PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: IC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

"Sadly the Jedi teachings only really focus on a lightsaber, if you wish to go beyond that to something different then let me know..."

Camouflage nods to Jorin, "Anytime, kid." the ARC said happily. He turns to the Generals, "Mind if I ask where exactly the boys and I are headed? We're itching to get into the action, aren't we boys?" the troopers respond in the affirmative and Havoc rolls his neck, "Hopefully our luck will change back." he growled. "Ah, we make our own luck Havoc." Ghost declared. "Says the man with all the luck..." Hawk returned. "Alright, alright, stow the gab." Camouflage said, "The general said 'at ease' not 'free to argue about the philosophy of luck or the lack thereof.' Sorry, generals."

"No need for apologies, Camouflage." Mireska said. "I'm sure that Condor and his men can show you the ropes around here. Ker'see and I will take care of finding a place for Jorin here."

"Ah, the 'superior models.' Thanks General." He salutes Mireska and pats Jorin on the shoulder, then waves for his men to follow and walks towards the commandos.

Jorin nervously watches Camouflage leave, it's the first time they've been separated since... the incident.. Jorin does his best to push the feeling to the side.. Superior models? he asks Mireska.

"Errm, to be honest, I'm not actually sure. It might be something to do with batch differences or seniority, or with their different combat roles." Mireska replied. "While you could try asking him at dinner in the commissary, you might rather want to ask at a quieter time if the explanation is long, or ... a sensitive matter."

Jorin looked back as Camouflage walked away. Huh... Where do I go now Masters? Jorin asked.

"We'll get you quarters assigned next to both Ker'see's and mine. You can meet Duchess too. It's early afternoon local time, so I hope that they fed you lunch on the way here. If not, then we give you a ration pack while we give you a quick sitrep on Christophsis in the operational headquarters. After that we'll check on what schoolwork still needs to be covered, by both speaking with you and checking the records that came with you." Mireska gestured to the holomessage disc which she still held.

"Hopefully it won't take too long to sort out which correspondance courses you still need and set up a flexible plan. After that, we hit the gym - no proper salles here, just the open areas for various indoor ball games - and you get to show us what you know of the Forms and their katas," Mireska smiled at Ker'see. "By the time we're done with that and have cleaned up, it'll be dinner time. Unless you feel extremely motivated to discuss 'lineage tips and tricks', you get the evening off to settle in."

[OOC - And now I suggest a screenwipe. All that stuff would be necessary in-story, but probably not super exciting. Unless @MrTInce wants to do something with Duchess. :) ]

Edited by Bellona
That was post #1,000 for me (on the FFG boards)!!!!

Oh, we have a member of a royal family here? Jorin asked, Was she stranded here, or is she part of a Christophis royal family?

"The Duchess is grace and regality personified," adds Ker'see with a small and rare smile. "You'll meet her soon but I best go see how she is." Ker'see heads off to see her companion...

"More like a member of the erinaceus felidae family, native to Cholganna ..." as the three Jedi left the vicinity of the landing pad, Mireska could be heard regaling the hapless Jorin about one of her favourite subjects, xenology, and more specifically the habits of the Cholgannan nexu.

Edited by Bellona
Wording.

Later that evening in the mess hall, the jedi generals receive an urgent communique from admiral yularen on their personal holo comlinks. Admiral yularen is on the bridge of his command ship, you can see and hear alarms flashing in the background along with the bustle of frantic activity and shouting of orders. Clearly something is horribly urgent is happening in orbit. You can see admiral yularen occasionally shake and catch his balance. Generals, we are under attack, the separatists fleet has returned in greater numbers than before, and our fleet must withdraw immediately or be destroyed. I'm sorry generals, but you'll be on your own for a while. Yularen out. the transmission ends abruptly without giving the jedi a chance to reply.

Mireska sighed and looked regretfully at the remains of her dinner. "Well then, we'd better go to the operations centre and see what needs to be done," she said as she rose up.

She pushed in her abandoned chair, dropped her tray off at the racks, and proceeded calmly out of the mess hall and towards the central hub of GAR activity on Christophsis.

Jorin hurries to follow, stuffing a couple of dinner rolls into his tunic. M-Master Mireska... did the Admiral just leave ? What will happen now?

Camouflage stays long enough to scarf down the few last forkfuls of his meal, then slams his helmet on and rushes after Jorin. "Probably a ground battle kid. Hopefully we can take a proactive approach. Static defense isn't our specialty."

Jorin glanced around quickly, then matched Camouflage's pace. Lieutenant, I have a question.. He whispered, It might be ..personal.. But it's been bothering me.

Camouflage looks at him quizzically from under his helmet, "Sure kid, what's up?"

You made a comment about another group of troopers being superior models .. I thought the troopers were all the same...since..well, umm... you are all clones?

Camouflage chuckles, slowing down as they catch up to the general. "Officially, yes. Technically? It's more complicated. The commandos have better training than the rank-and-file, and many fancy themselves superior. If you ask me, their reputation is greatly exaggerated. The Battle of Geonosis broke the 'invincibility' myth."

Oh.. Jorin nodded.. he looked up at the clone, Kinda like Padawan, Knights, and Masters then?

Camouflage nearly trips, quite taken aback by Jorin's comparison, "Umm... not really.. I mean, I guess you can make that comparison, but it's not really all that, uh, comparable." He struggles over his words as he tries to come up with a better way to explain it. "You Jedi have different specialties within your order, right? Well I guess it's kinda like that. You've got the troopers, the engineers, the naval officers, et cetera. Then you have another tier, and that's the special forces. That would be the commandos and the ARCs. We have more intensive training in a broader selection of fields and are more independent. So I guess that would be sort of like the difference between a Jedi Healer knight compared to a Jedi Healer master." He concludes, gesturing to Mireska. He rubs the back of his neck, trying to figure out if that is even a proper comparison.

Huh.. Jorin just looked at Mireska then back at Camouflage. Maybe I'll understand after I get more experience.. Might be sooner than I think....

Scant minutes later the jedi and clones arrive in the garrisons command center. The room is alert and bustling but not tense. Commander Cody report, Generals and commander, the separatists sent a few bombers our way, but they weren't able to make so much as a dent in our shields. If we can keep their big guns on the outside of our shield, we'll be able to hold out as long as our supplies last and we're pretty well stocked. Of course, I expect that you will want to take a more proactive approach to the situation to make sure their big guns don't get under our shields. The CIS has started sending down drop ships. Pretty soon, we should have a good idea of what we're up against just by counting the number of landings they make.

Edited by EliasWindrider

Camouflage rubs his hands together and peers at the holomap intensely, an idea already beginning to form in his mind as he examines projected landing sites.

"Droids again, commander?" asks Ker'see.