PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Just now, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

No, 4/4. At least, their statblock in the EotE CRB is 4/4.

Either way you take >4 out, I'll check the RotS statblock and get back to you.

Ah. Either way for some reason I thought that the Phalanx was 5 minions wide and not 4, so my math is definitely wrong regardless.

Just now, ShockHelix said:

Ah. Either way for some reason I thought that the Phalanx was 5 minions wide and not 4, so my math is definitely wrong regardless.

It actually is 4/5 in RotS. I guess the EotE stat block is for aged and decrepit battle droids (hence, "antiquated"), which makes sense.

To make sure we're all on the same page, I'm waiting for @ShockHelix to post Condor's turn from last round IC before I post Camouflage opening the door.

On 6/4/2020 at 7:35 AM, MrTInce said:

Will use my once per session use of Quick Fix to use agility for a skill check.

Lightsaber crafting : 1eP+5eA+3eB+2eD 5 successes, 5 advantage
p-s.png a-s-s.png a-a-a.png a-a.png a-s-a.png a-s.png b-s-a.png b--.png b-a-a.png d-th.png d-f-th.png

So with advantages:

3 with Personalised Design.

1 with Two handed.

1 with lightweight.

With that many successes, the hilt itself only takes one hour to craft (assuming a standard lightsabre hilt).

2 hours ago, Bellona said:

With that many successes, the hilt itself only takes one hour to craft (assuming a standard lightsabre hilt).

Standard indeed. Although I am somewhat regretting not going double or polearm...

17 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

Standard indeed. Although I am somewhat regretting not going double or polearm...

Apparently the linked from double doesn't stack with saberswarm.

2 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Apparently the linked from double doesn't stack with saberswarm.

True, but it does link with certain other abilities... 😈

20 hours ago, MrTInce said:

True, but it does link with certain other abilities... 😈

Oh, do share... :D

While I haven't actually played Fallen Order, the Jedi character's saber is an interesting design (normal saber with a detachable shoto/ double bladed saber.)

So, with the new saber and a new talent Ker'see will but it to the test, choosing a random target within medium range.

Maneuver to Saber swarm, True aim and Saber throw action. My target hasn't acted to lets add a boost for quick strike.

Testing new saber : 6eP+2eB+3eF+2eD 6 successes, 4 advantage, 1 Triumph, 3 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
p-s-a.png p-s-a.png p-s-a.png p-tr.png p-s.png p-s-a.png b--.png b-s-a.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ls.png d--.png d-f-th.png

Plus one auto success.

That's enough force pips to send and recover the saber, spending 1 triumph and 2 advantage to activate linked three.

Target takes 18 damage 4 times or 72 damage...

That bounty hunter is going down.

Edited by MrTInce

@MrTInce : Impressive! That True Aim x2 really pays off! :)

@EliasWindrider : Aside from presumably recognising the bounty hunter who just attacked Ker'see as being the same one who was at Petranaki Arena on Geonosis, what do we know about him?

Do we know that it's Jango Fett?

Do we know that he's the clone template?

Do we know about his True Mandalorian connection, and that he's the TMs' Mand'alor ? (Assuming that we're going with Legends on this point, and that the pacifistic New Mandalorians just reject him because his ideology doesn't fit their pacifism.)

(Sorry about probably repeating some of these questions. Would you consider a Dramatis Personae list at the bottom of the first OOC post, listing relevant NPCs and what we know about them? That might reduce the extra questions.)

@RuusMarev

Jorin:
*Sees anything*
Ooo... Shiny!

Mireska:
What lightsaber styles and forms appeal to you, young Jorin?

Jorin:
ALL OF THE THINGS!!!

4 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@RuusMarev

Jorin:
*Sees anything*
Ooo... Shiny!

Mireska:
What lightsaber styles and forms appeal to you, young Jorin?

Jorin:
ALL OF THE THINGS!!!

He is pretty young and impressionable 😁

He really wants to live up to the faith the clones have in him (Jedi)...

8 hours ago, MrTInce said:

So, with the new saber and a new talent Ker'see will but it to the test, choosing a random target within medium range.

Maneuver to Saber swarm, True aim and Saber throw action. My target hasn't acted to lets add a boost for quick strike.

Testing new saber : 6eP+2eB+3eF+2eD 6 successes, 4 advantage, 1 Triumph, 3 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
p-s-a.png p-s-a.png p-s-a.png p-tr.png p-s.png p-s-a.png b--.png b-s-a.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ls.png d--.png d-f-th.png

Plus one auto success.

That's enough force pips to send and recover the saber, spending 1 triumph and 2 advantage to activate linked three.

Target takes 18 damage 4 times or 72 damage...

That bounty hunter is going down.

Note that this is stun damage, and how are you getting 18 (remember deadly accuracy only applies to the first hit of an attack)

4 hours ago, Bellona said:

@MrTInce : Impressive! That True Aim x2 really pays off! :)

@EliasWindrider : Aside from presumably recognising the bounty hunter who just attacked Ker'see as being the same one who was at Petranaki Arena on Geonosis, what do we know about him?

Do we know that it's Jango Fett?

Do we know that he's the clone template?

Do we know about his True Mandalorian connection, and that he's the TMs' Mand'alor ? (Assuming that we're going with Legends on this point, and that the pacifistic New Mandalorians just reject him because his ideology doesn't fit their pacifism.)

(Sorry about probably repeating some of these questions. Would you consider a Dramatis Personae list at the bottom of the first OOC post, listing relevant NPCs and what we know about them? That might reduce the extra questions.)

You belief he's jango Fett

You don't know that he's the clone template.

We have not gone with legends about the TM's Mandalore.

Yes to the dramatis personae (I'm pretty sure that's Latin, I took french plus 1 year of Spanish in high school rather than Latin and yeah Latin was an option at the Catholic high school I attended, but I feels latin), but I'll do it later.

You belief he's jango Fett

You don't know that he's the clone template.

We have not gone with legends about the TM's Mandalore.

Yes to the dramatis personae (I'm pretty sure that's Latin, I took french plus 1 year of Spanish in high school rather than Latin and yeah Latin was an option at the Catholic high school I attended, but I feels latin), but I'll do it later.

So the face inside Jango Fett's helmet is unknown to the galaxy at large (and OWK's not talking about it either). JF might still be a Mandalorian?

Thanks for the info, and for agreeing on the list (later is fine - I understand that RL is more important!).

Dramatis Personae is indeed Latin. It's the list of characters at the front of a theatre play script. Scripts used to have more Latin in them, e.g., "exit" ("he/she leaves") and exeunt ("they leave"). (If you want to be amused, check out the Shakespeare Programming Language (SPL), an esoteric programming language according to Wikipedia.)

... And I took the Latin option at my high school. Fours years of it! :)

Edited by Bellona

Note that this is stun damage, and how are you getting 18 (remember deadly accuracy only applies to the first hit of an attack)

According to the talent its any hit:

Each time the character gains a rank of Deadly Accuracy, he must choose one combat skill. The character may add his basic training ranks in that combat skill to any damage inflicted while using it. He may not choose the same combat skill twice.

18 damage is 6 from the weapon's base damage. It's two handed so that adds one damage taking it to 7. 4 lightsaber ranks adds 4 to the damage up to 11. 6 successes from the dice gives us 17 and one auto success from the "personalized design" from the hilt crafting rounds it up to 18.

2 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

Each time the character gains a rank of Deadly Accuracy, he must choose one combat skill. The character may add his basic training ranks in that combat skill to any damage inflicted while using it. He may not choose the same combat skill twice.

18 damage is 6 from the weapon's base damage. It's two handed so that adds one damage taking it to 7. 4 lightsaber ranks adds 4 to the damage up to 11. 6 successes from the dice gives us 17 and one auto success from the "personalized design" from the hilt crafting rounds it up to 18.

GM: Ummm GIF by memecandy - Find & Share on GIPHY

2 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

From the EotE CRB full talent description (emphasis mine):

Each time the character gains a rank of Deadly Accuracy, he must choose one combat skill. The character may add his basic training ranks in that combat skill as additional damage to one hit of a successful attack made with that skill with non-starship/vehicle weapons. He cannot choose the same combat skill twice.

7 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

From the EotE CRB full talent description (emphasis mine):

My bad, I must be looking at incorrect notes of the talent.

So applying it to the first hit only takes the stun damage down to 60 overall.

4 hours ago, Bellona said:

So the face inside Jango Fett's helmet is unknown to the galaxy at large (and OWK's not talking about it either). JF might still be a Mandalorian?

Thanks for the info, and for agreeing on the list (later is fine - I understand that RL is more important!).

Dramatis Personae is indeed Latin. It's the list of characters at the front of a theatre play script. Scripts used to have more Latin in them, e.g., "exit" ("he/she leaves") and exeunt ("they leave"). (If you want to be amused, check out the Shakespeare Programming Language (SPL), an esoteric programming language according to Wikipedia.)

... And I took the Latin option at my high school. Fours years of it! :)

JF is commonly believed to be mandalorian, but some mandalorians reject him

4 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Beyond the damage to one hit... I'm not sure throwing qualifies as having 2 hands on the weapon by RAW. The extended hilt attachment, which is similar to the two handed crafting upgrade, says you only get the +1 when you have 2 hands on the weapon, so I'm not saying no to that +1 but I need a good argument to convince me that you get that particular +1 when you throw it.

Edited by EliasWindrider

@EliasWindrider I believe the droids are up again?

1 minute ago, ShockHelix said:

Will do later.

14 minutes ago, ShockHelix said:

Wait, don't you still need to post Condor's latest turn?

Nevermind, I realized you rolled the two turns into a single post. My bad.

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt