PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Updated my post a little, if you'd like to re-read. She wants to know if his clones can do it.

Which has the greatest firepower, the LAAT/i or the AT-TE?

If they're comparable, then I'd be inclined to keep the LAAT/i out of the way, as it's part of our exfil.

Edited by Bellona
5 minutes ago, Bellona said:

If they're comparable, then I'd be inclined to keep the LAAT/i out of the way, as it's part of our exfil

My reasoning is that starships take small arms fire a whole lot better than personal speeders or us squishies. On a 1-10 scale (or 10-1, not sure which way to express it).

Just now, Bellona said:

If they're comparable, I'd be inclined to keep the LAAT/i out of the way, as it's part of our exfil.

For weapons with relatively low yield:

The LAAT has twin chin turrets and two pairs of anti-personnel beam turrets (1 planetary-scale damage, Blast 1, Auto-Fire).

The AT-TE has quad medium laser cannons.

The LAAT has more firepower, but to the point where the PCs might not get to do much of anything because there may not be much left alive (though it may miss entirely). The AT-TE I think is a better meta choice because it could take out a droideka on its first turn, then leave the other targets for the PCs. The decision can be easily explained by stating that the LAAT can't get close enough or some other reason (I can come up with one if needed).

Just now, SuperWookie said:

My reasoning is that starships take small arms fire a whole lot better than personal speeders or us squishies. On a 1-10 scale (or 10-1, not sure which way to express it).

An AT-TE is the same damage scale as a LAAT and is actually tougher.

This is an AT-TE, in case there was confusion:

All Terrain Tactical Enforcer | Wookieepedia | Fandom

Just for clearing out the entryway shouldn't be a big deal? We can't take either inside with us anyways, right?

2 minutes ago, SuperWookie said:

The AT-TE is a vehicle, so it operates on vehicular scale. And it's a pretty tough cookie.

(And pretty much ninja'ed by P-47. :) )

Edited by Bellona

Just for clearing out the entryway shouldn't be a big deal? We can't take either inside with us anyways, right?

Well, that depends on how much the GM is planning for the inside. This might be the main fight for the interior of the Monastery. In the movie, they faced barely any resistance past the courtyard (by "barely any" I mean ~6 B1s).

3 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

An AT-TE is the same damage scale as a LAAT and is actually tougher.

This is an AT-TE, in case there was confusion:

All Terrain Tactical Enforcer | Wookieepedia | Fandom

The picture is not appearing for me ...

Edited by Bellona

Ker'see is up for some use of the vehicles. The Duchess is indifferent...

Just now, Bellona said:

The picture is not appearing ...

Huh. Don't know why, it's appearing for me. Just a pic I grabbed off of Google via Wookiepedia. @SuperWookie , if it isn't showing up for you, just google "AT-TE walker" and you'll see it. :D

Just now, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Huh. Don't know why, it's appearing for me. Just a pic I grabbed off of Google via Wookiepedia. @SuperWookie , if it isn't showing up for you, just google "AT-TE walker" and you'll see it. :D

Pictures are being weird on the forum at the moment.

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I saw it, they are those fat bois

Just trying to RP my two ranks of Knowledge Warfare (and I also thought it would be a cool idea/visual). I'm over here writing Clone Wars cartoons. Please pardon me.

Speaking of Knowledge Warefare, should we roll that before making tactics decisions?

It would make sense for the LAAT to be on patrol/watch while we use the AT-TE to attack.

We have 2-3 LAAT?

We have 2-3 LAAT?

2 LAAT/i

1 LAAT/c

1 minute ago, SuperWookie said:

Just trying to RP my two ranks of Knowledge Warfare (and I also thought it would be a cool idea/visual). I'm over here writing Clone Wars cartoons. Please pardon me.

Speaking of Knowledge Warefare, should we roll that before making tactics decisions?

I'm just thinking like a GM, I meant no offense. Just trying to keep everyone happy and involved. :)

Rolling Knowledge (Warfare) takes away a lot of the fun of planning tactics as now the GM is telling the players how they are going to handle it rather than the players getting to plan it out. It would make more sense to use it to interpret enemy tactics.

Like you say though, it's good to RP your ranks. Camo has 3, so I try to have him be the tactics guy as much as reasonable/possible.

Looks like the AT-TE has 40 points of Soak against small arms fire. I guess we'll be fine either way.

If ARC-65 REALLY wants to tell Darth Surprisious no, he can reply to her :)

Looks like the AT-TE has 40 points of Soak against small arms fire. I guess we'll be fine either way.

If ARC-65 REALLY wants to tell Darth Surprisious no, he can reply to her :)

I'm just waiting to get a consensus from the players as to our course of action: LAAT or AT-TE?

I vote for the AT-TE since I think it'd be better for PC involvement (and I think it's a bit more practical), but I'm not going to fight for it if everyone else wants to use the LAAT with its superior firepower.

Besides, the poor walker hasn't gotten a chance to do anything yet. :D

it'd be better for PC involvement

It is worth noting that continuing to debate this point kinda robs the point of either choice, enjoyment wise... <_< :D

Random alien onlooker: These guys brought a bantha to a nerf fight. 😮

I'm voting for the AT-TE.

I want to keep our LAATs out of the way of fire, as we might need to make a quick escape.

Random alien onlooker: These guys brought a bantha to a nerf fight. 😮

*Krayt dragon

:D

It is worth noting that continuing to debate this point kinda robs the point of either choice, enjoyment wise... <_< :D

Easy solution would be to tell her the AT-TE is already in place and should be equally as effective? We have the same Knowledge (Warfare) pool, even though you have more ranks. It actually plays well against invested skill points that their solutions are the same, but ARC-65 has more experience with a 3 ranks.