PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

4 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Guarded Stance only applies to melee attacks, so you may want to reconsider. Taking cover near Camo grants +2 Soak, though.

Jorin can have a boost, but I think I'd need to be engaged with him in order for him to get it?

59 minutes ago, SuperWookie said:

Jorin can have a boost, but I think I'd need to be engaged with him in order for him to get it?

Assistance? It's up to GM discretion as to whether it can apply, and I personally don't allow it in combat. Don't know about @EliasWindrider though.

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Assistance? It's up to GM discretion as to whether it can apply, and I personally don't allow it in combat. Don't know about @EliasWindrider though.

General skills and knowledge skills only.

4 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

General skills and knowledge skills only.

I agree with your ruling, however I do want to state for the record that the RAW makes no such distinction, and leaves it up to the GM accepting a reasonable explanation for how the character assists.

I want to clarify this statement that I'm referring to combat skills. A character assisting another character's Mechanics check, for example, would be allowed with a reasonable explanation.

4 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I agree with your ruling, however I do want to state for the record that the RAW makes no such distinction, and leaves it up to the GM accepting a reasonable explanation for how the character assists.

I want to clarify this statement that I'm referring to combat skills. A character assisting another character's Mechanics check, for example, would be allowed with a reasonable explanation.

I agree... the reason I wouldn't allow combat skills is collateral damage... the more people attacking the more likely you are to hit something you don't want to hit.... the opposite would happen is you merged the best skills and attributes from multiple characters.

I'll forgo a maneuver then, since I do not think I can do anything with it.

Just now, SuperWookie said:

I'll forgo a maneuver then, since I do not think I can do anything with it.

You could take cover or move out of the line of fire. If you're in cover within Short range of Camouflage, you get +2 Soak from his Prime Positions and don't have to take a Maneuver to get back into line-of-sight to the enemy.

You could take cover or move out of the line of fire. If you're in cover within Short range of Camouflage, you get +2 Soak from his Prime Positions and don't have to take a Maneuver to get back into line-of-sight to the enemy.

I thought we were just hiding to the side of the doorway, in cover?

Just now, SuperWookie said:

I thought we were just hiding to the side of the doorway, in cover?

We were to the side of the doorway, then you have to take a Maneuver to get into line of sight.

So technically I suppose you already took your Maneuver. Then it's just a question of taking a second one.

I'm fine, proceed with V squad.

Jorin Vs Droideka (saberthrow) : 1eA+4eP+3eF+2eD 4 advantage, 1 Triumph, 2 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
a--.png p-a-a.png p-a-a.png p-tr.png p-s-a.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png d-th.png d-f-f.png

Ummm, 1 light to activate, 1 light to return.. (checking sheet.. yup, medium range standard, don't need to dip into the darkside :D ) buuuut, does Triumph count as a Success? 🙈

1 minute ago, RuusMarev said:

Jorin Vs Droideka (saberthrow) : 1eA+4eP+3eF+2eD 4 advantage, 1 Triumph, 2 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
a--.png p-a-a.png p-a-a.png p-tr.png p-s-a.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png d-th.png d-f-f.png

Ummm, 1 light to activate, 1 light to return.. (checking sheet.. yup, medium range standard, don't need to dip into the darkside :D ) buuuut, does Triumph count as a Success? 🙈

Triumph does , but it's already accounted for by Orokos.

However, one of those dice should be upgraded and there should be 2 Setback since the droideka's shield is up.

3 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Triumph does , but it's already accounted for by Orokos.

However, one of those dice should be upgraded and there should be 2 Setback since the droideka's shield is up.

missing / correction dice : 1eC+2eS 0 successes, 4 threat
c-th-th.png s-th.png s-th.png

ummmmmm

Just now, RuusMarev said:

missing / correction dice : 1eC+2eS 0 successes, 4 threat
c-th-th.png s-th.png s-th.png

ummmmmm

With the protocol of dropping the later die, you end up with a result of 2s1T, enough to hit for 4 wounds, incapacitating the target, with a Triumph left over.

Just now, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

With the protocol of dropping the later die, you end up with a result of 2s1T, enough to hit for 4 wounds, incapacitating the target, with a Triumph left over.

whew... ok, what kind of options have we got for that? :D

Just now, RuusMarev said:

whew... ok, what kind of options have we got for that? :D

Upgrade to an ally, gain a bonus to Defense, free Maneuver. There are a couple others, but those are the most relevant.

upgrade to ally. :)

Remainder of round 1:

1. CMG1(6) 1s
  2. B1c(5)3w 2a
  3. Sergeant Raven 1a
  4. CMG2(6) 1a
  5. Droideka-2 1a

Clone Minion group 1 (6):
Maneuver: Move to fire
Action: Shoot at B1c (Auto-Fire): Auto-Fire : 4eP+1eA+3eD 1 success, 4 advantage
p-a.png p-a-a.png p-s-a.png p-s-a.png a-a.png d-th.png d-f-th.png d--.png
Excellent. That's 10*3-(Soak-1)=21 wounds, eliminating four of the five droids and leaving 4 total spillover wounds.

B1c(1)4w:
Maneuver: Advance to Short range
Action: Shoot at Ker'see: Shooting at Ker'see : 2eA+1eD+3eS 1 failure
a-a-a.png a-s.png d-th-th.png s-f.png s-f.png s--.png

I'm going to just assume that the clones manage to take out that last droid, and then they can't do anything to the droideka.

Droideka-2:
Maneuver: Aim
Action: Fire Sweep: Fire Sweep : 2eP+1eA+1eB+3eD 2 successes, 1 threat
p-s.png p--.png a-s-a.png b-s-a.png d-th.png d-f-th.png d-th.png

That's 14 damage with Pierce 1 and two hits, one on Mireska and one on Ker'see. Both selected because they are out of cover and have made nuisances of themselves, so it would make the most sense.

Ker'see can't reflect, so she takes 11 wounds. Mireska can reflect, so she only takes 6 wounds and 3 Strain.

With the Threat, the droideka takes 1 Strain (wound).

Back to the top of the order, and Ker'see is up.

I'll post IC when I get a chance.

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt

Okay, not liking that Droideka number 2.

True aim for Maneuver and shooting with all the fun.

Shooting a Droideka : 5eP+1eA+2eB+3eF+1eC+1eD+2eS 3 successes, 3 advantage, 1 Triumph, 2 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
p-a-a.png p-s-s.png p-a-a.png p-s-a.png p-tr.png a--.png b--.png b--.png f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png c-th-th.png d--.png s-f.png s--.png

So that's 16 damage pierce 4 (bumped with one of the lightside points). So 5 damage gets through.

Will use last lightside to increase advantages to 4 so will trigger a crit using both giving +60 to the roll.

Critical : 1d100+60 123

Knocked Senseless: Staggered until end of encounter.

Triumph will be to attempt free maneuver to force dash into cover.

Force Leap : 3eF 4 Dark Side
f-ds-ds.png f-ds.png f-ds.png

Will flip a lightside point to use darkside pips taking two strain and two conflict to do so.

Any objections?

2 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

Force Leap : 3eF 4 Dark Side
f-ds-ds.png f-ds.png f-ds.png

Will flip a lightside point to use darkside pips taking two strain and two conflict to do so.

Any objections?

Yes, actually. Two Destiny Points on one roll seems a bit steep, especially since the droideka is stun-locked and there are no active enemies. I'd suggest you not use a DP for the Force Dash. I'll post IC for the NPCs before you post, and then I suppose Mireska can execute the droideka since it can't act.

@MrTInce , actually, before either of us can post, @RuusMarev needs to post IC for Jorin.

Remainder of round 1:

Droideka-2:
Maneuver: Aim
Action: Fire Sweep: Fire Sweep : 2eP+1eA+1eB+3eD 2 successes, 1 threat
p-s.png p--.png a-s-a.png b-s-a.png d-th.png d-f-th.png d-th.png

That's 14 damage with Pierce 1 and two hits, one on Mireska and one on Ker'see. Both selected because they are out of cover and have made nuisances of themselves, so it would make the most sense.

Ker'see can't reflect, so she takes 11 wounds. Mireska can reflect, so she only takes 6 wounds and 3 Strain.

With the Threat, the droideka takes 1 Strain (wound).

So noted on Mireska's character sheet: total Wounds = 6/17 and Strain = 6/17

Also a comment: Mireska was the only one of the four Jedi present who did not do any damage to any of the droids behind the doors (she merely waved her lightsabre around). So it's a bit of a stretch to say that she "made a nuisance" of herself to the droids.

(And likewise a stretch for Poe to claim IC that she ran into his line of fire - that Boost die came from Mireska. It's not her fault that the dice are against him/he didn't aim correctly. :) )

It looks like all the Jedi are out of cover. At least Mireska moved back to rejoin the clones at the end of her first turn. (We need a map for some of this stuff.)

(... I still think that it's odd that Fire Sweep - an action which uses a combat skill - completely ignores Defences.)

1 minute ago, Bellona said:

So noted on Mireska's character sheet: total Wounds = 6/17 and Strain = 6/17

Also a comment: Mireska was the only one of the four Jedi present who did not do any damage to any of the droids behind the doors (she merely waved her lightsabre around). So it's a bit of a stretch to say that she "made a nuisance" of herself to the droids.

(And likewise a stretch for Poe to claim IC that she ran into his line of fire - that Boost die came from Mireska. It's not her fault that the dice are against him/he didn't aim correctly. :) )

It looks like all the Jedi are out of cover. At least Mireska moved back to rejoin the clones at the end of her first turn. (We need a map for some of this stuff.)

(... I still think that it's odd that Fire Sweep - an action which uses a combat skill - completely ignores Defences.)

Oh, I thought she ran to Short range and was still there, that was the cause for my narrative calls. If not, then sorry, I misunderstood. In fact, I'm pretty sure I had one of the droids make a check predicated on Mireska being at Short range, using its Maneuver to Aim. It missed anyway.

As for Fire Sweep, it increases the difficulty once at a minimum and doesn't target anyone in particular. It is a bit odd though. *shrug*

9 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Yes, actually. Two Destiny Points on one roll seems a bit steep, especially since the droideka is stun-locked and there are no active enemies. I'd suggest you not use a DP for the Force Dash. I'll post IC for the NPCs before you post, and then I suppose Mireska can execute the droideka since it can't act.

Two Destiny points?

3 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Two Destiny points?

Maybe he meant "two Destiny points in one combat"?

Chee'Okee already used one in the first round, and so far things look to be under control (more or less).

Right now the pool is at LS 5, DS 4.