Collapse of the Republic Spoilers

By kalidor2000, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

I noticed that the spear the Nightbother warrior [Rival] had in its stat block does three damage, and the sword the nightsister [Rival] does 3 damage.

Enchanted Nightsister blade (Melee; Damage 3; Critical 2; Range [Engaged]; Defensive 1, Disorient 3, Vicious 2).

Enchanted spear (Melee; Damage 3; Critical 3; Range [Engaged]; Disorient 2)

Doesn't that seem a bit low for the damage?

Edited by Eoen

What's even weirder is that the spear does +0 damage, whereas the Nighsister knife (I'm presuming it's a knife [like we see them use actually]) does +1. I'd say that the spear should be at least +2. It's not like its a pool noodle.

All we need now is the Clone Wars Campaign adventure, taking PCs on a grand adventure from Geonosis to Order 66. Split it over two volumes. Pregen PCs. Handouts free online to support GMs - character sheets, battle maps, printable cardboard minis.

Yeah, that’d be great.

On 9/28/2019 at 4:53 PM, Eoen said:

I noticed that the spear the Nightbother warrior [Rival] had in its stat block does three damage, and the sword the nightsister [Rival] does 3 damage.

Enchanted Nightsister blade (Melee; Damage 3; Critical 2; Range [Engaged]; Defensive 1, Disorient 3, Vicious 2).

Enchanted spear (Melee; Damage 3; Critical 3; Range [Engaged]; Disorient 2)

Doesn't that seem a bit low for the damage?

Could just be typos, with the NPC's Brawn value not added to the damage.

There's a thread over in the EotE section from GM Phil asking for dev questions for the Order 66 episode about this book, so post your question there.

On 9/29/2019 at 3:27 PM, Scott McFarland said:

All we need now is the Clone Wars Campaign adventure, taking PCs on a grand adventure from Geonosis to Order 66. Split it over two volumes. Pregen PCs. Handouts free online to support GMs - character sheets, battle maps, printable cardboard minis.

Yeah, that’d be great.

Nice, and you’ll have this done when?

5 hours ago, Bojanglez said:

Nice, and you’ll have this done when?

Tuesday?

1 hour ago, Scott McFarland said:

Tuesday?

Of what month and year? lol

Might have missed it but haven't seen anything asking about the specifics of "Flows through all things" Talent in the Jedi Master tree. Is there a limitation in the text or is it straight up Maneuver = FR in Strain?

On 10/18/2019 at 8:27 PM, Neural Prodigy said:

Might have missed it but haven't seen anything asking about the specifics of "Flows through all things" Talent in the Jedi Master tree. Is there a limitation in the text or is it straight up Maneuver = FR in Strain?

It's once per round, so you can't use multiple maneuvers for it. Other than that, it is as described in the tree.

Other thing I thought of when I first saw the book, but never bothered to mention until now, why in the world is the WESTAR-35 (pistol) MORE expensive than the GALAAR-15 (carbine)? Did they just really want to discourage dual-wielding mandos?

4 hours ago, Kualan said:

It's once per round, so you can't use multiple maneuvers for it. Other than that, it is as described in the tree.

Holy moly that’s strong, solves a lot of strain issues with defensive Jedi builds or just Force users in general. Thanks for the clarification! My Ataru Striker/Shadow will definitely be going for this tree ASAP

1 hour ago, Neural Prodigy said:

Holy moly that’s strong, solves a lot of strain issues with defensive Jedi builds or just Force users in general. Thanks for the clarification! My Ataru Striker/Shadow will definitely be going for this tree ASAP

Remember that this talent is in a spec that you need to have Force Rating 3 to even select in the first place, which baring some exceptionally generous GMs is going to take at least a couple hundred XP to reach. So it's not like it's a talent that a starting character can easily acquire. Plus, it costs your maneuver, which the PC might need for other things, having to choose between a bit of strain recovery or needing to do something else with that maneuver.

Consula Ascetic spec is great for strain

I'm looking to create a Dathomirian character, but after reviewing this thread twice it seems no one has spoiled the Species Stat Block. Any chance an owner could do that for me?

Flat 2s, 10+Br, 11+Will, 1 Survival and Coercion, 1 Outdoorsman, 100 XP.

Sorry if it was buried somewhere in lat 11 pages, but I didn't find it.

Could someone write new attachments to weapons and armor with description (what they add, cost etc.)? Thank you very much.