PbP Recruitment: Dark Times: Bounty Hunting Doesn't Pay

By Sincereagape, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away…

Star Wars

15 BBY

Dark Times: Bounty Hunting Doesn’t Pay….

It is a time of darkness. It is a time of tyranny. Non-humans face oppression, slavery is a common practice, and criminals are allowed to prey upon the decent.

In order to survive in a harsh galaxy, force users, scum, and soldiers have banded together to form bounty hunter guilds.

One such guild has sent some members to the urban planet of Nar Shadda to hunt down a bounty worth over 15,000 credits…….

OOC: Hello. Wanted to give this one more shot. Looking for players for a play by post game set during the Dark Times era, exactly 15 BBY. The PCs will take the role of a group of bounty hunters from the Ragnar Syndicate.

Character Creation Guidelines:

1. All FF published material is usable RAW. Races, weapon, vehicles, etc. No unofficial species menagerie (blame Shadowrun 4 th edition).

2. All characters start off with 100 exp to add post character creation. Species/obligation/conflict exp can be spent on characteristics. The 100 Bonus exp can only be usable on talents, specializations, skills, force powers,

3. 6,000 starting credits to whatever is offered at RAW or taken with obligation/conflict. May take 1 item w/restricted quality. Must make a negotiate check to obtain/start off with any item above rarity 8 (Please check with me on the roll).

4. All may start with up to 10 obligation points to spend.

5. Force users may follow rules for conflict instead of obligation.

6. Force and Destiny characters may start off with a lightsaber crystal of their choice at the expense of the 6,000 starting credits. The crystal must have final approval from the GM. No Krayt Dragon Pearls (I don’t own the other FaD supplements).

7. Starting Resource: Any light freighter ship. (Silhouette 4 or under with enough passenger capacity to fit the group). -Team decides as a collective, if one cannot be reached the GM will make decision on what ship the group starts off with. I wanted to try something different instead of the G-9 Rigger and YT-1300 the Core Rulebooks recommend RAW.

8. GM rulings are final, even if you do not agree with them. It is my responsibility to ensure you guys are having fun and that means empowering the players with the opportunity to do neat things and to break out of what is impossible in the real world. I tend to favor my players is most rulings.

9. 3 players minimum to begin play. 5 players max. May have reserve spots if to many people sign up.

10. Please settle any dispute via private message.

11. Orokos.com will be our dice rolling database

12. Please post character sheets on SWsheets.com

13. Expect the game to hit the ground running.

Thanks in advance and potentially taking interest in this play by post game. Feel free to ask any questions that have not been answered.

Cheers!

Edited by Sincereagape

I would be interested !

I am thinking of a sentinel character. Maybe based on stealth or investigation. It seems to fit well in a team of bounty hunters, to track down a target.

I need to think about it and I will submit the concept soon.

Interesting game I don't have time to play (setting up my own pbp instead, my daughter Abigail was born this past Thursday night so my time is constrained) but I wanted to interject that the kst-100 (dawn of rebellion) meets your parameters, and is the best eote legal starting ships for eote games

I'd like to put my name down. Happy to see what others play before I pick to help round out the party...

@LaGouache Feel free to be more ambitious with your light-saber crystal. We probably won't be running a light-saber crystal story. Unless a basic hilt with Illium crystal fits Bolen in character. (Saw that he is a Padawan). If you would like, use the lightsaber hilt crafting rules from the FaD GM kit. (I don't have access to Endless Vigil). This goes for all force users who choose a LS (Intro post to be edited).

I'll throw Bolen a free slugthrower pistol in case you're not able to pick up a blaster or non LS weapon. last thing we want is bolen to run through the open streets of Nar Shadda with a ignited blade :) (Expect to be "Disliked" upon arrival).

@MrTInce Welcome to the game!

Edited by Sincereagape
3 hours ago, MrTInce said:

I'd like to put my name down. Happy to see what others play before I pick to help round out the party...

I chimed in on the Edge recruitment page. I was thinking Skip Tracer, but the Investigator should have that pretty well covered. Hmm..

@Edgehawk If you want to explore Skip tracer (very good idea !) I could try another concept based more on stealth (Shadow) or mechanics (Artisan). Both could be useful and ok for me since I think that Sentinels could be interesting to explore on the idea of Bounty Hunters. Do not hesitate if this is what you prefer !

So I'm thinking of being the pilot...I'll get something here soon.

Meet Kr'owk:

http://swsheets.com/c/ftbrinvqi-kr-owk

Chiss rigger and his droid companions. Once we decide on a ship my character can give it boosts. Personally I like the YT-2000...

6 hours ago, LaGouache said:

@Edgehawk If you want to explore Skip tracer (very good idea !) I could try another concept based more on stealth (Shadow) or mechanics (Artisan). Both could be useful and ok for me since I think that Sentinels could be interesting to explore on the idea of Bounty Hunters. Do not hesitate if this is what you prefer !

I've explored Skip Tracer and Investigator a fair bit, so no worries there. If you're happy with your Investigator.. looks like we have a pilot.. maybe I'll go with a Face character?

Here is an Artisan proposition :

http://swsheets.com/c/q8f3qfekm-wes-proga

It fits well with the pilot to act as the engineer of the squad and backup everywhere mecanics and computer skills are useful.

Let me know what you prefer

I'm going to throw my hat into the ring as "interested", potentially as a Seer/Force User that uses Foresee and Seek but "masks" those as being just really **** good at finding their targets for the guild, so as to not become a target themselves. That imperial bounty on force users is surely enticing.

Got many other concepts too, if you don't want a potential "force wizard" in your game.

2 hours ago, LaGouache said:

Let  m  e know what you pre  fer

I'll probably go with skip tracer, if you don't go Investigator... but I'm happy to go with another concept if you stick with your Investigator.

Don't worry and looking at the timestamps, you had the idea of Skip Tracer first 😃

Artisan is fine, and I'll have the opportunity to build myself a very nice lightsaber anyway !

5 hours ago, Silim said:

I'm going to throw my hat into the ring as "interested", potentially as a Seer/Force User that uses Foresee and Seek but "masks" those as being just really **** good at finding their targets for the guild, so as to not become a target themselves. That imperial bounty on force users is surely enticing.

Got many other concepts too, if you don't want a potential "force wizard" in your game.

@Silim welcome to the game. Force wizard is fine. Been wanting to see one in action.

@MrTInce yt-2000 fine with me if it works for everyone else. Being the pilot of the team your weight matters most in this subject.

We have enough to start the game with roommfor one more. Hoping to get annooc thread in and a ic thread.

57 minutes ago, Sincereagape said:

@MrTInce yt-2000 fine with me if it works for everyone else. Being the pilot  of the team your weight matters most in this su  bject.

Yup. Especially with a Rigger, I am happy to go with MrTInce's pick.

My presence send to be something of an albatross with these pbp games, but I'm interested if there's still space.

You seem to be short a gun hand, will a gunslinger fit in the party?

I'm in. I just need to come up with a character.

http://swsheets.com/c/vmvo85k3e-hira-darksun

Seer/Force User concept, with a Dantari crystal for her lightsaber - it seemed the most appropriate for someone mainly using the Force in the future. Of course, she wouldn't exactly use that glowstick normally, and without any other starting gear she's virtually unarmed - so as far as the crew will know, she's a tracker/informant who always seems to know just where to look and what to avoid during their hunting (Seek and Foresee at work).

Edited by Silim

PMs sent to those who have posted a character on this thread so far.

@oneeyedmatt87 Welcome to the game. Glad you are willing to give me another shot as a GM. Was hoping someone would play a more 'combat' oriented character. So a GunSlinger type work very well.

@Tramp Graphics You have the first reserve spot for the game. Max PCs at one time for me is 5. If anyone drops out you're in.

"Word of warning - watch where you step, or you'll fall for hours."

-Atton Rand :) regarding Nar Shaddaa

4 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Work in progress:

http://swsheets.com/c/m73ac0q5v-fitz-deckard

Noir detective, but added some social capability since we don't have a dedicated face.

How did you get your characteristics so high?

4 hours ago, MrTInce said:

How did you get your characteristics so high?

Human + Obligation = 120xp to start with four 3s. Dedication to bump Cunning up to 4.

Updated Wes :

http://swsheets.com/c/q8f3qfekm-wes-proga

For the moment I have not chosen a lightsaber, should I decide/build it now or should I wait for the game to start to narrate the creation of the item ?