PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

2 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

Ok... I dont think I've been told that Jorin has done anything to generate any conflict as of yet...

@EliasWindrider ?

But I can roll for Destiny:

Jorin Destiny of Teth : 1eF 1 Light Side
f-ls.png

I don't think that you've earned conflict.

9 hours ago, Bellona said:

Teth: Destiny Pool : 1eF 2 Light Side
f-ls-ls.png

Things might be looking up ... :)

5 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Destiny! : 1eF 1 Dark Side
f-ds.png

3 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

But I can roll for Destiny:

Jorin Destiny of Teth : 1eF 1 Light Side
f-ls.png

2 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Destiny : 1eF 1 Dark Side
f-ds.png

As GM I also roll destiny to put more chips in the pool

Destiny for rescuing rotta (primarily teth) : 1eF 2 Light Side
f-ls-ls.png

So 5 white, 2 black.

Edited by EliasWindrider

@EliasWindrider , do you have any requests/refusals for how to handle the attack on the monastery? How closely are we expected to follow the movie?

4 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@EliasWindrider , do you have any requests/refusals for how to handle the attack on the monastery? How closely are we expected to follow the movie?

I'd like the 3 jedi characters to have an uninterrupted duel with ventress.... otherwise go nuts... btw in case you're worried about us "arguing"/ debaing in the encumbrance thread and it carrying over here... don't... no grudges no reprisals... if I can stay friends with @Tramp Graphics @tramp despite how much we argue... well that was nothing in comparison... you seemed to get a little frustrated and that's the only reason I'm mentioning it here.... for the record i took no offense and meant no offense.

Just now, EliasWindrider said:

I'd like the 3 jedi characters to have an uninterrupted duel with ventress.... otherwise go nuts... btw in case you're worried about us "arguing"/ debaing in the encumbrance thread and it carrying over here... don't... no grudges no reprisals... if I can stay friends with @Tramp Graphics @tramp despite how much we argue... well that was nothing in comparison... you seemed to get a little frustrated and that's the only reason I'm mentioning it here.... for the record i took no offense and meant no offense.

Yeah, it's fine. I'm pretty good at compartmentalization and don't hold grudges.

I also have a terrible memory, so that helps with the "forget" part of that whole "forgive and forget" thing. :D

Tossing out ideas (no need to consider)

https://star-wars-rpg-ffg.fandom.com/wiki/Corellian_Technologies_Savior_Anti-Grav_Chute

And I don't recall if Jorin has impossible fall yet.

But a missile or two from range to clear a drop zone and then dropping a "small" O(40) group onto the blast sight before the smoke clears with concussive/explosive weaponry and force powers to knock enough of the defenders off a cliff and then land a few gunships.

Also inside the temple you should encounter b'omar monks (brains in jars in spider droud bodies)

3 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Tossing out ideas (no need to consider)

https://star-wars-rpg-ffg.fandom.com/wiki/Corellian_Technologies_Savior_Anti-Grav_Chute

And I don't recall if Jorin has impossible fall yet.

But a missile or two from range to clear a drop zone and then dropping a "small" O(40) group onto the blast sight before the smoke clears with concussive/explosive weaponry and force powers to knock enough of the defenders off a cliff and then land a few gunships.

Also inside the temple you should encounter b'omar monks (brains in jars in spider droud bodies)

Oh, I think he might actually... :)

I guess we can have Jorin perform Impossible Fall and attack the droids.. or infiltrate and scout for the Hutt?

2 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

I guess we can have Jorin perform Impossible Fall and attack the droids.. or infiltrate and scout for the Hutt?

You may want to save impossible fall for a quick exit after grabbing the huttling, and use a grav chute on the way in.

35 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

You may want to save impossible fall for a quick exit after grabbing the huttling, and use a grav chute on the way in.

ooohhh... yeah, I was thinking about that, wasn't sure what Star Wars parachutes would be, if any.. :D

Posting in this pbp has been quite for several days... are people waiting for something to happen or have you just gotten busy in real life?

I'm waiting for other input. This falls out of Ker'see's remit...

I've been both busy in real life and having a bit of a creative block on how to tackle the problem IC.

It looks like anyone - probably with at least a minimal amount of instruction - can use a grav chute (from Suns of Fortune ) for the GFFA equivalent of a HALO (high-altitude/low-opening) drop.

Although I'm not sure how accurate one can be when using a grav chute. The user can't fly (so no gaining of altitude), but are there lateral controls? (Earth parachutes have some form of primitive lateral control, IIRC.)

Strong winds, territorial/curious/hungry native fliers, etc. could affect the accuracy of the drop. Not to mention AA/SAM fire.

Edited by Bellona
8 minutes ago, Bellona said:

It looks like anyone - probably with at least a minimal amount of instruction - can use a grav chute (from Suns of Fortune ) for the GFFA equivalent of a HALO (high-altitude/low-opening) drop.

Although I'm not sure how accurate one can be when using a grav chute. The user can't fly (so no gaining of altitude), but are there lateral controls? (Earth parachutes have some form of primitive lateral control, IIRC.)

Strong winds, territorial/curious/hungry native fliers, etc. could affect the accuracy of the drop. Not to mention AA/SAM fire.

Mireska can just force push us where we need to go, right?

23 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Posting in this pbp has been quite for several days... are people waiting for something to happen or have you just gotten busy in real life?

I've gotten busy in real life and, like Bellona, have been a bit stuck.

The problem with playing out the Battle of Teth is that it is very, very particular, with a lot of story convenience involved. Christophsis was much more open ended and less reliant on things being done a particular way.

In the future, I think we should consider whether a given event is open-ended enough or if it needs adjustment prior to introduction. For example, here, placing the monastery on the ground or on a fortified rise (just not a mesa) would have allowed much more flexibility and creativity in addressing the circumstance. However, there are other plot-convenient happenings after the assault that are complicated to implement in a role-playing game.

42 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I've gotten busy in real life and, like Bellona, have been a bit stuck.

The problem with playing out the Battle of Teth is that it is very, very particular, with a lot of story convenience involved. Christophsis was much more open ended and less reliant on things being done a particular way.

In the future, I think we should consider whether a given event is open-ended enough or if it needs adjustment prior to introduction. For example, here, placing the monastery on the ground or on a fortified rise (just not a mesa) would have allowed much more flexibility and creativity in addressing the circumstance. However, there are other plot-convenient happenings after the assault that are complicated to implement in a role-playing game.

If your pilot minion is with us, he could suggest the parachute idea, in practice he would be more familiar with that piece of equipment due to being trained with it :D

Just now, RuusMarev said:

If your pilot minion is with us, he could suggest the parachute idea, in practice he would be more familiar with that piece of equipment due to being trained with it :D

He's not a pilot, he's just been unceremoniously shoved into the role...

ARF scouts would likely be familiar with it though, and so too Camouflage as an ARC. I'll post IC, I guess.

1 hour ago, Bellona said:

Grav-chutes would have lateral controls.

The old WWII style parachutes (the ones I'm most familiar with) are controlled by pulling on the guidelines (or whatever they're called, I can't remember), which causes it to drift in the selected direction.

Varactyl Squad has jetpacks, so they can already do HALO drops without grav-chutes. If we can rustle up some more jetpacks for the Jedi/supporting clones, that'd be easiest.

The main problem is avoiding detection before the drop. If they know we're coming, there'll be a lot of incoming fire (technically not flak) on our way down.

(as for posting IC, still blocked. I'll post when I can)

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt
2 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Grav-chutes would have lateral controls.

The old WWII style parachutes (the ones I'm most familiar with) are controlled by pulling on the guidelines (or whatever they're called, I can't remember), which causes it to drift in the selected direction.

Varactyl Squad has jetpacks, so they can already do HALO drops without grav-chutes. If we can rustle up some more jetpacks for the Jedi/supporting clones, that'd be easiest.

The main problem is avoiding detection before the drop. If they know we're coming, there'll be a lot of incoming fire (technically not flak) on our way down.

(as for posting IC, still blocked. I'll post when I can)

If you're going in with O(40) sentients to clear a landing zone there won't be enough jetpacks for everyone.

9 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

If you're going in with O(40) sentients to clear a landing zone there won't be enough jetpacks for everyone.

Actually if you flip 2 dp you can have enough jetpacks for 200 sentients.

1 hour ago, EliasWindrider said:

Actually if you flip 2 dp you can have enough jetpacks for 200 sentients.

I'd prefer using the anti-grav chutes in that case.

(I suspect that we'll all be needing those LS Destiny Points later.)

15 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Mireska can just force push us where we need to go, right?

Hah! :D

I wish ... At this point she can lift one pebble if she concentrates. It's Jorin who's the Move titan.

And Mireska can't use Bind on more than one person at a time (for now).

47 minutes ago, Bellona said:

I'd prefer using the anti-grav chutes in that case.

(I suspect that we'll all be needing those LS Destiny Points later.)

Maybe some kind of drop pod? Trying to think if we have one in this system...

Maybe send in some shock troops on jetpacks, enough to clear an LZ for the gunships to swoop in? If they only use their beam weaponry, they'll keep collateral damage to a minimum.