PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

55 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Maybe he meant "two Destiny points in one combat"?

Chee'Okee already used one in the first round, and so far things look to be under control (more or less).

Right now the pool is at LS 5, DS 4.

Gotcha.

8 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Two Destiny points?

One for the extra damage and one for the Force Leap?

55 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

One for the extra damage and one for the Force Leap?

If I've parsed @MrTInce 's post correctly, then I think that he meant LS pips , not LS Destiny points.

There were several un-named talents in use there: Intuitive Shot (adds FR to combat check, pips can be spent on any combo of Successes and Advantages), Deadly Accuracy (adds skill ranks to damage), and Lethal Blows 2.

The only thing that I'm having trouble with figuring out is the +60 on the CI roll. Energy Bow with Vicious 2 (+20), Lethal Blows 2 (+20), a second CI trigger (+10 on CI roll), all of which comes to +50, not +60. What am I missing?

If it should have been +50, then one work around to reach +60 would be to use the unused +1 Advantage from the bow's Superior quality, and transferring the first LS pip use from +1 Success to +1 Advantage instead, so that together they trigger a third CI (+10 on CI roll). Of course, then only 4 damage gets through the Soak (instead of 5 damage).

Edited by Bellona
2 minutes ago, Bellona said:

If I've parsed @MrTInce 's post correctly, then I think that he meant LS pips , not LS Destiny points.

There were several un-named talents in use there: Intuitive Shot (adds FR to combat check, pips can be spent on any combo of Successes and Advantages), Deadly Accuracy (adds skill ranks to damage), and Lethal Blows 2.

The only thing that I'm having trouble with figuring out is the +60 on the CI roll. Energy Bow with Vicious 2 (+20), Lethal Blows 2 (+20), a second CI trigger (+10 on CI roll), all of which comes to +50, not +60. What am I missing?

If it should have been +50, then one work around to reach +60 would be to use the unused +1 Advantage from the bow's Superior quality, and transferring the first LS pip use from +1 Success to +1 Advantage instead, so that together they trigger a third CI (+10 on CI roll). Of course, then only 4 damage gets through the Soak (instead of 5 damage).

If he uses the triumph for another crit that's another +10.

2 minutes ago, Bellona said:

I figured out my confusion about your turn, by the way. I thought Center of Being was a Maneuver, so when I saw "Move to Short" and "Activate Center of Being" I then thought you'd taken 2 Maneuvers. Your post was clear, but for whatever reason I didn't parse it correctly that day or my memory became muddled later on. Apologies. Do you want anything edited or changed? Nothing has yet been posted IC for this round, so I could easily apply the hit to Jorin.

2 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I figured out my confusion about your turn, by the way. I thought Center of Being was a Maneuver, so when I saw "Move to Short" and "Activate Center of Being" I then thought you'd taken 2 Maneuvers. Your post was clear, but for whatever reason I didn't parse it correctly that day or my memory became muddled later on. Apologies. Do you want anything edited or changed? Nothing has yet been posted IC for this round, so I could easily apply the hit to Jorin.

*shrugs*

Let it stand as is - I've already noted the damage for Mireska. Jorin or Okee'Chee can play pincushion the next time. :)

My posts are long because I try to be clear about the various talents, powers, items, etc., being used. Unfortunately that means that a quick skim (particularly on a phone screen) can miss an important detail - despite my attempt to clarify the mechanics.

Just now, Bellona said:

*shrugs*

Let it stand as is - I've already noted the damage for Mireska. Jorin or Okee'Chee can play pincushion the next time. :)

My posts are long because I try to be clear about the various talents, powers, items, etc., being used. Unfortunately that means that a quick skim (particularly on a phone screen) can miss an important detail - despite my attempt to clarify the mechanics.

It's fine, I just fumbled on that one. I'll get it right next time.

14 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

... I thought Center of Being was a Maneuver ...

Normally it is, unless the character has - and activates - the Improved version of that talent, in which case it becomes an Incidental and costs +1 Strain.

20 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

I did calculate the crit wrong so I will use it for the extra plus 10 and not a free second maneuver so she stays where she is, no conflict or strain taken.

23 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

He wanted to spend that on a free second manoeuvre (no strain) to dash back into some sort of cover.

That's still up in the air right now, as we're waiting on @RuusMarev 's IC post for round 1, before @MrTInce can make his post for the start of round 2.

ETA: Ninja'ed by @MrTInce ! :D

Edited by Bellona
Just now, Bellona said:

He wanted to spend that on a free second manoeuvre (no strain) to dash back into some sort of cover.

That's still up in the air right now, as we're waiting on @RuusMarev 's IC post for round 1, before @MrTInce can make his post for the start of round 2.

And I've gotta post for the NPCs before @MrTInce can post for round 2.

My apologies if I jumped the gun.

Just now, MrTInce said:

My apologies if I jumped the gun.

It's fine. I did a little too.

Sorry, Wife kept me busy with chores... clean up one holiday and set up another! (how much damage did Jorin do to that pesky Droideka?)

3 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

Sorry, Wife kept me busy with chores... clean up one holiday and set up another! (how much damage did Jorin do to that pesky Droideka?)

Took it out. Didn't take much, it was already reeling from Chee'Okee's attack.

So what's left "alive" on the CIS side of things, and how are they placed in the Initiative order?

Just now, Bellona said:

So what's left "alive" on the CIS side of things, and how are they placed in the Initiative order?

One damaged droideka that's stun locked. I suggest you just narrate executing it.

7 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

One damaged droideka that's stun locked. I suggest you just narrate executing it.

Let me have some dice-rolling fun (even if it's virtual)! :)

Plus, you never know if she'll muck it up - which can have its own benefits. :D

1 minute ago, Bellona said:

Well, 1eC+1eD+2eS since it's still got its shield up.

27 minutes ago, Bellona said:

As long as Ker'see gets some healing from Mireska...

Already activated: Lightsabre, Portable Plasma Shield.

Manoeuvre 1: Move from Medium to Short range of remaining Droideka

... Basically moving from Engaged range with some clones (vague, I know, but we didn't specify who was stacking up with whom on which side of the doors).

Action: Draw Closer action vs. Droideka, adding +1 Setback (courtesy of some B1 droids in round 1) ...

Naughty droideka!: Draw Closer : 2eP+2eA+5eF+1eC+1eD+3eS 2 successes, 3 advantage, 1 Despair, 4 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
p-a-a.png p-a-a.png a-s.png a-s-s.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png c-d.png d--.png s--.png s-th.png s--.png

Final Results (1 LS pip to activate Draw Closer, 3 LS pips for +3 Advantages; +1 Success from Personalised Design, +1 Advantage from Fine-Tuned Emitter, ) : 3 Successes, 7 Advantages, 1 Despair.

7 base damage + 3 Successes = 10 damage with Breach 2 (which ignores Soak 15) = 10 Wounds to the Droideka (which already has 5 Wounds from Ker'see). The Droideka/Destroyer is destroyed.

6 Advantages used to recover 6 Strain.

1 Advantage used add +1 to next allied active character's check.

1 Despair ... I was thinking of having the droideka fall on top of Mireska, knocking her prone (but not wounded further, aside from her dignity).

Current Wounds/Strain by end of Mireska's round: 6/17 Wounds, 0/17 Strain.

1 minute ago, Bellona said:

6 Advantages used to recover 6 Strain.

Isn't there a 1 per round restriction?

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Isn't there a 1 per round restriction?

Not for strain recovery.

2 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

Not for strain recovery.

The EotE and AoR CRBs have a "the user may select this option multiple times" clause, but then that is dropped in the FaD CRB, either suggesting that it can no longer be selected multiple times, or that the other options may now be selected multiple times.

My interpretation is that you can only choose the options once, and removing the clause puts the "recover 1 strain" into that category.

We've been using it for multiples of Strain recovery/infliction.

Which is also why the +Boosts/Setbacks also added up, at least until someone capped it at +7 added to a single dice pool.

Edited by Bellona