PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

40 minutes ago, Bellona said:

As a player, I've got a personal theory as to how that particular plot could be twisted to fit this campaign ... but no real grounds for suspicion as a PC. So I'll keep mum on that point.

Let the OOC conspiracy theories be unleashed! :)

I'd like to hear your theory.

4 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@EliasWindrider , any inkling of the spy?

Perhaps a Computers check would be in order?

Or is that plotline still a ways off?

PC's voted for the spy not to reveal themselves on christophsis so as per group decision it'll be down the road.

So what's next for us? Are we gearing up for this conflict?

11 hours ago, MrTInce said:

So what's next for us? Are we gearing up for this conflict?

I believe so..

I thought the plan was for you to try to take out loathsome and end losing your sabers with ilum crystals to ventress.

But if people prefer something else we can alter course.

I'm up for almost anything.

Did Ventress chase off Kenobi/Skywalker/Tano in the original version, or did she flee "with the goods" (if any)?

7 hours ago, Bellona said:

I'm up for almost anything.

Did Ventress chase off Kenobi/Skywalker/Tano in the original version, or did she flee "with the goods" (if any)?

as I remember, Ventress wasn't on Christophis in main canon.. Dooku sent her to kidnap Rota and hide in the monastery.

4 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

as I remember, Ventress wasn't on Christophis in main canon.. Dooku sent her to kidnap Rota and hide in the monastery.

She was on Christophsis in Canon, The Hidden Enemy I think is the name of the episode. The one with Slick.

@EliasWindrider , can Camouflage make a Knowledge (Warfare) check, maybe with assistance, to predict where Whorm Loathsome will be during the attack?

The Seek basic power (FaD p. 302) has two different uses. The first one: "... user may spend [FP] [FP] to gain insight into the general location or direction of a person or object that he knows about, regardless of current distance from him ..."

This could - possibly with some triangulation - allow Mireska to give Ker'see a more precise idea of where to aim her Farsight power.

I was thinking more along the lines of Foresee, which I don't think either of you have, trying to predict where he will be, not so much where he is.

Just now, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I was thinking more along the lines of Foresee, which I don't think either of you have, trying to predict where he will be, not so much where he is.

The basic version of Foresee only helps the user.

1 minute ago, Bellona said:

The basic version of Foresee only helps the user.

Yeah. Like I said, I don't think either of you have it.

Though perhaps that was a bit carelessly phrased. I meant "don't have the ability to do what was requested."

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Yeah. Like I said, I don't think either of you have it.

Though perhaps that was a bit carelessly phrased. I meant "don't have the ability to do what was requested."

But the Seek basic power (mentioned above), which Mireska does have, could help.

Just now, Bellona said:

But the Seek basic power (mentioned above), which Mireska does have, could help.

But only with where he is now, right?

Just now, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Yep. But that's better than nothing, particularly if high-Perception Ker'see then uses her Farsight power (which can even see through walls in some cases).

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

If Mireska can tell us where he is a small group could try to get close. She tries again and once we are close enough Ker'see tries to Farsight.

Just now, Bellona said:

Yep. But that's better than nothing, particularly if high-Perception Ker'see then uses her Farsight power (which can even see through walls in some cases).

Especially if we see him meeting with a certain someone... :ph34r:

Worth a try right?

I think so. Camouflage shouldn't need too much convincing, but he at least needs it explained to him.

@EliasWindrider

Seeing as Loathsom is a named PC (Rival or Nemesis, I assume), he should get a chance to resist Mireska's use of the Seek basic power to find him - probably her Discipline vs. his Discipline.

Therefore I need to know which dice to add to Mireska's dice pool for that opposed Force power check, please.

Edited by Bellona
Wording.

Maybe Mireska should start with a Knowledge (Xenology) roll to become better able to identify a kerkoidian individual's characteristics?

8 minutes ago, Bellona said:

@EliasWindrider

Seeing as Loathsom is a named PC (Rival or Nemesis, I assume), he should get a chance to resist Mireska's use of the Seek basic power to find him - probably her Discipline vs. his Discipline.

Therefore I need to know what dice to add to Mireska's dice pool for that opposed check, please.

I would argue you aren't using the power "against" him, as it has no effect on him. If he were a Force user, I could see an argument that he's trying to disguise his presence, but I'd personally rule that it doesn't require an opposed check in this case.

In other applications of Seek, it would be different though, and that is, I imagine, why it is cited in the Opposing Force Checks sidebar (Vigilance making particular sense for this explanation).

In that case, here is a bare bones Force power check ...

Seek basic power - Find Loathsom! : 4eF 6 Light Side
f-ls.png f-ls.png f-ls-ls.png f-ls-ls.png

So Mireska does indeed gain some "insight into the general location or direction" of Loathsom.

If it's direction (her preference), then she can try to find him again two more times (with new rolls) in order to triangulate his location.

3 minutes ago, Bellona said:

In that case, here is a bare bones Force power check ...

Seek basic power - Find Loathsom! : 4eF 6 Light Side
f-ls.png f-ls.png f-ls-ls.png f-ls-ls.png

So Mireska does indeed gain some "insight into the general location or direction" of Loathsom.

If it's direction (her preference), then she can try to find him again two more times (with new rolls) in order to triangulate his location.

To the Jedi Mobile!

What do people think - is the GAR garrison compound big enough that Mireska could get three direction readings on Loathsom, thereby triangulating his location?