PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: IC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

After seeing her compatriots off Ker'see makes her way through the building to find a suitable sniper nest, bow in its sheath on her back. Most would scoff at her choice of weapon stating a sniper rifle is an inherently better choice for long range engagement. While this might be true to most the bow was an overall more tactical weapon. She had earned this one after taking out an enemy and she carried on the tradition. The amulet around her hand was made from the weapon of the bounty hunter. Jedi weren't meant to have attachments but having the physical reminder helped her and bolstered her skills.

She came to a door in the building and it was locked. She took out her blade and quickly swished it through the lock and then easily pushed it aside. The Duchess prowled alongside her master, nose to the air looking fir any enemies.

The Devaronian hadn't spent enough time teaching her ally how to track enemy droids yet, but with the project time frame of the way there would be time...

Her commlink lit up but she ignored it, no doubt her clone squad wanting progress... They weren't a bad bunch just eager to prove themselves, earn a name in this conflict. They would find there place but she wasn't sure if it was with her.

The sign on the wall read 3rd floor. This is it. She opened the door and began looking for a place to set up. I've got to focus, my friends need me.

The streets of Chaleydonia were full of debris from previous bombardments. Mireska spared a few thoughts for both the native population and how much re-buillding would be necessary to get the city back into shape when the Separatists left again - or even better, the war ended. Senator Organa's relief mission was sorely needed, but I'm glad that he's left the planet. Keeping him safe under these circumstances would not be fun.

A vague whisper in the Force and a sudden prickling on the back of her neck told her that something was amiss. We're being watched, and in conditions like this that's probably not a good thing.

"Padawan, don't look - but I sense that we're being observed."

Mireska managed to hold back verbal profanity as she saw out of the corner of her eye the startled Jorin impulsively swivel the canon and then catch its barrels on some ill-placed debris. Internally, however, came a long, drawn-out Sithspiiiiiit! as she struggled to bring the speederbike back under control.

That Force-damned sidecar - I'm not used to having one of those things hanging off the side! ... Oh no! As the BARC skidded around another pile of debris, a previously-unseen broken lamp post caught the undercarriage and forced the vehicle into a sudden spin before it broke free and rolled off to the side of the road, dumping a stunned Mireska onto the pavement. Vaguely, as if off in the distance, she could hear the sound of Ethan's BARC coming up from behind them.

Mireska lifted her head up dizzily. Not more than a couple of metres away she could see their own speeder bike, at rest against the rolled-down security shutter protecting a shop. Jorin's dark head poked cautiously up over the edge of the sidecar.

The Force protects the young - it looks like he's in one piece. And the speeder bike might be salvageable. But not right this instant - owww, my head. Not to mention other things. Physician, heal thyself?

Edited by Bellona

(Accidental double post.)

Edited by Bellona

Seeing the accident that just happened in front of him Shin slowed down to make sure they were alright. Suddenly he felt the force. They weren't alone. Shots heading for Jorin, and then Mireska. He did a flip of his BARC and landed right by Mireska and Jorin. He deflected as much of the shots as he could. Snipers.

Edited by jhh3

Camouflage and Anakkona communicate briefly with hand signals as Condor's LAAT/i approaches. Camouflage flares his jetpack's thrusters as he poises to leap, "Steady boys, we'll only get one shot at this…"

Ghost stretches and flares his jetpack, "Those commandos had better've opened the doors! You holding up Havoc?"

Havoc nods and cracks his neck as the LAAT comes into view.

Camouflage times it carefully… "GO, GO, GO!" With a sudden rush, all seven clones leap into the air on an intercept course with the gunship. It rushes past, slowing for just a moment, and they all enter the troop bay nearly simultaneously. They grab onto handles, commandos, or anything else that presents itself to steady their landing and avoid the fate of Fury, who crashes through into the back of the LAAT and gets tangled up in the speeder racks. Hawk hurries back to help him up as Camouflage reports to Condor, "100%, punch it!" Condor does just that, accelerating again and speeding towards the landing site. "'05, '26, blow the charges." Anakkona and Ghost type the detonation command into their wrist comms and they all hear the gratifying sound of the charges detonating and the buildings collapsing.

"That blew up real good…" Ghost said happily, as Shadow let out a sharp whistle between his teeth.

Camouflage laughed, "Well we’re about to see some real fireworks. Clones! Time to lock and load!" The Varactyls straighten themselves out behind the closed blast shields and line up next to the commandos of Balyeg squad, double-checking their weapons and getting ready for a hot-drop.

Mireska had barely looked around when a closely-spaced series of blaster shots zipped through the air towards the three Jedi. Ethan neatly dodged the one aimed at himself, then threw himself into an frenzied acrobatic dance to do his best to catch and reflect the shots aimed at Mireska and Jorin. While he did well, some of the shots still managed to strike their targets.

Both Jorin and Mireska let out near-simultaneous grunts of pain as those shots struck home. Mireska was hit badly in her leg, and felt her dizziness increase as she blinked furiously in a desperate attempt to re-centre her focus. We need to find cover, right now! was the only thought in her mind.

Edited by Bellona
Specified location of hit to justify Crippling Blow talent's effect.

Finding the ideal position Ker'see sets up, favoured bow in hand. She could see her compatriots down below and taking heavy fire from a sniper. Luckily the jedi could see the target. It was beyond the normal range of her bow but a person with her skill needn't worry. The energy crackled to life and she took it in hand. She pulled back as the arrow formed into being with a snap of plasma. She focused, taking aim allowing the force to flow through but at the last moment rejecting it as she didn't want to take this shot with darkness wrapped around her. Once secured in her shot she let go and the arrow streaked across the landscape with a buzz.

The arrow hit its mark and dispersed strangely along the and she could see him grab his face struggling with something. He waved his hand in front of this hand a few times and it looked as if his vision had suffered greatly.

Mireska's spinning head still felt like it was about to fall off, but she lifted her head to look around. Not too far away she saw the the opening to an alleyway. She immediately activated her portable plasma shield, and drew and activated her lightsabre.

"Padawan, we need to get out of the line of fire and do some healing. We'll head for that alleyway over there." She gestured towards the the alley.

Calling upon the Force, she leapt towards the alley - only to land short of her destination. Sithspit! It's hard to focus through the pain from my leg! Gritting her teeth, Mireska called yet again upon the Force to enhance her movement, and this time reached the safety of the alley.

Edited by Bellona

Jorin poked his head out of the sidecar and watched Master Mireska leap into the air towards the alley way, but it took her two jumps to get there.. Jorin shook his head sadly, he doubted he would fare much better than that, and his injuries were playing havoc on his concentration so focusing would be problematic at best. He realized that running would be his best option.. He scanned the new battlefield, looking for threats, but nothing happened.. Run you idiot, before they are able to fire again! Jorin hauled himself out of the wreck and ran best he could towards Mireska, randomly side stepping as he ran, hoping whoever was out there wouldn't track his movement.. The whole way there he was scolding himself. Stupid, stupid, stupid.. what an idiot move, swinging the gun like that!

As he reached the alley entrance, he let his momentum carry himself past Mireska a few feet before stopping, trying to catch his breath. Every breath sent searing pain from his wounds. Master... I... I'm sorry.... that was a ... stupid thing to do.. almost killed us! he panted.

Mireska reached out to pat Jorin soothingly on the shoulder, trying her best to hide the wince due to the pain from moving.

"We all make doozies of mistakes during our padawan years, Jorin," she said. "The important thing is to learn from them - and hopefully not injure anyone during the process. Which brings me to my next point."

Focusing through her pain, Mireska took hold of the threads of Force around her. No point in grandstanding with light shows right now, particularly with snipers in the vicinity. The Force threads came readily enough to her metaphorical hands and, using her ability to see a body through the lens of the Force, she wove them carefully to heal Jorin. The Force repaired all the holes in his body, including the deeper injury. There was healing energy enough left over that she could weave the Force threads into most of her own wounds too.

"There you are, padawan," Mireska smiled with no little satisfaction. "You're good to go." She paused, listening to her earbud comlink. "I suggest that you take Ethan's speeder bike and return to Ker'see. She seems to be having droid problems."

Jorin gasped at the odd feeling of the Force flowing through him, healing his wounds. Whoa.. I've got to study more into this..

He looked into Mireska's eyes and bowed slightly at the order, Will you be alright if I go, Master?

"I just need to catch my breath for a moment here before dealing with the worst part of my own leg injury," Mireska told Jorin reassuringly. "Those snipers were distressingly accurate. Then I'll probably join Ethan first, but please keep me updated on how you and Ker'see are doing."

I can't think of what is happening to my friends, need to aim, need to shoot. Ker'see turns to next sniper and again carefully takes the energy string in hand. The action easily familiar and the shot should be easy to make. Pulling back the arrow forms and this time letting the force assist she releases. It soars across the air and crashes into her next target, the energy cascading through the body. Easily done, maybe I'll win this war on my own.

Getting ready the attack his next target the Duchess head turns and looks towards the back of the room. The shared bond between Ker'see and her nexu shares the suspicion the beast has and now that her attention was drawn to it she could her the footsteps.

"Best get ready to fight, The Duchess," mutters Ker'see dropping her bow and drawing her lightsaber. Touching her finger to her comm she says into it: "I believe some forces are converging onto my position, could I-" Ker'see switches off her comms to sigh, "some back up?"

Edited by MrTInce

Condor punched it hard as they sped away from the buildings, the shockwave giving the LAAT a small shudder as it reached them. He’d been unsteady the whole time they’d been waiting, but now that they were in the air and about to be in the thick of it, he felt back in his natural element. Behind the pilot seat was where he belonged. “ ETA Real darn quick, ” he joked as the enemy line began to come into view. It didn’t take much for him to notice the anti air emplacements. “ Hold on! ” With a dive he headed towards the ground, getting as low to the street as was safe without the concern of hitting light poles. A few explosions went off overhead to where they would’ve been moments ago if he hadn’t corrected course.

Edited by ShockHelix

After hearing Ker'see's distress call over the comm, Ethan's quick assessment is that taking out the enemy snipers nest nest is now up to him. He leaves his speeder bike for either Jorin or Mireska to use to reach Ker'see, and gathers the force to propel himself through the air towards the enemy sniper tower. He bounds once, twice, and can feel the rush of his adrenaline kicking in as he prepares for the 3rd massive leap that would have propelled him into the snipers nest. Instead he falters, A Jedi should be serene at all times and not act out of aggression or passion .

He centers himself and makes the leap, tuck his legs up so that he is completely behind his plasma shield as it crashes through the glass window. The sniper was preparing to shoot at Ker'see in the building across the river and seems startled by Ethan's sudden appearance. He fumbles for his pistol and Ethan uses the force to yank the sniper towards him from across the room,. Ethan bisects the sniper at the waist with a swing of his saber as the sniper passes by him.

Ethan's senses are a tunnel vision, focusing on the biggest threats in the room. With the threat of the sniper neutralized, his attention turns to the two spotters in the room who were assisting the snipers. Their surprise at his entrance through the fourth floor window is clear on their faces, their reflexes aren't quite as quick as the sniper but they quickly draw their pistols and fire at Ethan, almost simultaneously.

Ethan deflects the first blast effortlessly, but barely gets his saber into position in time to deflect the nearly simultaneous blast from the second spotter. The blaster bolts path is altered slightly, it now passes through Ethan's fluttering robe instead of his body. That was too close, Ethan thinks as he prepares to deal with these adversaries.

Edited by EliasWindrider

As Condor sped towards the CIS base, he fumed as Bullseye’s voice came over his comm. He could always trust the man to watch everything like a hawk, but he rarely had good news. “ Sir, two Vulture Droids on approach!

Copy that. Strap in! And someone hop on the free gun! We got clankers on our 6! “ He opened the throttle as far as it would go as he circled back between the buildings, increasing the LAAT’s speed beyond it’s normal limits. As the first shots came in, he dodged to the left hard, rocking his passengers about but otherwise managing to avoid the shots, while the second vulture droid nicked one of the wings. Nothing to worry about now, but he couldn’t afford to take any hits with where they were going.

As Jorin looks around the corner, Jorin watches as Ethan leaps through the air on his way to where the enemy fire came from. Whoa.. impressive.

As Ethan crashed through the window, Jorin brings his attention back to street level, the engine of Ethan's speeder bike humming in the brief quiet . That'll work! Jorin makes his way to the abandoned Barc and mounts, turning back towards the building Ker'see is using as a sniper's nest. He could see energy bolts coming the building. Gotta hurry.. Jorin accelerates through the chaotic street, and arrives in time to see droids enter through the lobby doors, Karabast.. Jorin mutters as he pulls into the parking area in front of the main door and jumps clear, landing in a run. Pain from where has shot shoots through him, he clenches a fist to help focus through it as he reaches the lobby door.. Hang on Master Ker'see, help is on the way. He whispers to himself, as he begins to speak through the door. I hope.....

"On it!" Camouflage yells as he jumps into the ball turret, spinning out into position. He hadn't used one of these things since training, and he'd never been all that great at it. The beam lances out, missing the Vulture by a mile. He swears under his breath as they come around to take another pass and spins the turret around to face them as best he can.

With the appearance of the droids Ker'see uses the force to proper herself forward, the blade of her lightsaber swishing across the droids with ease and with such force she forces them down the stairs into their ranks. She allows herself a brief smile before closing the door on them.

"That should slow them down. Duchess you need to hide as things are going to get dicey."

23 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

With the appearance of the droids Ker'see uses the force to proper herself forward, the blade of her lightsaber swishing across the droids with ease and with such force she forces them down the stairs into their ranks. She allows herself a brief smile before closing the door on them.

"That should slow them down. Duchess you need to hide as things are going to get dicey."

Just then Ker'see heard the whine of a jetpack, turned her head just in time to see jango Fett hovering outside the window and a rapidly moving projectile leaving the barrel of a grenade launcher, This is going to hur... she thought before being pelted in the ribs with a grenade... boom... the explosion propels her into the door she had just closed. Ker'see then falls to the floor, ow, but she noticed her other hand, the one not holding a lightsaber was resting on one of the blaster carbines dropped by the droids she had just sliced up.

Edited by EliasWindrider

Mireska tried to bring the Force to bear on herself, but kept being distracted by the reports which she was getting over the earbud comlink. While she appreciated the overall picture, it did not help her concentrate on healing herself. She gritted her teeth with irritation, then took a deep breath and reminded herself to relax before trying again.

As the Vultures come around for another pass, Camouflage lines up his shot, targeting the leading bird. These turrets are not very powerful, so he'll have to make the shot count. He presses the trigger and the beam lances out of the dish, slicing an orange line of melted metal through the Vulture's head. Its eyes flicker momentarily before going out, and it spins out of control, crashing into the street below. The other Vulture swoops in before the ARC could bring the turret to bear and its blaster cannons leave several scorch marks on the side of the LAAT as it screams past the nose of the gunship. "Condor! Last one's all yours!"

After the close encounter with the spotters laser fire, Ethan pulls one of them right into h is blade. The other one, seeing his fallen comrade fires bolts right at Ethan. He dodged the attack but it did put him off balance. The second bolt was heading for him, but he still managed to deflect the bolt, and sent it straight into the attacker. That wasn't so hard. Suddenly he realised how exhausted he actually was. "This spot is taken." He said into the comm. "Ker'see, you okay?"

Jorin could see a group of droids at the top of the stairs, making the turn to the next flight, while another group followed. He hurried to the group still in the lobby and igniting his saber, the snap-hiss of the azure blade made a couple of droids turn to look. Hello there! Join greeted them as he closed the distance and prepared to swing the blade.

Halt, who.. hey, it's a JediIiieee** one squaked as the blade cut off it's head.

A Jedi?? oh, this won't end well-zrkk** Jorin looped the swing into the body of the second.

I need a distraction, buy Ker'see some time.. DROIDS! he called, instantly knowing what a terrible idea this was. Over here!

Edited by RuusMarev

Meanwhile, Mireska had finally found the peace and quiet to heal the last of her wounds, including the most distracting of her injuries. She then moved to the tipped-over speeder bike and started to check on the status of the sabotage charges.

Can't have them going off in our faces after the accident and our contretemps with the the snipers.

She winced as she bent down to check the speeder bike's panniers.

Sith take those snipers! My leg still hurts. And I wonder how it's going for the others. I haven't heard any screams for help over the coms since I sent Jorin to help Ker'see.

Edited by Bellona