Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

On 4/15/2020 at 11:52 PM, Edgehawk said:

Griff can have a beast call , if you like, which can produce sound waves unpleasant to the creatures. It will keep them at bay, if you do not continue to attack. If they do approach within Short range, it will have the effect of a noise grenade, each round it is exposed to it.

Instead of taking Strain for the Threat, I am going to assign the Strain to your mount, which is already somewhat stressed.

Griff would probably have some kind of holo with various beast calls so that makes sense?

he won’t attack creatures unless they are a threat to life so if they just are walking past he will just leave em be

1 hour ago, April said:

Griff would probably have some kind of holo with various beast calls so that makes sense?

he won’t attack creatures unless they are a threat to life so if they just are walking past he will just leave em be

The holo beast call is fine! The weaponized frequency will repel them, keep them from approaching, so long as you present no further threat.

@Edgehawk , can Hale make a Perception or Vigilance check to make sure everything is on the up-and-up?

Average check, either skill. @P-47 Thunderbolt

@bsmith23 Did you break away from providing air support for the new scouts? I know that scene has stalled somewhat, but I thought Ral was still there?

Vigilance : 2eP+1eA+2eD 4 successes, 1 threat
p-a-a.png p-s-s.png a-s-s.png d-th.png d-th-th.png

Take a strain?

Strain is fine. You notice the PQ has slipped her binders, partly due to the removed hand.

IC post amended.

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

Average check, either skill. @P-47 Thunderbolt

@bsmith23 Did you break away from providing air support for the new scouts? I know that scene has stalled somewhat, but I thought Ral was still there?

Sorry, thought we reset.

No, still there. 😝

I will personally keep the guards Injected with Improved Stim Application for increased Willpower against the PQ's tricks 😄

Sorry, guys. I’d been working on a post, on and off all day, and it appears to have disappeared... I’ll get something up tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Sorry, guys. I’d been working on a post, on and off all day, and it appears to have disappeared... I’ll get something up tomorrow.

You might want to consider having a Google Doc for "post testing" that you can then copy-paste into the forum. That's what I often do, especially if I'm planning ahead.

Joint Service Commendation Ribbon (all uniformed service members)

Combat Action Ribbon (all uniformed service members)

Bronze Star, Marksmanship Badge @Rabobankrider

Commission to Lieutenant-Inspector, Operational Success Award @Imperial Stormtrooper

Imperial Medal of Valor, for conspicuous bravery @P-47 Thunderbolt

Obsidian Crescent, for getting stuck in the eye @Rimsen

Promotion to Lieutenant Commander, Imperial Navy Defense Ribbon @bsmith23

Fear check, everyone, vs 3 reds.

Evon’s eye has yet to be replaced. @Rimsen

Q’ri and Hawk have been effectively exiled from Saleucami planetary operations, and have been vetted for task force use. @April @Barbaross41

Also... Happy Anniversary, to those with the game from the beginning. We started this journey one year ago today.

: 1eP+3eA+3eD 1 success, 1 threat, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png a--.png a-s-a.png a-a.png d-th.png d-f-th.png d-th.png : 3eC 4 failures
c-f-f.png c-f.png c-f.png

Ignore the purple dice I rolled them by accident

Let's see if Hale's "Conspicuous Bravery" stands up. :D

(I'm betting failure, threat, and Despair :P )

Fear check : 1eP+2eA+3eC 1 success, 3 threat, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png a-s-a.png a-s.png c-th-th.png c-f-th.png c-f-th.png

Oh. Wow, I wasn't expecting to do that well.

(*looks at book,* "wait, are we about to fight Darth Vader? O_O *looks at IC post* "AHA.") What's for the 3 Threat? Book says Staggered or 3 Strain. Triumph says it can cancel previous effects of fear or prevent me from having to make future checks. Guessing that 3 Strain and no future fear checks would probably make the most sense under the circumstances (though I'll wait for confirmation before recording).

FYI, you may want to click the "post as plain text" button when copy-pasting from Google Docs. I have experienced some buggy-ness with that in the past, though.

So are we assuming to move ahead or still going on with Saleucami. Do I need to do the Fear check?

1 hour ago, bsmith23 said:

So are we assuming to move ahead or still going on with Saleucami. Do I need to do the Fear check?

The introductory scout scene was lagging, so I narrated past it. You can be with the task force, or still out, as you see fit.

3 hours ago, Shlambate said:

: 1eP+3eA+3eD 1 success, 1 threat, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png a--.png a-s-a.png a-a.png d-th.png d-f-th.png d-th.png : 3eC 4 failures
c-f-f.png c-f.png c-f.png

Okay, so net 1t,2a,2f.

• Triumph = No need for any further fear related checks this scene (if applicable) or Upgrade to next check vs DV
  • 2 Advantage = Boost to next fear check
  • 2 Failure = Setback to actions this scene
2 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Fear check : 1eP+2eA+3eC 1 success, 3 threat, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png a-s-a.png a-s.png c-th-th.png c-f-th.png c-f-th.png

• Triumph (See above)
  • Threat = 3 Strain
  • Success = (avoids any further fear effects)
Just now, Edgehawk said:
  • Triumph (See above)
  • Threat = 3 Strain
  • Success = (avoids any further fear effects)

Phew, glad I took that nap. Wouldn't do for an Imperial medal of valor winner to just pass out in front of Vader. :D

36 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

The introductory scout scene was lagging, so I narrated past it. You can be with the task force, or still out, as you see fit.

So let's have me in the hangar, with the TIE. If that's where everyone else is lined up for V, I'll be in formation, too.

Here's a Fear check, if needed.

Fear check : 1eA+1eP+3eC 1 failure
a-a.png p-s-s.png c-f-f.png c-f.png c-th.png

Uhhh, good thing I'm wearing the helmet and poopie suit, I guess...

Csn I get an easier fear check as I only see half of Vader?

Fear of Vader : 3eA+3eC 1 success, 2 threat
a-s-s.png a-s.png a-a-a.png c-th-th.png c-th-th.png c-f-f.png

Could be worse. Strain?

@bsmith23 failure = setback to actions this scene

@Rimsen threat = 2 Strain

Fear Check : 2eA+3eC 3 failures, 1 advantage, 1 Despair
a-a.png a-s-s.png c-f-f.png c-d.png c-f-f.png

lol, someone had to balance out those two triumphs... not that I was expecting anything different.