Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Yes. I’ll just narrate Den’s action tomorrow, to moves things along, if Rabo doesn’t post.

Sorry for the delay all, I'm currently getting ready to head back up north, so I'm probably not going to be able to post for a week or so. @Edgehawk sorry for the inconvenience, if any posts are needed for Den he will try to kill whatever threatens the group or do any heavy lifting needed.

@Edgehawk let me know when it’s my go.

On 10/30/2020 at 10:35 AM, Edgehawk said:

Blown Lift Combat :

@Shlambate Drogos is up.

@Rabobankrider Rebels failed in their attack, but spent 3 Advantage to disarm, sending the disruptor to the bottom of the shaft.

@Edgehawk same check to slice through?

22 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

@Edgehawk same check to slice through?

Yes. Edit: don’t forget to add the Boost from your previous check. @Shlambate

Edited by Edgehawk

Since we are short range now, might the Death Troopers blow the rebels up with grenades?

Just now, Rimsen said:

Since we are short range now, might the Death Troopers blow the rebels up with grenades?

Thermals have a blast radius of Short. I was hoping we could just drop them down the shaft from Medium range since gravity works for us rather than against us at this angle.

Lightsaber Check : 4eA+1eB+2eD 3 successes
a-s-s.png a-a.png a-s.png a-a-a.png b--.png d-th-th.png d-th.png

Nice, is there anything else he can do with the turn now that he is in?

I do have the manuevers.

@Rimsen @P-47 Thunderbolt The problem with tossing grenades from higher up, was that the angle would have been tricky. Now it would be better, and if anyone has Strong Arm, a grenade/detonator could bounce far enough into the 3rd sublevel to prevent the lift from being in the blast.

@Shlambate Unfortunately, it will still take the duration of the round to cut an opening in the lift ceiling, large enough for egress.

5 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

@Rimsen @P-47 Thunderbolt The problem with tossing grenades from higher up, was that the angle would have been tricky. Now it would be better, and if anyone has Strong Arm, a grenade/detonator could bounce far enough into the 3rd sublevel to prevent the lift from being in the blast.

@Shlambate Unfortunately, it will still take the duration of the round to cut an opening in the lift ceiling, large enough for egress.

I cannot move even after opening it?

51 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

I cannot move even after opening it?

You can dance a jig while you’re cutting through, but cutting the opening takes the duration of the round. I’m afraid there is no “after opening it” until your next turn.

The lift dropped so that the lift’s door is now just below the 2nd sublevel. Drogos would now need to cut through the roof, instead, in order to access the 2nd level. You might need to rephrase your IC a bit to reflect this. @Shlambate

Just now, Edgehawk said:

The lift dropped so that the lift’s door is now just below the 2nd sublevel. Drogos would now need to cut through the roof, instead, in order to access the 2nd level. You might need to rephrase your IC a bit to reflect this. @Shlambate

Well he was cutting through the door which is on the third no?

2nd Sublevel
|————-|
| (lift). |

3rd Sublevel

Following its drop, the lift’s door is now below the 2nd sublevel landing, but not yet at the 3rd sublevel. It is between floors. The lift’s roof, however, is now level with the 2nd sublevel landing.

I will open the Ceiling then

6 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Blown Lift Combat :

Starting with Hale, everyone else is up!

@Barbaross41 Bad luck, Hawk is hit for 16 wounds, unadjusted for Soak: Vs Hawk : 1eA+3eP+1eD 8 successes, 1 threat
a-s-s.png p-s-s.png p-s-s.png p-s-s.png d-th.png

It seems I should remind everyone again that the Inquisitor is presently cutting an opening into the lift’s ceiling, but it will take him the entire duration of this round to do so. This means that there is no access or view into the 2nd sublevel at this time.

Wait @Edgehawk Do i need to edit again? My post does not reflect end of round?

Hale:

Maneuver: Aim at the troopers below right
Action: Frag 'em: Grenade Out! : 1eP+2eA+1eB+1eD 1 failure, 3 advantage
p--.png a-a.png a-a.png b-a.png d-f.png

Triggers Blast 6. So with five troopers, that's 6*5-Soak*5. If Soak is 4, then that's 10 wounds.

18 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Wait @Edgehawk Do i need to edit again? My post does not reflect end of round?

It’s fine. I just didn’t want PCs to interpret your IC as being able to breach the 2nd sublevel this round.

23 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Hale:

Maneuver: Aim at the troopers below right
Action: Frag 'em: Grenade Out! : 1eP+2eA+1eB+1eD 1 failure, 3 advantage
p--.png a-a.png a-a.png b-a.png d-f.png

Triggers Blast 6. So with five troopers, that's 6*5-Soak*5. If Soak is 4, then that's 10 wounds.

That takes one out, and the rest are looking rather poorly.

6 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Thermals have a blast radius of Short. I was hoping we could just drop them down the shaft from Medium range since gravity works for us rather than against us at this angle.

They have frags too.

Anyone/anything needing an assist or shall I pew pew away? Is there room to even make a shot?

Short range, there’s room. @bsmith23

One of the Banshees is crumpled on the lift’s floor, motionless in a pool of blood. Hawk has just taken some serious fire, but is still up.

Edited by Edgehawk