Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Roll Hard Deception. Give yourself a Boost. @Imperial Stormtrooper

I'm going to flip a destiny point to upgrade the check.

Deception (w/Destiny) : 3eP+1eB+3eD 0 successes, 1 advantage
p-s-s.png p-s-a.png p-a.png b--.png d-f.png d-f-f.png d-th.png

Sigh, well that could have gone better.

Is the kid in view of the camera? If possible, Hale would like to keep her presence unknown from the crazy lady who may-or-may-not be on our side, but Hale wouldn't know that.

9 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Is the kid in view of the camera? If possible, Hale would like to keep her presence unknown from the crazy lady who may-or-may-not be on our side, but Hale wouldn't know that.

You can make a Stealth check versus 4 Difficulty to shield the girl from the holocomm/drown out her voice.

Stealth: Shhh, kid... : 3eA+4eD 2 failures, 2 threat
a--.png a-s.png a-a.png d-th.png d-f-th.png d-f-f.png d-th.png

Noope. Not that time.

21 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Noope. Not that time.

Sorry. It was an opposed check. 2 Threat will add a Setback to next PC check.

Just now, Edgehawk said:

Sorry. It was an opposed check.

Wait, did I do something wrong, or are you just explaining the difficulty? I had kinda assumed it was opposed, but did something get messed up?

11 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Wait, did I do something wrong, or are you just explaining the difficulty? I had kinda assumed it was opposed, but did something get messed up?

No, sorry for the confusion. Yes, it was an opposed check, and you rolled correctly.

Evon is probably best at the strike team, providing support and first aid.

3 hours ago, Rimsen said:

Evon is probably best at the strike team, providing support and first aid.

The Phantom? It will be cozy, but for such a short journey, Evon can squeeze in with Drogo.

Just now, Edgehawk said:

The Phantom? It will be cozy, but for such a short journey, Evon can squeeze in with Drogo.

I'm not sure my abilities would help the "diversion" team

17 minutes ago, Rimsen said:

I'm not sure my abilities would help the "diversion" team

Evon with Ral and Drogo makes for a good split, plus Evon is familiar with the ship’s layout. Sounds good!

I am B4tman on Discord

I am not on discord, and people make fun of me for it. :P

Maybe this'll finally convince me to get on...

18 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I am not on discord, and people make fun of me for it. :P

I was on, but not active, and deleted the app to free up space on my phone. I decided to get back on, just in case the forum abruptly closes up shop.

If anyone wishes to engage in further Negotiations with Venlana, it will be versus 1 Difficulty + 3 Challenge dice; or Coercion vs. 2 Difficulty + 1 Challenge + 1 Setback. @Imperial Stormtrooper @Rimsen @Rabobankrider @P-47 Thunderbolt

@bsmith23 @Shlambate Which vessel do you intend to approach and board? Venlana is aboard the Intrepid, holding the Captain and part of the crew hostage; apparently the rest of the crew is being held on the ship’s shuttle out in front of it. The light cruiser beneath the Intrepid has not made contact, nor have the 2 fighters flanking.

Can we discretely board either vessel?

1 minute ago, Shlambate said:

Can we discretely board either vessel?

You can try to discreetly board any of them. The Phantom requires a Daunting Perception check to be discovered, but boarding might incur a Stealth check, depending on method used/ circumstances.

I want to get in and ry to sabotage the big ship's weapons and engines

30 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

I want to get in and ry to sabotage the big ship's weapons and engines

The imperial ship Intrepid (ADZ-class Destroyer) or the unidentified light cruiser beneath it? They’re both pretty big.

I am on the Phantom , so I presume communication would give away our position. I wait for the boarding.

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

The imperial ship Intrepid (ADZ-class Destroyer) or the unidentified light cruiser beneath it? They’re both pretty big.

The Destroyer

32 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

The Destroyer

Assuming “your pilot” complies, the Phantom manages to approach the Destroyer without any indication of it being detected.

Okay, hotshot. Average Piloting (space) with 1 Setback, to position the Phantom for your boarding action without alerting the ship. @bsmith23

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

Assuming “your pilot” complies, the Phantom manages to approach the Destroyer without any indication of it being detected.

Okay, hotshot. Average Piloting (space) with 1 Setback, to position the Phantom for your boarding action without alerting the ship. @bsmith23

Skilled Jockey talent to remove Setback, and...

Approaching the ship : 1eA+2eP+2eD 2 successes, 2 threat, 1 Triumph
a-s.png p-tr.png p-s.png d-th.png d-f-th.png

Hoody Hoo!

I'll take the Strain as I focus to nimbly get the ship into position. Unless someone has a better idea, I'd like to claim the Triumph as an upgrade on any future assault on the Destroyer, as I detect a weakness to exploit as I'm waiting.