior so that helps taking me to 1 success and 6 advantage.

Currently sitting at 13 damage and 6 advantage. So with that I will flip a Destiny point to trigger Targetted Blow adding 6 damage to the result making it 19 damage with pierce 4. If my maths is correct damage is getting through to her so that meets criteria for Crippling Blow so she will suffer 1 strain each time she moves.

So with spend all 6 advantages to crit her giving a total of +60 (plus 20 from advantages, +20 from Vicious 2, +20 from Lethal Blows.

Crit on Ventress : 1d100+60 89

89 Compromised: + one purple die until end of encounter.

Is there any issues with that?

Will also spend three strain on a second maneuver to use Improved Animal Bond, while also giving a boost to her, to direct The Duchess to attack anything that gets within range of us.

How do you want to spend that Despair?

:blink:

Impressive Most Impressive GIFs | Tenor

7 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Will take the True Aim Maneuver and will increase difficulty to trigger Crippling Blow.

Shooting Ventress : 5eP+1eA+3eB+3eC+3eS+3eF 1 success, 5 advantage, 1 Despair, 4 Dark Side
p-a.png p-a-a.png p-a-a.png p-a-a.png p-s-s.png a-s.png b-a.png b-s.png b--.png c-d.png c-th-th.png c--.png s-f.png s-f.png s-th.png f-ds-ds.png f-ds.png f-ds.png

Not much better.

I get an automatic advantage from superior so that helps taking me to 1 success and 6 advantage.

Currently sitting at 13 damage and 6 advantage. So with that I will flip a Destiny point to trigger Targetted Blow adding 6 damage to the result making it 19 damage with pierce 4. If my maths is correct damage is getting through to her so that meets criteria for Crippling Blow so she will suffer 1 strain each time she moves.

So with spend all 6 advantages to crit her giving a total of +60 (plus 20 from advantages, +20 from Vicious 2, +20 from Lethal Blows.

Crit on Ventress : 1d100+60 89

89 Compromised: + one purple die until end of encounter.

Is there any issues with that?

Will also spend three strain on a second maneuver to use Improved Animal Bond, while also giving a boost to her, to direct The Duchess to attack anything that gets within range of us.

How do you want to spend that Despair?

That all sounds great, but ...

7 hours ago, Bellona said:

and the entire Peerless Interception tree (using that costs 1 DS destiny point)

She has FR 5. Theoretically, she could have committed 1 Force die to the Sense upgrades (upgrade the Difficulty of attacking her twice, against two attacks per round), and committed up to 3 more to the Enhance upgrade which improves her Soak by that amount), leaving her with FR 1 (or more if the Enhance upgrade is not used).

... we need to some some more information from @EliasWindrider :

• If Ventress has committed a Force to Sense (potentially adding +1 Challenge die, but reducing her current FR by 1 down to FR 4).
  • If she will activate Peerless Interception (flipping 1 DS destiny point to LS, reducing the damage taken by her current FR - whatever that is - and making use of PI's Critical Counter and Activate Quality upgrades).
  • If she's done anything to boost her Brawn and thereby her Soak (if using Enhance power to do so, then the Force dice committed to that will reduce how well PI works for her).

Edited by Bellona

Ventress has not committed any force dice and will use peerless interception (with fr 5)

10 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Ventress has not committed any force dice and will use peerless interception (with fr 5)

What about Ker'see's Despair?

36 minutes ago, Bellona said:

What about Ker'see's Despair?

@MrTInce 6 reflect +2 +5 from peerless +6 soak =19 so your pierce 4 is the reason you're dealing 4 points of damage and are able to crit her. Ventress is going to use the despair to improved reflect the 19 points of damage back at you, and because it was a despair she gets to activate the critical counter

Critical counter on Ker'see : 1d100 67

Which is scattered sense (no boost dice for Ker'see until the end of the encounter)

However with the pierce 4 from the energy bow I believe Ker'see is 2 points over her wound threshold and therefore unconscious, but the crit will be waiting for her after Mireska revives Ker'see.

😈

Edited by EliasWindrider
22 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

@MrTInce 6 reflect +2 +5 from peerless +6 soak =19 so your pierce 4 is the reason you're dealing 4 points of damage and are able to crit her. Ventress is going to use the despair to improved reflect the 19 points of damage back at you, and because it was a despair she gets to activate the critical counter

Critical counter on Ker'see : 1d100 67

Which is scattered sense (no boost dice for Ker'see until the end of the encounter)

Can Mireska use Guardian of the Republic to use Reflect to reduce the damage incoming to Ker'see?

(Just Reflect, not Improved Reflect.)

Edited by Bellona