PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

7 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@EliasWindrider , should I handle the gunships now?

How many new clone troops are we introducing? If a full platoon plus the other half of Poe/Raven's platoon, that's 2 lieutenants, 6 sergeants, and 48 troopers for a total of 56 clones plus two Jedi and an overgrown kitty.

Sure

Going to handle the gunships now, acting once at the end of round two rather than rolling initiative.

I'm treating all the gunners as minions, applying Gunnery as a group skill.

Pilots:
Maneuver: Move
Maneuver: Decelerate to 0

Gunners:
Maneuver: Aim
Action: Shoot at the B2s with the chin turrets: Shooting at the B2s : 1eP+2eA+1eB+2eD 1 failure, 2 advantage
p-a-a.png a-s.png a-a.png b--.png d-f-f.png d-th.png

Pass on a Boost. So much for one-shotting a minion group.

Ball Turret Gunners:
Action: Auto-Fire: Auto-Fire : 3eP+2eA+2eB+3eD 0 successes, 6 advantage
p-s-a.png p-a-a.png p-a-a.png a-a.png a-a.png b-a.png b--.png d-th.png d-f.png d-th.png

You have got to be kidding me. Good grief . Passes on 3 Boost to the door gunners. With 1 Success there, we're talking twenty damage each, with four hits.

Door Gunners:
Action: Auto-Fire vs. B1s: Auto-Fire : 1eP+2eA+4eB+2eD 3 successes, 5 advantage
p-a-a.png a-s-a.png a-s.png b-s-a.png b-s-a.png b-s-a.png b--.png d-f-th.png d-f.png

18 damage with Pierce 2, so 18-4=14 damage, taking out two and nearly a third. 2 Advantage for a hit on a group of B1s, taking out 3, and 2 Advantage for a second hit on the group, eliminating them. Passes on a Boost with the Advantage.
It'll only take 8 wounds to eliminate the remaining B2s, @MrTInce , @SuperWookie . Easy for a Lightsaber-wielder.

Ugh, I was really hoping (and honestly, expecting) that the gunships would eliminate all the droids (or practically all, leaving some for the PCs to mop up) so I wouldn't have to roll for all the clones.

Oh, I forgot the LAAT/c with the AT-TE.

Pilot:
Maneuver: Move
Maneuver: Decelerate to 0

Gunner:
Action: Blast at the B1s: Shooting at the B1s : 3eA+2eB+2eD 2 successes, 2 advantage
a--.png a-s.png a-a.png b-s.png b-s-a.png d--.png d-f.png

It's enough. 60 is greater than 30, so bye-bye B1s.

Initiatives:
Sergeant 1: Initiative : 2eA 1 success
a--.png a-s.png
Sergeant 2: Initiative : 2eA 0 successes, 1 advantage
a--.png a-a.png
Sergeant 3: Initiative : 2eA 0 successes, 2 advantage
a--.png a-a-a.png
Sergeant 4: Initiative : 2eA 1 success, 1 advantage
a-a.png a-s.png
Sergeant 5: Initiative : 2eA 1 success, 1 advantage
a-s.png a-a.png
Sergeant 6: Initiative : 2eA 2 successes, 1 advantage
a-s-a.png a-s.png

Good grief, my luck today is just terrible .

CMg4(6): Initiative : 1eA 0 successes, 1 advantage
a-a.png
CMg5(6): Initiative : 1eA 1 success, 1 advantage
a-s-a.png
CMg6(6): Initiative : 1eA 1 success
a-s.png
CMg7(6): Initiative : 1eA 1 success, 1 advantage
a-s-a.png
CMg8(6): Initiative : 1eA 1 success
a-s.png
CMg9(6): Initiative : 1eA 0 successes, 1 advantage
a-a.png
CMg10(6): Initiative : 1eA 2 successes
a-s-s.png
CMg11(6): Initiative : 1eA 1 success, 1 advantage
a-s-a.png

Initiative order:

1. Mireska - 8s2a
  2. Camouflage - 4s2a
  3. Chee'Okee - 4s1a
  4. Varactyl Squad - 3s3a1T
  5. Sgt. Poe (5 wounds, crit) - 3s1a
  6. Sgt. Raven - 3s1a
  7. Ker'see - 2s1a
  8. Sergeant-1 - 2s1a
  9. Clone minion group 1 (6) - 2s1a
  10. Clone minion group 2 (4, 4 wounds) - 2s
  11. Clone minion group 4 (6) - 2s
  12. B1a (5, 4 wounds) - 2s
  13. Jorin - 1s4a1T
  14. Clone minion group 3 (2, 2 wounds) - 1s2a
  15. Sergeant-2 - 1s1a
  16. Sergeant 3 - 1s1a
  17. Clone minion group 5 (6) - 1s1a
  18. Clone minion group 6 (6) - 1s1a
  19. Clone minion group 7 (6) - 1s1a
  20. B1 Supervisor-1 - 1s1a
  21. Sergeant-4 - 1s
  22. Clone minion group 8 (6) - 1s
  23. Clone minion group 9 (6) - 1s
  24. Sergeant-5 - 2a
  25. B2a (2, 7 wounds, Disoriented, +1 Difficulty) - 2a
  26. B1b (4, 1 wound, Disoriented) - 2a
  27. Clone minion group 10 (6) - 1a
  28. Clone minion group 11 (6) - 1a
  29. Sergeant-6 - 1a
  30. B1 Supervisor-2 - 1a
  31. B1e (6) - 1a
  32. B1f (6, Disoriented) - 1a
  33. B1j (6, Disoriented) - 0s

@MrTInce , you can take Camo's slot if you want, so that the newly-landed Jedi get to act instantly and together.

Nice to see their arrival! :)

I've posted Mireska's turn for Slot 1 of Round 3.

She ended up in the south-eastern courtyard after Force Leaping the wall. Her original aim was for where she saw Jorin land, but I'm not sure if a), she can pinpoint the location, and b), Jorin is still there.

On a related note, do mirialans bleed red or green?

For that matter, what about the other "chromatic human" species, like pantorans, chiss, and the various colours of zeltrons?

Or twi'leks (who also come in various colours) and togruta?

Unless otherwise stated, I'd guess red. Humans don't bleed their skin color, and I don't think other meatbags would either. Duros bleed green, but they aren't classified as "near-humans" I don't think.

I'll edit the map to reflect Mireska leaping to Medium range. She isn't able to reach Jorin this round.

Most oxygenated species should bleed red. All of the near-human ones should, at least, unless EU sources dictate otherwise.

When we land, are there any debris Chee'Okee could lift and provide a wall of cover with?

7 hours ago, Bellona said:

On a related note, do mirialans bleed red or green?

For that matter, what about the other "chromatic human" species, like pantorans, chiss, and the various colours of zeltrons?

Or twi'leks (who also come in various colours) and togruta?

Devaronians have silver based blood and bleed black on their red skin.

Ker'see is happy to wait her turn as she will be sniping from the LAAT before heading in.

7 hours ago, SuperWookie said:

Most oxygenated species should bleed red. All of the near-human ones should, at least, unless EU sources dictate otherwise.

When we land, are there any debris Chee'Okee could lift and provide a wall of cover with?

I narrated the flak cannon blasting a hole in the wall on the right, so I believe there would be.

Camouflage:
Incidental: Aim
Action: Shoot at B1j (Clanker Killer 2 for 2a): Shooting at the B1s : 3eP+1eA+2eB+1eD 4 successes, 4 advantage
p-s-a.png p--.png p-a-a.png a-s-s.png b-s-a.png b-a-a.png d-th-th.png

4 Success, 6 Advantage, and FaB 2. First hit is 17 damage and an auto crit, for 2 Advantage a second is 14 damage for 28 wounds. Not enough to take them all out, unfortunately.

He'll take Tactical Advance incidental for 2 Strain, then a second Maneuver for 2 Strain to move out into the open, trying to draw fire (Tactical Evasion).

3 Advantage for +1 Ranged Defense, bringing him up to 3. 1 Advantage to recover a Strain, and FaB 2 to pass a Boost to Varactyl Squad.

Result: B1j loses 5 droids and takes 3 wounds, Varactyl Squad gets a Boost, Tactical Advance is still active, and Camouflage gets both Ranged Defense +1(3) and attacks against him are upgraded once.

I'll go ahead and have Varactyl Squad go so that we keep the two close together since it doesn't actually affect the order.

Varactyl Squad:
Action: Auto-Fire vs. B1b: Auto-Fire : 3eP+1eA+2eB+2eD 3 successes, 2 advantage
p-a-a.png p-s-a.png p-s.png a-s.png b-s-a.png b-s.png d-th-th.png d-f-f.png

That's 12 damage with Pierce 1, first hit is on B1b for an auto-crit and a total of 14 wounds, second for 2 Advantage eliminates B1j.

Result: B1b loses 2 droids and takes 5 wounds, B1j is eliminated.

@RuusMarev , in the IC, I set up Jorin to come to the "rescue" if you so desire, whether that's with the B1s or the Supervisor.

@SuperWookie , you're up!

Map is updated, here's the link for quick reference.

Are the latecomers on that map yet? Ker'see will be sniping, but Chee'Okee needs to be a bit closer. If we are still not landing, skip me for now I guess.

Just now, SuperWookie said:

Are the latecomers on that map yet? Ker'see will be sniping, but Chee'Okee needs to be a bit closer. If we are still not landing, skip me for now I guess.

They are both on the deck, but since they go near the top of the round I didn't bother listing them on the map (also spatial reasons).

You're technically still on the LAATs, but ready to disembark at will. You'll be at the same place as all the clones, Short range from all of the droids.

What's the strongest looking group?

3 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

What's the strongest looking group?

B1f, at Medium range, still has 6 members. The B2s are almost down and the Supervisor isn't worth your time at the moment.

Question: Could Jorin use the Force to Move his saber into a Saber Throw? (since he is currently disarmed?)

Just now, RuusMarev said:

Question: Could Jorin use the Force to Move his saber into a Saber Throw? (since he is currently disarmed?)

He could just spend a Maneuver to pick it up.

Just now, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

He could just spend a Maneuver to pick it up.

Ah.. yeah, I suppose that would work... :D

23 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

Does Jorin know the sabre throw technique?

2 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

Does Jorin know the sabre throw technique?

Yes :D

38 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

That would probably be a Move power (action*) to pick up the 'sabre and a Sabre Throw (action) to attack with it in that manner.

* Unless you have a nifty ability which allows you to use a Force power as a manoeuvre. (Hint: there's a talent on the Master tree. :) )

Just now, Bellona said:

That would probably be a Move power (action*) to pick up the 'sabre and a Sabre Throw (action) to attack with it in that manner.

* Unless you have a nifty ability which allows you to use a Force power as a manoeuvre. (Hint: there's a talent on the Master tree. :) )

I'll have to loo at that.. :D

24 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

I'll have to loo at that.. :D

It costs 2 Strain to use and can only be used 1/session (which in our case is usually 1/planet).

Edited by Bellona

Who's up next in the Initiative order?

Is it Chee'Okee and Ker'see?

10 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Who's up next in the Initiative order?

Is it Chee'Okee and Ker'see?

@SuperWookie /Chee'Okee, then Poe and Raven, and then @MrTInce /Ker'see.

The battle seems to be well in hand, would it be a waste for my to make a Knowledge (Warfare) check to see if I can offer any strategic advice (as the character)? Otherwise I might simply buff up and Commit Sense on Chee'Okee in order to upgrade attacks against her, and then spend my second action to draw her lightsaber. I wouldn't be the first one to step out of the LAAT without taking a look at the battlefield as the clones exit.