Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

10 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Ooo... I know a fun GM roll when I see one!

Just to make it more fun, roll the other Setback for Adversary 1. 🙂

2 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Just to make it more fun, roll the other Setback for Adversary 1. 🙂

O_o What other Setback? Adversary 1 Upgrades the Difficulty once.

That's why I rolled 2 Challenge dice instead of one.

Just now, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

That's why I rolled 2 Challenge dice instead of one.

Oops. Sorry, my bad. Rookie gm here. Move along.

Wait, in the SCAR squad thing you said that they could take an action whenever their squad lead rolled a Triumph, "distinct from the other effects of a Triumph, not in lieu of" does that mean that they can take an action now in addition to having already spent the Triumph, or am I misunderstanding?

If it is in addition to, I'd like to make a combat check with them.

@P-47 Thunderbolt 2 Threat= Fear of Heights from the "vertical spaces" chart in Endless Vigil: "PC gets a better look at the drop down than is entirely comfortable... At start of each of his turns he must make an Avg Discipline check as an Incidental or become Staggered. Triumph..?

edit: Whatever else you come up with for the Triumph, you may have the Banshees take an action. @P-47 Thunderbolt

Edited by Edgehawk
Banshees

@Edgehawk added reaching the bottom of the tower to my original post, rather than make a whole new one.

If the check is to do damage, I use the Triumph to Ensnare, if the check was to Ensnare and not do damage, then the Triumph was to knock the weapon out of his hand.

Then, unless I misread the rules, I'd like Banshee squad to make a combat check.

Banshee combat check against the guy on top of the AT-TE: is it long range?

It wouldn't be upgraded because I'm still at Short range from the guy.

Shooting flies off a frog's back : 2eP+1eA+3eD 0 successes, 2 threat
p-a-a.png p--.png a-s-s.png d-f-f.png d-th-th.png d-th-th.png

Well... That went well.

Sliding down the ladder.

: 3eA+2eD 1 success, 2 advantage
a-a.png a-s-a.png a-s.png d--.png d-f.png

Ill use advantage to give myself a second manuever. I'd like to try make a run for my walker if that's possible @Edgehawk ?

16 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

If the check is to do damage, I use the Triumph to Ensnare, if the check was to Ensnare and not do damage, then the Triumph was to knock the weapon out of his hand.

I don't have CotR, so please use the whipcord thrower as you see fit, RAW.

27 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

If it is in addition to, I'd like to make a combat check with them.

Yes. In addition to.

Well, there are a couple options, one is not specified in RAW, but would be to attempt to wrap up the opponent without damaging them, however, I'll go with the safer option of strict RAW and hit for 9 damage (plus, 9 damage is pretty nice) and use the Triumph to trigger Ensnare 2.

Srry fr the delay, final exams end on tuesday, will be back then. Cant rmb if i informed yall already.

19 hours ago, SithArissa said:

Sliding down the ladder.

: 3eA+2eD 1 success, 2 advantage
a-a.png a-s-a.png a-s.png d--.png d-f.png

Ill use advantage to give myself a second manuever. I'd like to try make a run for my walker if that's possible @Edgehawk ?

That will get you halfway there. Next turn it will take 2 Maneuvers to arrive and then mount the walker, but there is a quick-release (Incidental to separate from the shuttle), so you may then take immediate action with the walker.

Do you want me to make a save roll now, or do I wait until my next turn?

What can I do as a melee combatant?

You could try to close the distance so that you can act next round. Aside from other stuff not directly related to combat.

I guess I will move with a maneuver and action toward the AT-TE

7 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

That will get you halfway there. Next turn it will take 2 Maneuvers to arrive and then mount the walker, but there is a quick-release (Incidental to separate from the shuttle), so you may then take immediate action with the walker.

I cant make 3 manoeuvres a turn so will still take 2 to get there and mount I guess. 😧

4 hours ago, SithArissa said:

I cant make 3 manoeuvres a turn so will still take 2 to get there and mount I guess. 😧

2 Maneuvers total, to both arrive and mount.

5 hours ago, Shlambate said:

I guess I will move with a maneuver and action toward the AT-TE

You can make 1 maneuver to reach the edge of the platform, but the AT-TE will still be at Medium range- it is presently still in the clutches of the LAAT/c, which has taken flight. Hale made a running leap to attack from short range with his whipcord.

7 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Do you want me to make a save roll now, or do I wait until my next turn?

Next round. You're like the roadrunner's coyote, 'til you look down.

6 hours ago, Shlambate said:

What can I do as a melee combatant?

You may commit XP to Enhance fp if you wish to force leap? Or you could just twirl that Inquisitor lightsaber over your head and hope you fly. 😛

Honestly, I'd be fine with either. I'm trying to keep the pace up in this game, and the XP for Enhance and the necessary upgrades are probably only a couple encounters away.

Edited by Edgehawk
6 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Next round. You're like the roadrunner's coyote, 'til you look down.

If I don't look down, do I stay in place? ;)