PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Just now, Bellona said:

The bolded text is correct, assuming that their shield projectors are activated (Misc thread p. 20).

2 Defense, though.

Just now, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

2 Defense, though.

Which is what the activated shield projectors give them (2 defensive dice, i.e., 2 Setbacks to attempts to damage them).

Not really house rules, that's from the adversary description in the book. I already forget the name of that book, but droideka have a stat block so no guess-work required.

Would the door we want to go through be silhouette 2 or 3? I can move up to 2 myself, but I was thinking of suggesting blowing it off the hinges instead of just open. We can move it forward and just drop it on some of the droids.

1 minute ago, SuperWookie said:

Would the door we want to go through be silhouette 2 or 3? I can move up to 2 myself, but I was thinking of suggesting blowing it off the hinges instead of just open. We can move it forward and just drop it on some of the droids.

Camouflage suggested IC that we keep the doors intact, for later defensive purposes.

4 minutes ago, SuperWookie said:

Not really house rules, that's from the adversary description in the book. I already forget the name of that book, but droideka have a stat block so no guess-work required.

You might have missed some droideka-related discussions in Misc and OOC. The droidekas in this campaign have been house-ruled, although you're correct that the shield projectors giving Defence 2/2 is RAW. (The house-ruled bit was that it also increases their Soak by +10, and that their WT has been reduced overall from 18 to 12.)

45 minutes ago, Bellona said:

You might have missed some droideka-related discussions in Misc and OOC. The droidekas in this campaign have been house-ruled, although you're correct that the shield projectors giving Defence 2/2 is RAW. (The house-ruled bit was that it also increases their Soak by +10, and that their WT has been reduced overall from 18 to 12.)

And their Soak was reduced.

@SuperWookie , here's the post in question. Only change was to clarify +1 Armor as +10 Soak since technically Pierce doesn't affect Armor. I treat them interchangeably, which is why I originally listed it as +1 Armor.

well if we can remotely open the doors, Jorin could Pull the Doridekas into the door, then we open them to finish them off?

2 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Droidekas get 2 Defense when their shields are active.

Camouflage's mild paranoia suggests keeping the doors intact. Would Move be the same with that objective?

No.

Just now, EliasWindrider said:

No.

So they can't just push the doors open with move? Wouldn't it be easier than ripping them off their hinges?

Well, pushing doors up/ripping them out of their sockets.

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt
2 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

So they can't just push the doors open with move? Wouldn't it be easier than ripping them off their hinges?

Well, pushing doors up/ripping them out of their sockets.

Doors can be opened with move, but if as I suggested you want to throw the doors down the hallway for 20 damage plus successes each.... you can't do that while keeping them on their hinges.

I think we wanted the doors to be usable if needed.

12 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Doors can be opened with move, but if as I suggested you want to throw the doors down the hallway for 20 damage plus successes each.... you can't do that while keeping them on their hinges.

I wasn't talking about keeping them intact and throwing them, that doesn't make any sense. I was just talking about using Move to open them.

Maybe you could use Manipulate to open the doors. Or if anyone can slice.

Are they even locked?

8 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Are they even locked?

Yes.

What kind of lock is it? Do the doors open in or out?

1 hour ago, MrTInce said:

What kind of lock is it? Do the doors open in or out?

Doors open out. There's a control panel where a code cylinder would let you unlock it.

They slid up in the movie.

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

They slid up in the movie.

That works too.

Does anyone have grenades? We could lift the door a little and roll some grenades in?

@SuperWookie , if I'm understanding you right, you're saying load up in a LAAT, fly into the hallway, then deploy? I'm also not entirely clear if Camo is being given a direct order phrased as a request or if he's being asked his opinion.

@EliasWindrider , is that even possible?

No, everyone (clones too) moves to the side, we slice the door open and the droids move forward, not understanding why there were no enemies, and then the LAAT descends down and points all the firepower it can unload into the hallway.

EDIT: Removed "order" from post and added a bit.

Edited by SuperWookie
Just now, SuperWookie said:

No, everyone (clones too) moves to the side, we slice the door open and the droids move forward, not understanding why there were no enemies, and then the LAAT descends down and points all the firepower it can unload into the hallway.

Ah, okay. That is pretty close to my plan, except mine used the AT-TE.