Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

50 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

To be clear, the walker you are hunting is a “Varactyl” prototype, a manned scouting and attack vehicle, but not actually an organic or cybernetic creature of any kind.

As an ISB doctor, Evon would be skilled at navigating through such medical records, so an assist from him could add an additional Boost. If successful, @Rimsen can make an Average Medicine check to confirm/disprove the likelihood of a match.

Of course, I assist her.

Cool, so one more boost coming up.

Boost : 1eB 1 success
b-s.png

I'm honestly surprised that that worked. So that's a success now with 4 advantage. I'll post IC later, once I know the what Briar learns. I can't think of much for the advantage. Could I add a boost or two to @Rimsen 's check?

13 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

I'm honestly surprised that that worked. So that's a success now with 4 advantage. I'll post IC later, once I know the what Briar learns. I can't think of much for the advantage. Could I add a boost or two to @Rimsen 's check?

4 Advantage can add 2 Boosts to Evon’s check.

@Barbaross41 Hawk is up! He has orders to destroy the renegade walker and its traitorous occupants, testing the combat capabilities of his own walker in the process.

On 4/6/2020 at 8:20 PM, Edgehawk said:

Walker Duel Initiative

• Nuuno x2 (antennae) 4s,2a,1t
  • Lt. Ral Somar @bsmith23 4s
  • Sgt. Hawk @Barbaross41 (walker beyond HT) 1s,3a
  • Renegade Walker (immobilized, beyond SS threshold) 1s,2a
  • Hunter Q’ri @April 1s,1a
  • Nuuno x2 (claws)

@April Q’ri is up, and he’s got some big game.

Shoot : 4eD+1eA+3eP 2 successes, 1 threat, 1 Triumph

19 minutes ago, April said:

Shoot : 4eD+1eA+3eP 2 successes, 1 threat, 1 Triumph

If you are targeting the renegade walker, and use the Triumph to activate Blast, that will take the walker completely out of the fight.

However, since the renegade walker is already Immobilized and beyond its System Strain threshold, it is effectively out of the fight even before your shot.

If you would prefer to attack one of the two large boulder-like creatures, you may edit your IC accordingly; they appear to be the greater immediate threat. An Average Xenology check (as an incidental) might indicate Grif has some knowledge of the local fauna.

Just now, Edgehawk said:

If you are targeting the renegade walker, and use the Triumph to activate Blast, that will take the walker completely out of the fight.

Blast only affects things engaged with the original target, not the target itself. If you were to throw a Frag and roll 1s2a, you'd apply 9 damage to the original target and 7 damage from Blast to anyone engaged. You wouldn't apply 9 and then another 7.

Oops...
Okay, @April . @P-47 Thunderbolt is correct, regarding Blast. Looking at your rifle, it is also limited to Short range, whereas you are at Extreme. Even the Empire would not have sent you to hunt a walker with such a weapon, so you could have been equipped with a more suitable weapon at the crater, up to/including a missile tube.

14 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Oops...
Okay, @April . @P-47 Thunderbolt is correct, regarding Blast. Looking at your rifle, it is also limited to Short range, whereas you are at Extreme. Even the Empire would not have sent you to hunt a walker with such a weapon, so you could have been equipped with a more suitable weapon at the crater, up to/including a missile tube.

So I should re roll with a missile tube? ( I’ll have to edit the post ic too)

Edited by April

Missile Tube with a Jawa? What is he, the ammo? :D

(sorry, the visual is hilarious)

Note that the Missile Tube has the Cumbersome 3 quality. A Weapon Sling or Harness would negate that.

7 minutes ago, April said:

So I should re roll with a missile tube? ( I’ll have to edit the post ic too)

You can keep the existing roll, for a destiny flip. Harness or sling included, though your mount would likely be carrying it except in combat.

On 4/8/2020 at 4:58 AM, Edgehawk said:

Hard Computers or Warfare can access the records from the authentication of the severed hand. An Average Medicine check from Evon can then establish the likelihood of a match. @Rimsen

Need an Average Medicine check from Evon to confirm (or discredit) a match.

7 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Need an Average Medicine check from Evon to confirm (or discredit) a match.

Sorry. I didn't see the Knowledge check, I thought mine depends on that.

CSI: Seleucami : 2eP+2eA+1eB+2eD 2 successes, 3 advantage
p-a.png p-a-a.png a-s.png a-s.png b-a.png d--.png d-th.png

Okay. @Imperial Stormtrooper and @Rimsen . The genetic sample taken from the PQ is a match for the severed hand which launched this mission. For the Advantage, let’s say the results are incontrovertible, and quickly reached. It is feasible that Evon could have obtained a sample from the girl, while in custody, so he can also confirm the PQ’s maternity.

@Edgehawk , how long does Den need to sleep to recover?

10 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk , how long does Den need to sleep to recover?

I’m going to move things along a bit this week. Resting overnight will take care of the task force (Wounds and Strain fully recovered), with the exception of Evon’s eye.

On 4/10/2020 at 10:48 PM, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Missile Tube with a Jawa? What is he, the ammo? :D

(sorry, the visual is hilarious)

Note that the Missile Tube has the Cumbersome 3 quality. A Weapon Sling or Harness would negate that.

Somebody has never played the old republic bounty hunter... hmm I think I’d rather not take such a huge gun unless it was some sort of one shot weapon. Using a destiny flip seems a large cost so re reoll would be better?

@April You can keep the roll, minus the Triumph, without flipping a destiny point (With no ranks in gunnery, a dp flip would be required for a Triumph result). Or roll it over, using gunnery. Your call.

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

@April You can keep the roll, minus the Triumph, without flipping a destiny point

I’ll do that then if I could? Are there one shot missile tubes?

11 minutes ago, April said:

I’ll do that then if I could? Are there one shot missile tubes?

Prep 1, Ltd ammo 6, Guided 3

Breach 1, Blast 10, Cumbersome 3

2 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Prep 1, Ltd ammo 6, Guided 3

Breach 1, Blast 10, Cumbersome 3

Ouch... how would I narrate that... hmmm interesting

On 4/10/2020 at 5:00 PM, Edgehawk said:

Since the renegade walker is already Immobilized and beyond its System Strain threshold, it is effectively out of the fight even before your shot.

If you would prefer to attack one of the two large boulder-like creatures, you may edit your IC accordingly; they appear to be the greater immediate threat. An Average Xenology check (as an incidental) might indicate Grif has some knowledge of the local fauna.

@April in case you didn’t catch this

20 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

@April in case you didn’t catch this

Odd why am I not getting notifications in mail.. did they change something?

oh noes!
Xenology : 2eD+3eP 4 successes, 2 threat, 1 Triumph
d-th.png d-th.png p-s-s.png p-tr.png p-s.png