PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

6 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Looking forward to seeing your ic post. After you break the shield generator the shield will come down and you'll have to deal with ventress.

She got a crap initiative check, no triumph, 8 success and 5 advantage (the corrupted crystal gives her a free ds pip on force power checks) btw she showed up with a force die committed to sense defense

Initiative : 5eP+4eF 4 successes, 5 advantage, 2 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
p-s-s.png p-a-a.png p-s-a.png p-s.png p-a-a.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds.png

😈

.... speaking of dire need..... let us pray...

1 hour ago, RuusMarev said:

.... speaking of dire need..... let us pray...

I edited the post with ventress' turn at the end of this round, and Mireska will be one over wounds and therefore unconscious at Ventress' feet. 😈

@MrTInce do you want to roll initiative to be able to snipe next turn?

Edited by EliasWindrider

@RuusMarev roll a fear check. Discipline or cool vs 1 red 2 purple and 2 black.

2 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Draw closer on Mireska : 5eP+4eF+2eC+4eS 2 successes, 6 advantage, 1 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
p-a-a.png p-s-a.png p-a-a.png p-a-a.png p-s-a.png f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ls.png f-ds.png c--.png c--.png s--.png s--.png s-th.png s-th.png

Oops I forgot to remove a setback for custom grip (drop the one off the end) and add a boost

Missing boost : 1eB 1 success
b-s.png

So 15 damage minus 4 for parry equals 11 and 9 advantage, on top of the 7 Mireska already has that will bring Mireska to 18 which is 1 over threshold which renders Mireska unconscious, 2 will be used for djem sum disarming Mireska and the other 7 for a crit +30 +10 for vicious

Crit on Mireska : 1d100+40 47

Head ringer +purple to intellect and cunning checks until the end of the encounter

I'm just trying to understand the underlying math/mechanics here ...

9 Advantages - 2 (used for Djem Sum) - 2 (trigger a Critical Injury) - 2 (+10 on CI table) - 2 (another +10 on CI table) = 1 Advantage left over

Critical Injury to be rolled at +20 (2nd and 3rd CI trigger) +10 (Vicious 1) = +30 on the CI table ... so where did the last +10 come from on that +40 roll?

Also, the damage itself put Mireska beyond her WT, which results in a CI all of its own, presumably at +10 (from the first CI) ... or did you include it in the above roll for some reason?

Another question: are we still allowed to request specific CIs with a view to battle scars?

Just now, Bellona said:

9 Advantages - 2 (used for Djem Sum) - 2 (trigger a Critical Injury) - 2 (+10 on CI table) - 2 (another +10 on CI table) = 1 Advantage left over

Critical Injury to be rolled at +20 (2nd and 3rd CI trigger) +10 (Vicious 1) = +30 on the CI table ... so where did the last +10 come from on that +40 roll?

Also, the damage itself put Mireska beyond her WT, which results in a CI all of its own, presumably at +10 (from the first CI) ... or did you include it in the above roll for some reason?

Another question: are we still allowed to request specific CIs with a view to battle scars?

Crit for exceeding WT.

Then you add add the +30 from triggering crits and the +10 from Vicious.

6 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Crit for exceeding WT.

Then you add add the +30 from triggering crits and the +10 from Vicious.

Aren't they supposed to be two separate CIs? One for the actual attack, one for the results exceeding the WT.

Edited by Bellona
2 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Aren't they supposed to be two separate CIs? One for the actual attack, one for exceeding the WT.

I tend to handle it as two as they are technically coming from different sources.

2 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Aren't they supposed to be two separate CIs? One for the actual attack, one for exceeding the WT.

No. Just one per hit.

As Ker'see was expecting this I will roll cool:

Initiative : 2eP+1eA 3 successes, 1 advantage
p-s-s.png p-a.png a-s.png

11 minutes ago, Bellona said:

The critical rating of her saber is 1. So that would be "7 crits" (scare quotes) ieach "extra crit" on the same attack adds +5 to the roll to 6x5=30+10 from vicious. I initially forgot a bonus success on a successful attack from personalized design which put you at rather than over your threshold so I didn't factor it into the critical hit roll. Sure you can choose a scar talent from the same difficulty.

Edited by EliasWindrider
3 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

As Ker'see was expecting this I will roll cool:

Initiative : 2eP+1eA 3 successes, 1 advantage
p-s-s.png p-a.png a-s.png

Mireska will cede her high Initiative slot to Ker'see. :D

2 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

The critical rating of her saber is 1. So that would be "7 crits" (scare quotes) ieach "extra crit" adds +5 to the roll to 6x5=30+10 from vicious.

You listed her crit rating as 2 on that character sheet.

And it's +10 per extra trigger on the same attack.

Edited by Bellona

What will the difficulty be of the shot when Ker'see needs to make it?

34 minutes ago, Bellona said:

You listed her crit rating as 2 on that character sheet.

And it's +10 per extra trigger on the same attack.

Check again... the corrupted crystal is 1, the dragite gem is 3. +10 is for real crits from separate attacks I'm pretty sure that it's +5 per extra activation of the critical hit special ability of a weapon.

She gets 2 bonus advantage from superior and fine tuned emitter... that may be what you're mis remembering as a critical rating.

You're right about the +10 vs +5, I must have been thinking about the juyo berseker conflict talent. Ill blame my poor memory on being a parent of 2 small kids that drive me crazy. So it should have been 7+80 or 87 when all things were correctly factored, so compromised add a purple to all checks until the encounter not just intellect and cunning checks.

Edited by EliasWindrider
6 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

What will the difficulty be of the shot when Ker'see needs to make it?

Your at extreme range, you're facing 5 upgrades and 3 setback. With you're range reducing scope I think that works out to 4 red and 3 black.

If she's engaged with an allied character (currently Mireska) add an extra upgrade.

Edited by EliasWindrider
Just now, EliasWindrider said:

Your at extreme range, you're facing 5 upgrades and 3 setback. With you're range reducing scope I think that works out to 4 red and 3 black.

What are the 5 upgrades from, may I ask?

1 minute ago, MrTInce said:

What are the 5 upgrades from, may I ask?

Adversary 3, and sense defense double upgrade.

A 6th upgrade if she's engaged with an allied character (currently Mireska is at her feet)

Edited by EliasWindrider

I thought I was shooting at the Separatist Commander.

1 minute ago, MrTInce said:

I thought I was shooting at the Separatist Commander.

He's still inside his command center and your allies are in danger.

Just now, EliasWindrider said:

He's still inside his command center and your allies are in danger.

Righto.

23 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

Righto.

The best laid plans of devaronians and woman go awry. I dont think I ever promised that you'd be able to assassinate loathsome.

Edited by EliasWindrider
3 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Check again... the corrupted crystal is 1, the dragite gem is 3.

She gets 2 bonus advantage from superior and fine tuned emitter... that may be what you're mis remembering as a critical rating.

Yep, that's what happened - my eye got caught on the lightsabre dice pool's advantages, not the the weapon's actual critical rating.

3 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Sure you can choose a scar talent from the same difficulty.

Great!

I'm interested in the Close Call battle scar which will give Mireska the chance to buy the Time To Go talent.

The rolled CI is Compromised, which is an Average CI. There are two CIs which match that difficulty under Close Call: your choice of Bowled Over (knocked prone, +1 Strain) or Winded (until end of encounter: can't voluntarily suffer Strain to activate abilities/gain additional manoeuvres). The scar talent will cost 15 XP when I buy it.

Edited by Bellona

Jorin, face your fear : 2eA+2eP+1eC+2eD+2eS 2 successes, 1 advantage
a-s-a.png a-a.png p-s-a.png p-s-a.png c--.png d-th.png d-th-th.png s-f.png s--.png

thankyouthankyou.. Digital Dice Gods are merciful!

7 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Check again... the corrupted crystal is 1, the dragite gem is 3. +10 is for real crits from separate attacks I'm pretty sure that it's +5 per extra activation of the critical hit special ability of a weapon.

You're right about the +10 vs +5, I must have been thinking about the juyo berseker conflict talent. Ill blame my poor memory on being a parent of 2 small kids that drive me crazy. So it should have been 7+80 or 87 when all things were correctly factored, so compromised add a purple to all checks until the encounter not just intellect and cunning checks.

No, each extra activation is +10. It's always +10, whether Lethal Blows, extra activations of the Critical Rating, Vicious, or previous crits.

And you only roll 1 crit per hit.

5 hours ago, Bellona said:

Yep, that's what happened - my eye got caught on the lightsabre dice pool's advantages, not the the weapon's actual critical rating.

Great!

I'm interested in the Close Call battle scar which will give Mireska the chance to buy the Time To Go talent.

The rolled CI is Compromised, which is an Average CI. There are two CIs which match that difficulty under Close Call: your choice of Bowled Over (knocked prone, +1 Strain) or Winded (until end of encounter: can't voluntarily suffer Strain to activate abilities/gain additional manoeuvres). The scar talent will cost 15 XP when I buy it.

I'll be merciful for narrative reasons Mireska's was knocked prone +1 strain which basically is no effect since she were over her wound threshold (which set strain to threshold).

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

No, each extra activation is +10. It's always +10, whether Lethal Blows, extra activations of the Critical Rating, Vicious, or previous crits.

And you only roll 1 crit per hit.

Um You quoted my edit saying she was right. The +5 I was confusing it with was the "juyo savagery" talent. I'm blaming it on being a tired parent.