Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

@Shlambate Drogos has been role played as a dark side inquisitor from the start. Are you looking to narrate him falling further to the dark side? We can do that by starting at 35 and going from there, if you want, calculating morality and conflict. Actually, the threshold is 30, so by the mechanics, you would not be a true dark sider until reaching 29.

Or you can just select a lower morality now, adjusting your ST and WT accordingly. Drogos is dark enough that I can envision him as already being there. But if you want to narrate him falling further, we can do that.

19 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Briar will go through the hole that Drogos cut in the lift.

The second sublevel consists of an open floor plan, with a dozen or so desks and consoles, and a number of larger holoscreens. It appears to have been evacuated.

I have posted a couple pics on discord, for reference.

52 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

@Shlambate Drogos has been role played as a dark side inquisitor from the start. Are you looking to narrate him falling further to the dark side? We can do that by starting at 35 and going from there, if you want, calculating morality and conflict. Actually, the threshold is 30, so by the mechanics, you would not be a true dark sider until reaching 29.

Or you can just select a lower morality now, adjusting your ST and WT accordingly. Drogos is dark enough that I can envision him as already being there. But if you want to narrate him falling further, we can do that.

Well no he was supposed to be Dark from the beginning but I took Exp not Morality, and from my understanding you could only do one at Character Creation.

13 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Well no he was supposed to be Dark from the beginning but I took Exp not Morality, and from my understanding you could only do one at Character Creation.

That’s fine, and I understand that choice for chargen purposes. So I am now giving you your choice of morality. Pick a number, any number. Well, any number under 30. Adjust your WT and ST accordingly, if you select a morality below 20.

15 morality based on his Actions, I believe this to be Accurate, I guess we wipe the Conflict slate clean and start counting now

He has 15 Strain Threshold and 18 Wound Threshold now.

12 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

15 morality based on his Actions, I believe this to be Accurate, I guess we wipe the Conflict slate clean and start counting now

He has 15 Strain Threshold and 18 Wound Threshold now.

Seems appropriate enough to me. Sounds good!

5 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

The second sublevel consists of an open floor plan, with a dozen or so desks and consoles, and a number of larger holoscreens. It appears to have been evacuated.

I have posted a couple pics on discord, for reference.

Is there anything else visible after going through the hole?

17 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Is there anything else visible after going through the hole?

You may make an Average Perception check as a Maneuver, sort of “looking and listening” as you move about the space.

3 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

You may make an Average Perception check as a Maneuver, sort of “looking and listening” as you move about the space.

Would it be possible to decide if to take strain or use my action to take that maneuver after the check, or does that not work? Getting close to strain threshold, so I'll need to think it over when I have time if I need to decide before.

3 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Would it be possible to decide if to take strain or use my action to take that maneuver after the check, or does that not work? Getting close to strain threshold, so I'll need to think it over when I have time if I need to decide before.

My intent was to allow the Perception check, without it costing you further Action. You could certainly choose to make the Perception check as an Action, and Maneuver to move into the space, as you attempt to perceive something important. Or, of course, come up with something completely different, if you have something else in mind.

So when @Shlambate says stormtrooper, I guess I count in that rank. Don't know how much help I'll be on foot with an Inquisitor a d Deathtroopers..

On 11/2/2020 at 7:42 AM, Edgehawk said:

Blown Lift Combat :

We are still in semi-structured time, but you can narrate yourself as going with Briar and the Banshees. Your Action will have to wait until later in the round, however. @bsmith23

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

We are still in semi-structured time, but you can narrate yourself as going with Briar and the Banshees. Your Action will have to wait until later in the round, however. @bsmith23

You come with Drogos, he calls you Pilot, Den and Hale are Stormtroopers.

14 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

My intent was to allow the Perception check, without it costing you further Action. You could certainly choose to make the Perception check as an Action, and Maneuver to move into the space, as you attempt to perceive something important. Or, of course, come up with something completely different, if you have something else in mind.

I'll suffer the two strain to take a second maneuver.

Perception : 2eP+1eA+2eD 1 success
p-s.png p-a.png a-s-a.png d-th.png d-f-th.png

16 hours ago, Shlambate said:

You come with Drogos, he calls you Pilot, Den and Hale are Stormtroopers.

Yeah, I was originally thinking of heading g you way. Safer for me , probably 😁

5 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Perception : 2eP+1eA+2eD 1 success

Briar hears a sound, almost animal in nature, from somewhere within; of more immediate concern, she hears movement above in the lift’s shaft, and spies shadows moving above (medium range). She would also see an access ladder in the lift’s shaft, now that she is no longer inside the lift.

8 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

I believe you still have your Action to take, then.

2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

I believe you still have your Action to take, then.

Yes, sorry. It's been a long week. So the shadows seem to be moving towards the access ladder, or am I misunderstanding?

27 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Yes, sorry. It's been a long week. So the shadows seem to be moving towards the access ladder, or am I misunderstanding?

They are at Medium range above you, just about to gain the 1st sublevel landing. Briar has initiative on them, so has a chance to act, before they exit the shaft, or move higher up.

47 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

They are at Medium range above you, just about to gain the 1st sublevel landing. Briar has initiative on them, so has a chance to act, before they exit the shaft, or move higher up.

I suppose shooting at them is the best option, any changes to difficulty?

8 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

I suppose shooting at them is the best option, any changes to difficulty?

No.

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

No.

Wouldn't there be Setbacks for darkness, or is it not as dark as I thought?

Shooting : 1eP+1eA+2eD 0 successes, 1 advantage
p-s-a.png a-a.png d-th.png d-f.png

Recover 1 strain for the advantage. I'll try to post IC later today.

7 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Wouldn't there be Setbacks for darkness, or is it not as dark as I thought?

There are two silhouettes near the 1st sublevel landing. They are close enough that the light from within would be enough to target them...

4 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Shooting : 1eP+1eA+2eD 0 successes, 1 advantage
p-s-a.png a-a.png d-th.png d-f.png

Recover 1 strain for the advantage. I'll try to post IC later today.

...or not.

@AtariAssasin and @EnsignActual you are up, in no particular order.

Hugo is wriggling up the conduit behind the Kyuzo and his animal companion, I believe? It is considered Difficult Terrain, though your compatriots possess Swift, so they are nearing the next level while you are only halfway. Hugo can hear the encrypted com-chatter of the death troopers, as they sweep the nearby server stacks below.

Charon easily gains the 1st sublevel landing, just as blaster fire erupts, ricocheting up the lift shaft. The large room the shaft opens into, has obviously been the site of a recent firefight, with a number of fallen rebel security troops to be seen; there is a single door, in the far wall, behind a severely damaged desk. Above, up the shaft, it is a long climb up to the main resort levels.