Reach of the Empire IC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

"Oi, oi! Over here!" Den would shout, waving above the passers by to grab the attention of the agent. "Ok, so remember those wookies out shuttle transported in here? Apparently they're here, fighting for these goons instead of actually helping the empire." Den would speak in a hurried tone, determined to get everything out before Briar could say anything. "So my plan is, we take the service entrance; probably easier to get to the fighters, and we see what's going on. If they're side-lining 'workers' for the empire, then that should be something you agents want to know. All I need is you to throw around some big words, and maybe a few credits if you have them? When inside things'll be easy".

V sits down at one of the tables, looking around as she put on her best flirtatious smile. She casually observes the surroundings, looking for anything to note.

Brecor lets out a heavy sigh at the sad state of affairs before him. He addresses the men around him. "Have you at least set up an intelligence-gathering system? Established local contacts? Laid the foundations for an information network, limited as your resources might be?"

"Why, yes sir! In a manner of speaking, we have 75% of our resources committed to gathering intelligence, as we speak." The corporal looks hopeful, but sees the officer is having none of it.

Castar doesn't bother concealing his eyeroll at the merchant's comments.

Sure friend, I'm sure ALL of these parts are right off the manufacturer's assembly line.

Not wanting to waste any more of his time with the man, he pockets his parts and heads purposefully in the direction of the Spire.

"Arkmeda here, I'm enroute"

The emperor's agent takes in the atmosphere of the cantina, smiling as her eyes wander over the patrons, finally coming to rest on an attractive blue-skinned female with a prominent ridge leading up from the bridge of her nose. When the woman's amber eyes meet Veitra's gaze, her thin purple lips part to reveal a smile full of sharp teeth. Rising from her seat at the bar, she grabs her drink and makes her way toward the Zeltron.

"Good evening. May I join you?" Taking the seat across from Veitra, she smiles again. "I am Jocinda. What brings you to the Wheel?"

It is only upon hearing the woman's melodic voice, that she recognizes what had drawn her attention to begin with. She had distinctly heard her mention ' the ring', just prior to looking over. The same 'ring' Luks has been going on about..? The woman had been sitting alone at the bar, but there is a comlink attached to the lapel of her sequined pantsuit...

Edited by Edgehawk
Added a paragraph at the end.

Brecor raises an eyebrow skeptically. "And, pray tell, what have you gathered in the time you've been stationed here?"

Gathering wool, mostly...

"Sir. The Wheel is rife with petty crime, and the blood sports tend to be pretty lethal. Those Wookiees you transported will be lucky to survive the night. Probably fodder for some frelling huge monster in the Spire. But nothing we come across is actionable. Not by us. Not here."

V smiled.

Oh, just to hang around. I heard that this place was fun, and fun is something I’m looking for~

V winked at the female, running a hand through her hair seductively.

"Fun, is it?" The woman does not appear entirely convinced, but seems willing enough to play along. "If you fancy the arenas, I am heading to the Ring shortly. I would be delighted if you would accompany me- if you don't mind a bit of blood, that is?" There is a feral glint in her eye as she says the last bit.

(Please make a Perception check vs. 1 Purple, 2 Red

@Von3679 )

"Ok," Briar replied to Den, somewhat hesitantly "How do you intend to go in the service entrance without being someone who actually works there?" she asked, still slightly skeptical, I've come this far haven't I? Might as well see if they really are the same Wookiees.

"We should also wait for Arkmeda, before we try to get in the service entrance, we might not be able to use comms if we manage to get through."

"How do you think?" He would snap, growing impatient as he was ever more conscious about how long the wookies may have. Taking a deep breath he would continue, calming himself. "Credits talk in a place like this, and if not that, a little muscle on top should cover it. A place like this ain't exactly likely to be a place of upstanding citizens. "Alright, we wait a little bit, but not forever alright?I know I want to check this out, but I'd rather not be on this station much longer than we have to".

Sure... shall we go...?

V smiled as she stood up, looking at the female as she stuck out her hips, waiting.

Arkmeda arrives at the end of the tube where access to the Spire is controlled, and spies an obviously impatient Luks speaking animatedly to the more reserved Agent Ostell. As he approaches them, they would all notice the Zeltron agent moving toward the main entrance. With her is a smartly dressed near-human woman with blue pigmentation and a prominent cranial ridge.

Back at the docking bay, the corporal is visibly squirming under Lieutenant Sturit's unexpected probing into the rudderless outpost. "Sir. If you are going to be operating from a nearby sector, I would be happy to implement a more.. structured intelligence operation here. Under your direction, of course. What are your orders?"

Brecor looks the man up and down, scrutinizing this closely. "First, you will need to get in touch with the Wheel administration to discuss a sharing of resources. Of course, we don't have much to offer them... for the moment. But friendship with the Empire should be incentive enough for them to throw some intel your way from time to time. Next, establishing local contacts is essential. Who are the people of influence here? Are there any factions that might be willing to share information?"

Looking up, Den would sigh, shaking his head a little as he gestures Arkmeda to join. "About time you get here, whatever happened to that imperial efficiency eh? Ok, so here's my plan-" he would pause as he looks up to frown in confusion as he sees the agent moving towards the entrance. "What's she doing?"

Castar looks at Den with fake incredulity...

"Pffsshhh. I'm the cavalry. No matter what time we arrive, it's ALWAYS the perfect time."

He glances towards Agent V, then turns a querying eye back to Den.

"Based on how long we've both been here. I'll say that your guess is infinitely better than mine."

V continued to walk beside the female.

So... what are you here for?

Den would think about this for a moment before shrugging. "Ah, it's not important. Look, we need to be out of this place soon so we can get on with our real mission, so let's make this quick, yeah?" Den would begin to trudge towards the service entrance, turning back to the talk to the others. "Ok, I reckon Briar is our way in, so can you do some talking to the guards, maybe use that agent title to get them to let us past?"

"While I would prefer that you refer to me as Agent Ostell when we are on Imperial installations, using that title here will not get us much." Briar said, looking in the direction of the service entrance. "While I would not normally consider it a good idea, it would probably be a better idea to simply offer them something in exchange for letting us pass." Briar finished, putting as much emphasis as she could into the word 'something.'

"I am here for the fights. And the main event should be getting underway presently. Come on." The woman presents an identicard for inspection at the gate. Veitra would notice that it has her picture, as well as some sort of medical insignia emblazoned upon it. Indicating her new companion. "She is with me. Oh! Here, I have a pass for her." She shows the guard another card, with the same design, but no personal identifiers except for an alphanumeric sequence. The guard seems to accept this, and steps aside to allow them to enter into the Spire, handing the pass to V. "Keep this on your person, and stay with your host."

Den would sigh, shrugging after a moment. "Alright, well can one of you guys see to the something? On my salary I'm not exactly rolling in it, you know?" he would state, patting his pockets as if explaining his statement.

V nods.

Sure... thank you.

she smiles at the guard, linking her hand with the blue skinned female’s

I will... very closely.

she winked.

Briar motioned for the other two to follow and approached the guard at the service entrance.

"Hi." Briar said as if she was out of breath, "This is our first day, but we had our passes stolen." she said trying to sound frantic "And we're already late, so if you could let us in we'd be very grateful, and I'll bring the replacements to show you as soon as we get them." As she finished she held out 400 credits for the guard.

The guard steals a glance in the direction of the main gate, then discreetly pockets the credits. "Of course, miss. Here." The sentry supplies the trio with three generic passes. "You may be stopped without these, and it would come back on me." The staff passes have clips and lanyards, that they may be displayed as desired. The guard's gaze seems to linger momentarily on the Duros as he hands him the badge, but the credits in his pocket help assuage any doubts he may be having.