PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Roughly it's Mireska I believe... technically..

I've been thinking of it like mentors, or guidance counselor rather than the Guardian type relationship of proper Master/Padawan... :)

Oops wrong thread

Edited by Jedi Ronin
8 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I figured the Jedi would get the message, go "we're a bit busy" and Camo would volunteer (or be ordered by the Jedi) to go ahead to Teth. For that, I'll either need clearance from @Bellona and @RuusMarev to voice their characters, or it'll require their involvement.

As a side note, the party is currently pretty close to the core group of the movie: Obi-Wan Kenobi/Mireska Tanohdi, Anakin Skywalker/Ker'see, Ahsoka Tano/Jorin, Captain Rex/Camouflage.

Does Jorin have a Jedi Master, or is that being handled loosely?

Canon OWK is a far better duellist and negotiator than Mireska! :D (At least right now, and probably forever - I can't imagine Mireska ever surviving a fight with canon Anakin! :o )

Otherwise it looks like a similar (but not identical) line-up.

Didn't Commander Cody have an equally big role in TWC as Captain Rex? (I'm asking as someone who has not actually watched the series yet.)

It would be great if we could get another clone PC ... It would give Camouflage (and you) another clone officer to bounce dialogue off of without needing either to involve the Jedi or effectively to talk with yourself.

Just now, Bellona said:

Canon OWK is a far better duellist and negotiator than Mireska! :D (At least right now, and probably forever - I can't imagine Mireska ever surviving a fight with canon Anakin! :o )

Well, yes. You have different skill sets and strengths, but I'm being more general.

Just now, Bellona said:

Didn't Commander Cody have an equally big role in TWC as Captain Rex? (I'm asking as someone who has not actually watched the series yet.)

No, not really. Rex was more his own character, Cody was more like an NPC. Certainly in the later seasons, Rex played a much bigger, more independent role. Important to this is that Cody was not much of a free-thinker, whereas Rex was more of a maverick, illustrated well by his choice to desert while Cody just followed Order 66 without question (Legends and Canon).

2 minutes ago, Bellona said:

It would be great if we could get another clone PC ... It would give Camouflage (and you) another clone officer to bounce dialogue off of without needing either to involve the Jedi or effectively to talk with yourself.

Yes. :D
With Fury down, it would be interesting if he was replaced by a clone trooper PC. Maybe put out a recruitment post in the original thread?

We miss you, @ShockHelix !

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

We miss you, @ShockHelix !

Truth!

6 minutes ago, Bellona said:

talk with yourself.

I do do that quite a lot though, so I have practice. :ph34r:

18 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Does Jorin have a Jedi Master, or is that being handled loosely?

Handled loosely. Partly because Ker'see and Mireska only "inherited" him after his first master's death (thanks to Yoda's orders, IIRC), partly because Jorin's interests/talents fall under neither Ker'see's nor Mireska's specialities. He's been learning a bit from both of them, plus doing his own thing.

Mireska might be the official master on record, simply because she's the older of the two. (Come to think of it, Mireska did buy the Master tree ...)

Edited by Bellona

Would Jorin's new abilities help craft an Arm for Havoc? or would it simply be narrative?

On 10/1/2020 at 7:36 PM, EliasWindrider said:

You've got time for 1 mod before you need to focus on the separatists... but if you attempt to mod the crystal away from the temple/crucible. If you mod at the temple any non impossible mod auto succeeds (you just pay the 100 credits like any other mod)

So.. If Jorin goes to the Temple, or Crucible all he has to do is pay the credit cost?

49 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

So.. If Jorin goes to the Temple, or Crucible all he has to do is pay the credit cost?

Correct (for modding attachments)

Jorin doublebladed hilt (attempt 1) : 3eP+3eF+1eD 1 failure, 5 advantage, 3 Dark Side
p-s-a.png p-a-a.png p-a-a.png f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ds.png d-f-f.png

scrap

saber 2nd attempt : 3eP+3eF+1eD 1 success, 2 advantage, 6 Light Side
p-s-a.png p-a-a.png p-s.png f-ls-ls.png f-ls-ls.png f-ls-ls.png d-f-th.png

Ok, 7 advantage (1 added from Maintenance kit, 4 from Light pips.) = Personalized Design and Energy Bleed.

and I'll convert the last two Light pips to Success = 3 success, making construction time down to 6 hours.

@EliasWindrider dose this correction work?

Edited by RuusMarev
Removed what never happened.
1 minute ago, RuusMarev said:

Jorin doublebladed hilt (attempt 1) : 3eP+3eF+1eD 1 failure, 5 advantage, 3 Dark Side

scrap

ooohhh, tempting... but scrap

3rd : 3eP+3eF+1eD 4 advantage, 1 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
p-s-a.png p-a-a.png p-a.png f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ls.png d-f.png

4th : 3eP+3eF+1eD 3 successes, 1 advantage, 2 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
p-a-a.png p-s-s.png p-s-a.png f-ls.png f-ls.png f-ds.png d-th-th.png

5th : 3eP+3eF+1eD 3 successes, 1 threat, 4 Dark Side
p--.png p-s.png p-s-s.png f-ds-ds.png f-ds.png f-ds.png d-th.png

6th : 3eP+3eF+1eD 5 successes, 1 threat, 1 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
p-s-a.png p-s-s.png p-s-s.png f-ds.png f-ls.png f-ds.png d-th-th.png

7th : 3eP+3eF+1eD 3 successes, 1 advantage, 2 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
p-s.png p-s-s.png p-s-a.png f-ds-ds.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png d-f.png

Ok.. I'm done... trying to get that Triumph(s) are killing me 😢

Jorin received an automatic advantage from the use of Lightsaber Maintenance Kit.

Jorin will go with Personalized Design for 3 advantage. (Add automatic Success to results)

and Energy Bleed for 4 advantage. (Gains Stun 2 Quality)

Total cost of wasting his time: 7 attempts reforging to a Double blade-150 credits per=1,050 credits. ... And a rough estimate of 54hrs.. unless I can use light points as success... I'm guessing our GM will designate Dark and Threats as time added?

Overall, I'm guessing it'll take poor Jorin the trip to teth to have a working saber. (We'll work on the Crystals when he has a free moment...)

First **** you're unlucky

Second, Protip... have 2 hilts going at a time... never reforge your current best hilt... always reforge the second best. It adds half of one crafting attempt to the total cost.

Third, on christophsis you take your first successful attempt because you don't have time to grid

after teth (rescuing and returning rotta to jabba) you will have additional time to grind.

20 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

scrap

Ok, 7 advantage (1 added from Maintenance kit, 4 from Light pips.) = Personalized Design and Energy Bleed.

and I'll convert the last two Light pips to Success = 3 success, making construction time down to 6 hours.

@EliasWindrider dose this correction work?

I believe you could use maybe 1 (might need 2) of them for lightweight and reduce fr from enc 2 to enc 1 if you wanted to do that.

4 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

I believe you could use maybe 1 (might need 2) of them for lightweight and reduce fr from enc 2 to enc 1 if you wanted to do that.

oh.. good point. Yes I'll do that. thanks.

Would there be time to adjust one of the crystals as well? (if so, how much of it can Jorin do?

(technical question: if Jorin used a single blade, would that be considered an extended hilt and enable Vicious 1 -replacing the Double's Link 1?)

1 hour ago, RuusMarev said:

Would there be time to adjust one of the crystals as well? (if so, how much of it can Jorin do?

(technical question: if Jorin used a single blade, would that be considered an extended hilt and enable Vicious 1 -replacing the Double's Link 1?)

Effectively the pair of crystals is just one crystal that costs twice as much to mod. There is time for one or 2 mods, no to the free extended hilt.

Edited by EliasWindrider

@Bellona Would Ker'see be able to borrow your lightsaber tools to starting working on her crystal?

Edited by MrTInce
2 hours ago, MrTInce said:

@Bellona Would Ker'see be able to borrow your lightsaber tools to starting working on her crystal?

Sure, except that she was using both the Jedi Multi-Tool and the Standard Lightsabre Weapon Maintenance Kit herself for 6 hours (the failed assembly check) that same evening as finding the crystals, then three hours the next morning before a late breakfast (the successful assembly check plus the one mod that she managed).

So if there's available time after that, then Ker'see is very welcome to borrow the tools ... probably from the local equivalent of 9:00 the day after finding the crystals?

ETA: The weapon maintenance kit is only for standard hilt type lightsabres, so it won't work on shotos, doubled-bladed 'sabres, etc.

Edited by Bellona
46 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Sure, except that she was using both the Jedi Multi-Tool and the Standard Lightsabre Weapon Maintenance Kit herself for 6 hours (the failed assembly check) that same evening as finding the crystals, then three hours the next morning before a late breakfast (the successful assembly check plus the one mod that she managed).

So if there's available time after that, then Ker'see is very welcome to borrow the tools ... probably from the local equivalent of 9:00 the day after finding the crystals?

ETA: The weapon maintenance kit is only for standard hilt type lightsabres, so it won't work on shotos, doubled-bladed 'sabres, etc.

What benefits do they provide?

Just now, MrTInce said:

What benefits do they provide?

The two tools have similar names, but they provide different benefits so they should stack.

Jedi Multi-Tool/Lightsabre Maintenance Kit* (KtP p. 53, RotSep p. 59): automatic +1 Advantage to build , modify , and repair lightsabres. It also counts as a tool kit for the purposes of most Mechanics checks.

Weapon Mainteance Kit for Lightsabres (SS p. 49): +2 Boost to any Mechanics check made to repair, maintain, or modify a lightsabre.

I checked the second tool - the one from Savage Spirits - and realised that it was not as restrictive as I'd thought; the one that Mireska has is for an entire class of weapons ... which would mean lightsabres (all kinds) in this particular case.

* In Keeping the Peace , it is called a Jedi Multi-Tool on the table on p. 50, and a Lightsabre Maintenance Kit in the long description on p. 53. In Rise of the Separatists , it is only called a Lightsabre Maintenance Kit.

10 minutes ago, Bellona said:

The two tools have similar names, but they provide different benefits so they should stack.

Jedi Multi-Tool/Lightsabre Maintenance Kit* (KtP p. 53, RotSep p. 59): automatic +1 Advantage to build , modify , and repair lightsabres. It also counts as a tool kit for the purposes of most Mechanics checks.

Weapon Mainteance Kit for Lightsabres (SS p. 49): +2 Boost to any Mechanics check made to repair, maintain, or modify a lightsabre.

I checked the second tool - the one from Savage Spirits - and realised that it was not as restrictive as I'd thought; the one that Mireska has is for an entire class of weapons ... which would mean lightsabres (all kinds) in this particular case.

* In Keeping the Peace , it is called a Jedi Multi-Tool on the table on p. 50, and a Lightsabre Maintenance Kit in the long description on p. 53. In Rise of the Separatists , it is only called a Lightsabre Maintenance Kit.

Do they allow benefits for crystal modding?

Just now, MrTInce said:

Do they allow benefits for crystal modding?

A crystal is a weapon attachment, so modifying a crystal is the equivalent of modifying a weapon. Therefore both tools help when modifying crystals.

Oh good. Going to want that lower cost critical.

7 hours ago, Bellona said:

AW man... where would Jorin be able to acquire Weapons Maintenance Kit for Lightsabers?

4 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

AW man... where would Jorin be able to acquire Weapons Maintenance Kit for Lightsabers?

You can buy one at the temple.