Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

How far is it from all of us.

Long range, I believe.

Any chance Drogos can throw me up there @Shlambate ?

If not, I'd like to take a shot (if no one objects).

Just now, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Long range, I believe.

Any chance Drogos can throw me up there @Shlambate ?

If not, I'd like to take a shot (if no one objects).

Don't have move, Have 4 brawn, I could toss you.

I don't think you could throw me that far though, pity. A "flying" stormtrooper with a Z-6 would be rather intimidating if you ask me ;) .

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I don't think you could throw me that far though, pity. A "flying" stormtrooper with a Z-6 would be rather intimidating if you ask me ;) .

You just got to believe, @Edgehawk can I toss him?

I've got a whipcord thrower (short range) if Drogos can get me close enough, can I use it as a grapnel?

Intiative (Warfare) : 1eP+3eA 1 success, 5 advantage
p-a-a.png a-a.png a-a-a.png a-s.png

So what ways are there to get down from the tower?

Vigilance - AT-TE : 3eA 2 successes, 3 advantage
a-s-s.png a-a-a.png a-a.png

The doc will probably stay on the edge of the fight, maybe can I look for a weak point with Knowledge(Education)?

I'd guess it would probably be Knowledge (Warfare) though, giant tank and all...

@Edgehawk , what about the other troopers? Are you going to roll initiative for them?

20 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I'd guess it would probably be Knowledge (Warfare) though, giant tank and all...

I can still roll that, maybe with a setback die, because I have no prior experience with military tech.

Lighting up with the TIEs guns...

Sil 3 vs Sil 4 for AT-TE, no defense , 1upgrade due to friendlies

TIE attack vs AT TE : 1eA+2eP+1eD+1eC 1 success, 1 Triumph
a-a-a.png p-s-s.png p-tr.png d-f-f.png c-th-th.png

Only 7 actual damage, but activating a Vehicle Crit roll with Triumph.

Crit roll : 1d100 46

Component Hit: targeting the gun aimed at the silo.

Edited by bsmith23
4 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

So what ways are there to get down from the tower?

The ladder on the outside. It is upwards of twenty meters, so jumping would be a last resort.

@Rimsen You may make a Hard Knowledge (Warfare) check.

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

The ladder on the outside. It is upwards of twenty meters, so jumping would be a last resort.

So, would it be possible to get down the ladder in one round, or would it take two?

5 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

So, would it be possible to get down the ladder in one round, or would it take two?

Average Athletics or Coordination to slide down the ladder in 1 Maneuver; otherwise 2 Maneuvers (taking 2 Strain to complete this round).

Yeah, @Rimsen , tanks aren't your bailiwick. Take 1 Strain.

11 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@Edgehawk , what about the other troopers? Are you going to roll initiative for them?

http://swsheets.com/c/pcrn47fzi-banshee-s-c-a-r

13 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I've got a whipcord thrower (short range) if Drogos can get me close enough, can I use it as a grapnel?

It will be an Athletic attack, but it is already Brawn-based, so make the check with an additional Setback and Upgrade one Difficulty to a Challenge. It will also require 2 Maneuvers, so take 2 Strain. Success means you can narrate launching yourself close enough to Ensnare the gunner. Failure... probably entangle the legs of the AT-TE; Despair will be a longer drop, though the whipcord can probably catch something before you create your own crater.

Since I think it takes a maneuver to take an item out of storage (Briar's comms device), then only one maneuver left so...

Down the Ladder (Coordination) : 2eA+2eD 0 successes
a-s-s.png a-a.png d-f-th.png d-f.png

That's not good...

Banshee squad: Initiative : 2eP+1eA 0 successes, 3 advantage
p-a-a.png p--.png a-a.png

Sorry I'm late, I slept in a little.

What is the difficulty of the Athletic check?

38 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Since I think it takes a maneuver to take an item out of storage (Briar's comms device), then only one maneuver left so...

Down the Ladder (Coordination) : 2eA+2eD 0 successes
a-s-s.png a-a.png d-f-th.png d-f.png

That's not good...

Managing most devices would require a maneuver, but for a comlink, I'm willing to assume it's on your lapel or wrist. Just spend the 2nd maneuver (2 Strain) if you want to narrate Briar down and off the tower.

9 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Banshee squad: Initiative : 2eP+1eA 0 successes, 3 advantage
p-a-a.png p--.png a-a.png

Sorry I'm late, I slept in a little.

What is the difficulty of the Athletic check?

Since the melee attack is Brawn-based anyway, I'm not going to ask for a separate Athletics check. You will need to spend 2 Maneuvers and add a Setback (in addition to Adversary 1) to the attack; and I will be flipping Destiny to Upgrade.

Gone Fishing : 1eP+3eA+2eC+1eS 4 successes, 2 threat, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png a-a.png a-s.png a-s-s.png c-th.png c-th.png s-th.png

Ooo... I know a fun GM roll when I see one!

GM approval: I grab onto the gunner with the success, dealing 9 damage (Brawn+1+Success) as the cord slams into his body and wraps around him and with the Triumph, I trigger Ensnare 2. If this was a roll to ensnare him, not to damage him, and Success means I succeeded in that, can I use the Triumph to knock his weapon out of his hand (and preferably off the tank, though there is 2 Threat, which you could use to posit that it wasn't knocked off the tank)?