Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Make an Avg Underworld check please. @oneeyedmatt87

@Edgehawk , with Den having gone down the ramp, would he hear the others talking?

1 hour ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk , with Den having gone down the ramp, would he hear the others talking?

Sure. For all intents and purposes, the party is still together at this point.

On 9/3/2019 at 6:41 AM, Edgehawk said:
  • Taleucema City or Saleucami (Avg Outer Rim)
  • Zann Consortium (Avg Underworld)
  • Veiled Sorority (Hard Underworld)
  • Local Imperial Operations (Avg Warfare)

Anyone wishing to make a Knowledge check, who has not already done so, is welcome to. I will be moving forward to the meeting with Venlana this weekend.

Shiny!

Avg Underworld : 1eP+2eA+2eD 1 success, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png a-a.png a-s.png d-f-th.png d--.png

Initative

: 1eP+1eA 2 successes, 1 advantage
p-s.png a-s-a.png

On 9/6/2019 at 10:35 PM, oneeyedmatt87 said:

Shiny!

Avg Underworld : 1eP+2eA+2eD 1 success, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png a-a.png a-s.png d-f-th.png d--.png

Castar recognizes the red armor as belonging to the Zann Consortium Crimson Guard, who generally serve as close protection to Tyber Zann himself. He is armed with a T-7 Ion Disruptor, which he is currently raising in the direction of Venlana's Twi-lek personal assistant. The guard's voice is distorted by his helmet, and sounds like some sort of cant (not basic), but you can make it out as essentially "Don't do it."

edit to add: (Mechanically, you may use your Rapid Reaction talent to add a Success to your Initiative without the Strain cost; if you choose to do so, you may add a 2nd Success, but take 2 Strain). @oneeyedmatt87

Edited by Edgehawk

Intiative (Warfare) : 1eP+3eA 0 successes, 4 advantage
p-a.png a--.png a-a.png a-a-a.png

lol, that's certainly an interesting roll.

On 4/21/2019 at 9:51 AM, Edgehawk said:

Banshee Squad:

• "Dyson" TK-2114, Operations Sergeant, Banshee Squad Leader
  • "Griff" Engineering Sergeant
  • "Slowdive" Intelligence Sergeant
  • "Backbeat" Communications Sergeant
  • Den Luks* Weapons Sergeant, Pilot
  • Castar Arkmeda* Sergeant, Combat Driver

@P-47 Thunderbolt You're welcome to run the top four troopers in this game, if you're interested? The bottom two are PCs. The stormtroopers have recently been formed into a SCAR (special commando advanced recon) Squad and attached to a task force in the Outer Rim. The current storyline is a variation on mask of the pirate queen. If this is something you'd be interested in, let me know, and we can iron out the details. You'd essentially be running them as a beefed-up minion group.

Edited by Edgehawk

Conference Room Initiative:

• Venlana* 5s 2a
  • Veitra 3s 2a
  • Porel (Twi-lek assistant)* 2s 5a
  • Cani 2s 1a
  • Castar* 2s 1a
  • Crimson Guard* 1s 4a
  • Den 1s 1a
  • Briar 0s 4a
  • Brecor @btmaja

Edited by Edgehawk
Placed Veitra's roll in sequence.

Initiative Check : 2eA 1 success, 1 advantage
a--.png a-s-a.png

Hey all,

Firstly, I apologize for my lack of timely response. Life has been pretty crazy, and long story short, I haven't been able to devote the time and attention to this game that it (and you all) deserve.

In light of this, I'm going to have to leave the game (all of my pbps, actually). With my current workload and family obligations, I just can't keep up and I don't want to be slowing y'all down. I've greatly enjoyed it, and I'm sorry to go.

I wish you all the best. Good luck hunting down those pirates!

PS. Please feel free to use my character as an NPC if you wish to.

Edited by oneeyedmatt87

I am sorry to see you go @oneeyedmatt87 . I will keep Castar on, mostly in the background, should circumstances change or your availability improve. We will press on without you, but please feel free to jump in again, or just post as you are able. Best regards.

@SithArissa Cani is up!

@btmaja @Von3679 You may still roll Initiative to determine your positions in the remaining slots, or just go at the bottom of the round. If we otherwise get to the end, without hearing from you, we will proceed to the next round. Time and tide wait for none, mates.

Venlana's guard is pointing that disruptor uncomfortably close to the PCs, though it seems obvious they are not the intended target. I will not be calling for any Deception or Negotiation checks at this time, as it is occurring quickly in the heat of an unfolding combat scene. Preliminary evidence did point to Venlana being the traitor, but it certainly could have been pulled off by her personal assistant, who presumably could have had access and motive for setting her up. Also, they are both accomplished liars, well up in the hierarchy of a criminal enterprise. Should any of you wish to attempt a social check this round, feel free, but it will be an Action with a Setback.

edit to add: Venlana and her guard are at the head of the conference table (Short range); PCs are arranged along either side of the conference table; Porel is now by the door- Short range to the officers and agents nearer the head of the table (Cani, Briar, Brecor, Veitra) and Engaged to the troopers in the back (Den & Castar).

Venlana is Adversary 2 (2 upgrades), shield adds 2 Defense; Porel is Adversary 1.

Edited by Edgehawk

: 1eP+2eA+1eD+1eC 1 failure, 3 advantage

p-s-a.png a-a-a.png a--.png d--.png c-f-f.png

Taking a shot at Porel, missed. Will use advantage to give him 2 setback and a boost to whoever is next.

Den is up @Rabobankrider . You may use the Boost from Cani's Advantage. The Twi-lek assistant is basically writhing at your feet (engaged range).

Ahhhh, so sorry, ive been rlly busy with sch, finals in 2 weeks. Whats the initiative check?

Roll! Cool or Vigilance. If it beats 1 Success, 1 Advantage, you're up.

Edited by Edgehawk

At the risk of upsetting a potential ally, Den is going to try and (non-lethally) deal with the crimson guard so he doesn't disintegrate their traitor.

Den vs Crimson Guard : 1eP+2eA+1eB+2eD 1 failure, 1 advantage
p--.png a-s.png a-a-a.png b--.png d-f-f.png d-th.png So Den misses, and as the rifle in this case would count as an improvised weapon, this would cancel out the advantage as well. @Edgehawk , can Den position himself between the guard and Porel?

Yes. Den is basically at Engaged range to Porel, whom I narrated as down from massive damage in a single attack. Den can see that he lives, and the horrific amount of damage appears largely superficial.

Initiative

: 3eA 3 successes, 2 advantage
a-a.png a-s-s.png a-s-a.png

Hmmm... what’s the difficulty on a charm roll to diffuse the situation?

Edited by Von3679
33 minutes ago, Von3679 said:

Hmmm... what’s the difficulty on a charm roll to diffuse the situation?

Charm may be a tough sell at the moment. Negotiation would probably be more appropriate. Either will be opposed by 2eD+2eC, assuming you are targeting Venlana.

Den's interaction with the guard will add both a Boost and a Setback. If you go with Charm, add an additional Setback.

Was the deflector shield that Venlana activated on her person or attached to the table? Also, does Briar see any form of comm device on the table (or in), Venlana, or the Crimson Guard?

21 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Was the deflector shield that Venlana activated on her person or attached to the table? Also, does Briar see any form of comm device on the table (or in), Venlana, or the Crimson Guard?

The shield appeared to be generated from the table itself. Venlana has a comlink attached to the lapel of her jacket. You assume the guard's, if he has one, is integrated into his helmet. You are free to take your turn, if you are ready to act.

Edited by Edgehawk