Alt Univ Campaign Idea: Clone Wars if Anakin lost the Pod Race

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

22 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Do you have a preference between Outer Rim and Xenology, or can I take both?

Both.

Finished the backstory, Duties, and Motivations. Haven't spent the last 50 XP yet. Any objections to me taking Death Watch Warrior? I know the name doesn't really line up, but the tree works well and the ARCs were trained by Mandos (Cuy'val Dar) if I need that excuse.
Camouflage

Set this up for you to approve. Using the strain tracker to track number of minions in the group. Are you okay with Death from Above? I also gave them Clone Reconnaissance Armor, fluffed as Phase I ARF trooper armor.
Varactyl Squad

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Finished the backstory, Duties, and Motivations. Haven't spent the last 50 XP yet. Any objections to me taking Death Watch Warrior? I know the name doesn't really line up, but the tree works well and the ARCs were trained by Mandos (Cuy'val Dar) if I need that excuse.
Camouflage

Set this up for you to approve. Using the strain tracker to track number of minions in the group. Are you okay with Death from Above? I also gave them Clone Reconnaissance Armor, fluffed as Phase I ARF trooper armor.
Varactyl Squad

We are very early in the wall, about to start the ground battle of christophsis, so only a few months after the first battle of genosis. I doubt that your men have seen that much action.

2 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

We are very early in the wall, about to start the ground battle of christophsis, so only a few months after the first battle of genosis. I doubt that your men have seen that much action.

I misunderstood, I thought you were about to start the second battle of Geonosis. (I wonder how I came up with that?)

In that case, I'll rewrite it.

Just now, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I misunderstood, I thought you were about to start the second battle of Geonosis. (I wonder how I came up with that?)

In that case, I'll rewrite it.

Probably a typo on my part. Death watch warrior is fine (I'm not literal about spec names), and death from above is fine for your squads talent.

On 2/28/2020 at 8:06 PM, EliasWindrider said:

We've got room for 2 to join, we're about to start the ground battle on genosis.

Okay, I hadn't gone insane. I didn't realize this was a typo (no context since I hadn't read the IC/OOC yet) so when I saw that you'd already done the First Battle of Geonosis, I assumed that this was referring to the Second Battle of Geonosis.

I rewrote the backstories/Camo's Motivations. Are they okay now? I had originally written him as fairly experienced after a year of war, but oops.

2 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Okay, I hadn't gone insane. I didn't realize this was a typo (no context since I hadn't read the IC/OOC yet) so when I saw that you'd already done the First Battle of Geonosis, I assumed that this was referring to the Second Battle of Geonosis.

I rewrote the backstories/Camo's Motivations. Are they okay now? I had originally written him as fairly experienced after a year of war, but oops.

Back story is good.

@P-47 Thunderbolt @RuusMarev how long before you think you'll be ready to start the ground battle on christophsis?

11 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

@P-47 Thunderbolt @RuusMarev how long before you think you'll be ready to start the ground battle on christophsis?

I'm ready.

I'm ready.

32 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Do you need anything from me?

30 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

I'm ready.

Do you need anything from me?

Is your character sheet correct... it doesn't seem like you would have spent some 600 xp so far. 300 for a spec... but ok maybe you could get to the neighborhood... btw you get 950 xp beyond starting... I think you recorded 900 beyond starting.

1 minute ago, EliasWindrider said:

Is your character sheet correct... it doesn't seem like you would have spent some 600 xp so far. 300 for a spec... but ok maybe you could get to the neighborhood... btw you get 950 xp beyond starting... I think you recorded 900 beyond starting.

I wanted to play him as a Padawan just out of the Temple. Once we complete this session, Ill spend the remainder of his unused xp, to represent his Knighthood. I just updated the sheet to account for 950 earned xp https://swsheets.com/c/ltyx7cuer-jorin-cass----w

4 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

I wanted to play him as a Padawan just out of the Temple. Once we complete this session, Ill spend the remainder of his unused xp, to represent his Knighthood. I just updated the sheet to account for 950 earned xp https://swsheets.com/c/ltyx7cuer-jorin-cass----w

I got that but to a cursory glance it seemed like you should have had more xp leftover.

1 minute ago, EliasWindrider said:

I got that but to a cursory glance it seemed like you should have had more xp leftover.

oh.. Unless I miscalculated.. but I maxed the Padawan, Enhance, and Move trees... I can go over them again just to be sure. I'll list the xp in one of the notes sections.

1 minute ago, RuusMarev said:

oh.. Unless I miscalculated.. but I maxed the Padawan, Enhance, and Move trees... I can go over them again just to be sure. I'll list the xp in one of the notes sections.

We went over it, remember? It was correct.

(you do still have a ton of credits to spend)

2 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

We went over it, remember? It was correct.

(you do still have a ton of credits to spend)

oops, forgot about credits.. (how many were there? lol) Just kinda figured the Jedi would just issue stuff.

5 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

oops, forgot about credits.. (how many were there? lol) Just kinda figured the Jedi would just issue stuff.

85k Nope, wait, Jedi had something different.

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt

Ruus, here's the original post.

On 2/29/2020 at 8:31 PM, EliasWindrider said:

Originally it was 900 earned xp past character creation, jedi get 18000 credits plus a free illum crystal and access to an artisan who can add 2 hp to 2 pieces of gear. If you would rather have a christophsis crystal, well were on christophsis now so if you're willing to make the trade your current saber can be destroyed or lost and you can create a new new one as with identical (non crystal) upgrades at the end of the session as a handwave, for the rest of the session you can use a quick crafted hilt one roll with no attachments. The padawan class loses the sense danger and valuable facts talents, sincerest flattery moves to where valuable facts was, beginners luck moved to where sincerest flattery was originally, put secrets of the jedi where sense danger was, put secrets of the jedi improved where beginner's luck was originally. Non impossible (so only first 3 mods unless you have secrets of the jedi improved) attempts to mod a crystal while at the temple or aboard the crucible automatically succeed.

Non jedi get 25000 credits.

I figure some number of xp to bump you up... not quite to the level of current players. But... in terms of concept... jedi clones or any character you can think of a reason to have them hang out with jedi and clones in a war zone.

O_O Errm... I did something stupid. I think I need to reevaluate my expenditures. Somehow I thought it was 85 thousand, so I overspent dramatically. Sorry about that.

Okay, SO. I have down-spent to the actual credits allotment (sorry...), but I still want to mod. Do you want me to use my first mod results for each attachment I want to mod, or do you want me to re-roll entirely?

If I was interested in a Christophis Crystal, Would Jorin be able to make a second saber?

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Okay, SO. I have down-spent to the actual credits allotment (sorry...), but I still want to mod. Do you want me to use my first mod results for each attachment I want to mod, or do you want me to re-roll entirely?

First roll.

1 hour ago, RuusMarev said:

If I was interested in a Christophis Crystal, Would Jorin be able to make a second saber?

The way I was running this was, if you want a christophsis crystal, then I'll have your regular lightsaber destroyed or stolen (asaj ventress), you'll find a crystal, be able to craft a temporary hilt, then after the end of the battle of christophsis (during the next screen wipe) you'll be able to recreate your original hilt as a zero credit GM handwave. So you lose the ilum crystal in exchange for the christophsis crystal and will have use a temporary crafted hilt until the end of the session. That's the deal.

On 2/29/2020 at 8:45 PM, EliasWindrider said:

@P-47 Thunderbolt @RuusMarev

not exactly a pdf but it should do the trick (there's 2 new jedi specs to choose from too)

@RuusMarev um we're using a modified padawan spec for this game. You can find a link to the modified spec here.

On 3/1/2020 at 10:17 PM, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Mod Spam part 1:

2. SoroSuub True Site System:
2a. Accurate: Failed (50)

3. Ionizing Focusing Coils:
3a. Reduce crit: Succeeded (50)
3b. Increase damage: Failed (100)
3c. Increase damage: Succeeded (100)
3d. Increase Threat: Failed (150)

4. Ionizing Focusing Coils:
4a. Reduce crit: Failed (50)
4b. Increase damage: Succeeded (50)
4c. Increase damage: Failed (100)
4d. Increase Threat:

1a. Modding : 2eP+1eA+2eD 1 failure, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph

p-tr.png p-a-a.png a-s-a.png d-f-th.png d-f-f.png

1b. Modding : 2eP+1eA+3eD 1 success, 1 advantage
p-s-s.png p-s-a.png a-a.png d-th.png d--.png d-f-f.png (whoops, added an extra difficulty)

2a. Modding : 2eP+1eA+2eD 0 successes, 3 advantage
p-a-a.png p-s-a.png a-s-a.png d-th.png d-f-f.png

3a. Modding : 2eP+1eA+2eD 2 successes, 2 threat
p-s.png p-a.png a-s-s.png d-th-th.png d-f-th.png

3b. Modding : 2eP+1eA+3eD 2 failures, 1 advantage
p-s.png p-a.png a-s.png d--.png d-f-f.png d-f-f.png

3c. Modding : 2eP+1eA+3eD 1 success
p-s.png p-a-a.png a-a-a.png d-th.png d-th.png d-th-th.png

3d. Modding : 2eP+1eA+4eD 0 successes
p-a-a.png p--.png a-a-a.png d-th.png d-th.png d--.png d-th-th.png

4a. Modding : 2eP+1eA+2eD 1 failure, 1 advantage
p-a-a.png p--.png a-s.png d-th.png d-f-f.png

4b. Modding : 2eP+1eA+2eD 3 successes, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png p-s-a.png a-s.png d-th.png d--.png

4c. Modding : 2eP+1eA+3eD 0 successes, 1 threat, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png p-a-a.png a-s.png d-f-th.png d-th-th.png d-f.png

On 3/1/2020 at 10:55 PM, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Mod Spam Part 2:

5. SoroSuub True-Site System:
5a. Accurate: Succeeded (50)

6. Ionizing Focusing Coils:
6a. Reduce crit: Succeeded (50)
6b. Increase Damage: Succeeded (100)
6c. Increase Damage: Failed (150)
6d. Increase Threat: Failed (150)

5a. Modding : 2eP+1eA+2eD 2 successes

p-a-a.png p-s-s.png a-s.png d-th-th.png d-f.png

6a. Modding : 2eP+1eA+2eD 1 success, 2 advantage
p-s-a.png p-s-a.png a-s.png d-f-f.png d--.png

6b. Modding : 2eP+1eA+3eD 3 successes, 1 threat
p-s.png p-s-a.png a-s.png d-th.png d-th.png d--.png

6c. Modding : 2eP+1eA+4eD 1 failure, 1 threat
p-a-a.png p--.png a-s-a.png d-th-th.png d-f-th.png d-f.png d-th.png

6d. Modding : 2eP+1eA+4eD 0 successes, 3 threat, 1 Triumph
p-s.png p-tr.png a-a-a.png d-th-th.png d-f-f.png d-th-th.png d-th.png

7a. Modding : 2eP+1eA+2eD 1 success, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png p-s.png a-a-a.png d-f.png d-th-th.png

7b. Modding : 2eP+1eA+3eD 0 successes, 1 advantage
p-a-a.png p-a.png a-a.png d-th.png d-th.png d-th.png

7c. Modding : 2eP+1eA+3eD 1 success, 2 threat, 1 Triumph
p-s-a.png p-tr.png a-a.png d-th-th.png d-f-th.png d-th.png

7d. Modding : 2eP+1eA+4eD 0 successes, 1 threat
p-s-s.png p--.png a-s-a.png d-f.png d-f-th.png d-f.png d-th.png

8a. Modding : 2eP+1eA+2eD 3 successes, 2 threat
p-s-a.png p-s-a.png a-s.png d-th-th.png d-th-th.png

8b. Modding : 2eP+1eA+3eD 1 success
p-s-s.png p-a-a.png a-s.png d-f-th.png d-f-th.png d--.png

8c. Modding : 2eP+1eA+4eD 3 successes, 3 threat
p-s-a.png p-s-s.png a--.png d-th.png d-th.png d-th.png d-th.png

8d. Modding : 2eP+1eA+5eD 0 successes, 3 threat, 2 Triumph
p-tr.png p-tr.png a-a.png d--.png d-f.png d-th.png d-f-th.png d-th-th.png

On 3/4/2020 at 11:04 AM, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Mod Spam Part 3:

12. Optical Camouflage System:
12a. Master of Shadows: Succeeded (50)
12b. +1 Stealth: Failed (100)

13. Enhanced Optics Suite:
13a. +1 Vigilance: Succeeded (50)

9a. Modding : 2eP+1eA+2eD 2 successes, 1 advantage
p-a-a.png p-s-a.png a-s.png d-th.png d-th.png

9b. Modding : 2eP+1eA+3eD 1 success, 1 threat, 2 Triumph
p-tr.png p-tr.png a--.png d-th.png d--.png d-f.png

9c. Modding : 2eP+1eA+4eD 1 failure, 1 advantage
p-s-a.png p-s-s.png a-a.png d-f-f.png d--.png d-f-f.png d-th.png

10a. Modding : 2eP+1eA+2eD 3 successes, 1 threat, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png p-s-a.png a-s-s.png d-f-th.png d-th.png

10b. Modding : 2eP+1eA+3eD 2 failures, 2 advantage
p-s-s.png p-a-a.png a-a-a.png d-f-f.png d-f-f.png d-th-th.png

10c. Modding : 2eP+1eA+3eD 2 successes, 1 advantage
p-s.png p-s-a.png a-s.png d-f.png d--.png d--.png

11a. Modding : 2eP+1eA+2eD 3 successes, 2 threat
p-s.png p-s-a.png a-s.png d-th-th.png d-th.png

11b. Modding : 2eP+1eA+3eD 2 successes, 1 threat, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png p-s-a.png a-s-s.png d-th.png d-f-f.png d-th.png

11c. Modding : 2eP+1eA+4eD 1 failure, 2 threat
p-a-a.png p-a.png a-s.png d-f-th.png d-th.png d-f-th.png d-th-th.png

11d. Modding : 2eP+1eA+4eD 3 failures, 1 advantage
p-a-a.png p-a-a.png a-s-a.png d-f-th.png d-f-f.png d-th-th.png d-f-th.png

12a. Modding : 2eP+1eA+2eD 2 successes, 2 threat, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png p-a.png a-s.png d-th.png d-th-th.png

12b. Modding : 2eP+1eA+3eD 1 failure
p-s.png p--.png a-a-a.png d-f.png d-f-th.png d-th.png

13a. Modding : 2eP+1eA+2eD 3 successes, 1 threat
p-a-a.png p-s-s.png a-s.png d-th.png d-th-th.png

Buying the second True-Site System and the third Ionizing Focusing Coils. Spending -5 Duty for +1,500 Credits.

Sorry for the confusion. I have no idea how I got it into my head that it was 85k. I remember thinking that it seemed a bit high, but I shrugged and figured you were giving us an extra 900 XP anyway, so who was I to judge. My bad. :wacko:

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt
Forgot the EOS

Alright, now I'm ready.