PbP Recruitment: Dark Times: Bounty Hunting Doesn't Pay

By Sincereagape, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

4 minutes ago, LaGouache said:

Updated Wes :

http://swsheets.com/c/q8f3qfekm-wes-proga

For the moment I have not chosen a lightsaber, should I decide/build it now or should I wait for the game to start to narrate the creation of the item ?

Hmmmmm. Good question. Do it now, mainly because the game will hopefully start fast. A Munn sentinel. This should be fun.

Munn is in Endless Vigil. It surprised me too but with 3 Intell+Cunning it is perfect for Artisan or Investigator.

4 minutes ago, LaGouache said:

Munn is in Endless Vigil. It surprised me too but with 3 Intell+Cunning it is perfect for Artisan or Investigator.

That is right. They are in endless vigil and always seemed out of place to me. But now it makes sense.

1 minute ago, Sincereagape said:

That is right. They are in endless vigil and always seemed out of place to me. But now it makes sense.

The description for Munns does not fit well Force user though. Munn are described as corporate bankers and their link to the force explanation is not very convincing. They would best fit as colonists in my opinion.

But since they are well installed in the Core Worlds and evidences of Munn Force users exist we can reasonably think that some sensitive individuals may have joined the Jedi order.

And it is a great opportunity to have Wes run away from the purge in a protective and closed clan.

Somehow hiding in plain sight 😀

Gear and EXP breakdowns are now done for Hira's sheet.

And isn't hiding in plain sight the thing all force users do best? 😛

I'm happy to be gaming with y'all. Sorry about the delay, this roster is stacked!

@Sincereagape what kind of check would you want for a Nova Viper (Rarity 9), I'm not 100% sure I'm going to take it as it'd be the vast majority of my budget, but I thought I'd check.

I'll hopefully have my sheet up tomorrow! Thanks for your patience!

7 hours ago, oneeyedmatt87 said:

I'm happy to be gaming with y'all. Sorry about the delay, this roster is stacked!

@Sincereagape what kind of check would you want for a Nova Viper (Rarity 9), I'm not 100% sure I'm going to take it as it'd be the vast majority of my budget, but I thought I'd check.

I'll hopefully have my sheet up tomorrow! Thanks for your patience!

According to the core books - a daunting negotiation check for rarity 9

Will have a chance to review submitted sheets tonight, from what I’ve seen everything looks great.

To build the lightsaber per GM Kit rules I understand it to be :

- Average Mechanics check + 300 credits for a basic hilt. (Dice pool : YGGG from skill, B for Inventor Talent, F from Manipulate Force Power, PP from difficulty, anything else ?)

- building my own lightsaber I get 1 free mod on first attachement so I can attach Sapith Gem +1 Mod

- As per FaD Core rulebook, Modding attachement for character's own lightsaber decreases difficulty by two so adding another mod to the crystal should be an Average Mechanics check (same dice pool as for the hilt building) + 100 credits.

Am I right ?

21 minutes ago, LaGouache said:

To build the lightsaber per GM Kit rules I understand it to be :

- Average Mechanics check + 300 credits for a basic hilt. (Dice pool : YGGG from skill, B for Inventor Talent, F from Manipulate Force Power, PP from difficulty, anything else ?)

- building my own lightsaber I get 1 free mod on first attachement so I can attach Sapith Gem +1 Mod

- As per FaD Core rulebook, Modding attachement for character's own lightsaber decreases difficulty by two so adding another mod to the crystal should be an Average Mechanics check (same dice pool as for the hilt building) + 100 credits.

Am I right ?

There are more comprehensive rules in Endless Vigil.

40 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

There are more comprehensive rules in Endless Vigil.

True but sincereagape asked to use GM Kit rules.

3 hours ago, Sincereagape said:

According to the core books - a daunting negotiation check for rarity 9

Will have a chance to review submitted sheets tonight, from what I’ve seen everything looks great.

Hahaha... Yeah, I won't be getting one.

Btw @Sincereagape what's your policy on attachments and mods at game start? I'm guessing that attachments are ok if you have the credits but mods will require a check?

53 minutes ago, oneeyedmatt87 said:

Hahaha... Yeah, I won't be getting one.

Btw @Sincereagape what's your policy on attachments and mods at game start? I'm guessing that attachments are ok if you have the credits but mods will require a check?

@oneeyedmatt87 Hit it nail on the head. Attachments are okay. Just need to make the mod roll and have the credits. You can have one of your teammates make it for you. I’ll also allow someone else to make the negotiation check for the nova viper.

@LaGouache if you want to use the endless vigil system for LS crafting that is fine. I know it is the best overall system for LS crafting.

I’ll just have to go off the honor system and the other players check the rules for me.

I don’t think any of you will cheat. But if you guys do I’ll just have to increase the number of imperial assassins armed with disruptor rifles.

Edited by Sincereagape

Endless Vigil rules are standardization of crafting rules like the ones introduced in Fully Operational or Special Modifications (Select template, Acquire material, build) the bonus mod for the cristal is not mentioned anymore so my best guess is that it does not apply, but you gain supplementary options to use triumphs/advantages or to suffer from threat/despairs during the build.

https://orokos.com/roll/c-Bounty+Hunting+Doesn't+Pay

The net result is a Basic Lightsaber with Sapith Gem modded twice (+1 Breach, +1 damage):
Wes's Lightsaber (Damage 8, Critical 2, 2/5 HP, Encum 1, Breach 2, Sunder).

Let me know if I did anything wrong or if you want to apply mechanical effects from the rolls.
(Build : 3 success can reduce the time spent, 3 advantages can reduce cost of parts by 75cr or encumbrance but neither apply here if I'm right, 2 Dark Sides are of no use here)
(Mod : 3 success, 1 Triumph, 1 Threat that could be canceled by the Dark Side point converted to Advantage from Manipulate Force Power, if I am allowed to use Dark Side points here ... but the rules doesn't specify anything on using results of mod rolls apart from despairs as far as I know)

Nice ! Does it need modding ? 😁

6 hours ago, LaGouache said:

Nice ! Does it need modding ? 😁

You leave my baby alone!

Updated and created OOC thread..

Please roll for destiny points. :) Will hopefully have the intro IC post up tonight or tomorrow.

If it's possible and not too late, I'd like to throw my hat into the ring for one of the reserve spots! :)

I don't have easy access to EotE or AoR, so I'd probably make a FaD character. Maybe a "co-pilot" type of character using the Seeker career with the Navigator specialization (Savage Spirits) and Padawan Survivor universal (Dawn of Rebellion). But I would use the Obligation rules from EotE, as I haven't tried that version of the responsibility mechanics yet.

Edited by Bellona

Here's my character so far:

Kurokage Ryuto (family name first)

4 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Here's my character so far:

Kurokage Ryuto (family name first)

@Tramp Graphics Looks very good so far.

@Bellona Welcome aboard. I will touch base with you via PM sometime this week.

I'm fine with most character builds as long as they do not overlap with other pre-existing characters and do not potentially take away from the fun of the other players.

On 8/19/2019 at 5:35 PM, Sincereagape said:

@Tramp Graphics Looks very good so far.

@Bellona Welcome aboard. I will touch base with you via PM sometime this week.

I'm fine with most character builds as long as they do not overlap with other pre-existing characters and do not potentially take away from the fun of the other players.

He's done. I made some adjustments to his starting skills, added some more gear and finished his description and background. Working on a 3D render of him now.

kurokage_the_black_shadow_by_tramp_graph

Kurokage

@Sincereagape

Like I mentioned in the PM, I have a few different character ideas. Some of them were ditched after glancing at the other players' character sheets, so as to avoid too much overlap.

Here's a link to my current (and first) idea - meet Naviin "Navi" Starhopper, an Outer Rim astrogation expert, occasional medic and mechanic, co-space pilot (in a pinch), and general shiphand:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/86av7mh97919fdp/Naviin_Starhopper.pdf/file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/q2gwcgvhfgk409b/Naviin_Starhopper_%28long_version%29.pdf/file (The long version includes the specialization trees and Force power trees.)

(In case of doubt - and probably irrelevant in this medium - the name is pronounced "nah-VEE".)

I'm still figuring out how Obligation fits into the picture, so if I've done something incorrect or ill-advised there then please let me know so that it can be changed. (Morality appears automatically on Oggdude's character sheet due to the career, but I'm planning on ignoring it.)

If you think that Navi is too close to other party niches then I will go back to the drawing board.

E.T.A. 1: I've decided to use some extra Obligation to get +5 xp and +1,000 credits, and am now in the process of changing the equipment on the character sheet. I'll make a note here when I've updated the above link(s).

E.T.A. 2: Equipment update finished, and links have been updated! :)

E.T.A. 3: I took the liberty of taking the mentor discount for the basic Force powers. I figure that that is possible seeing as Navi is Temple-trained and has basically been lying low (i.e., not earning much xp) over the past five years.

E.T.A. 4: SWSheets link (only the basics have been entered there):

http://swsheets.com/c/gja5x9lve--navi---naviin-

Edited by Bellona
Final update (I hope).