Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Wouldn't that also come with the success that a Triumph Generates? Would that 1 damage kill another?

22 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Long range. Can shoot down ships. @P-47 Thunderbolt @Rabobankrider

Apologies here. I meant the T-7 was capable of long range, in response to the query, not that the rebels are currently at long range. Range is medium, so ignore the 2 threat from the last difficulty die.

Edited by Edgehawk

@Rabobankrider Post IC when you get the chance. @Imperial Stormtrooper Are you adding the Triumph to Crit (and take out) one of the rebels below?

On 10/26/2020 at 6:36 PM, Edgehawk said:

Blown Lift Combat :

Once Den’s IC post is up, an audible alarm can be heard chirping from the other side of the lift door, followed by the lift beginning to drop. Then Briar @Imperial Stormtrooper will be up, at the top of the next round.

Anybody has a convenient astromech on comlink who can stop the trash compactor elevator?

5 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

@Rabobankrider Post IC when you get the chance. @Imperial Stormtrooper Are you adding the Triumph to Crit (and take out) one of the rebels below?

Yes that's the plan.

58 minutes ago, Rimsen said:

Anybody has a convenient astromech on comlink who can stop the trash compactor elevator?

There's the ID9s that I forgot about, but I don't think they're very good with computers (but I'm not looking at the book).

2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Once Den’s IC post is up, an audible alarm can be heard chirping from the other side of the lift door, followed by the lift beginning to drop. Then Briar @Imperial Stormtrooper will be up, at the top of the next round.

Is there a list of things we can't do while the lift is falling, or is it just more difficult?

2 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

There's the ID9s that I forgot about, but I don't think they're very good with computers (but I'm not looking at the book).

Do you remember how many you reprogrammed?

2 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Is there a list of things we can't do while the lift is falling, or is it just more difficult?

Depends what you’re trying to do, really.

25 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Do you remember how many you reprogrammed?

I wrote down 2 on my character sheet. Which should be correct. I think there was an option to have a chance to reprogram more at a future date, but haven't done that yet.

Edited by Imperial Stormtrooper

How far does it fall between Briar's turn and Drogos?

Does the Death troopers have some whipcord or similar? Like military rope Luke used in Ep4 to jump through the chasm from the Stormtrooper belt? They could attach it to the elevator and launch them simultaniously so they hold the elevator at least while we leave it behind.

Edited by Rimsen

I'm warning you right now, keep the ID9s away from me!

1 hour ago, Rimsen said:

They could attach it to the elevator and launch them simultaniously so they hold the elevator at least while we leave it behind.

I’m afraid I’m having a difficult time envisioning this...

Just now, Edgehawk said:

I’m afraid I’m having a difficult time envisioning this...

To say it another way, they anchor the grapples to the lift car. Then they fire the other end and hook it to the wall/ceiling/etc. The cables hold up the car while we move out.

Or is it that he’s having trouble thinking that the four grapples could even lift the weight.

While elevator cords are strong enough to hold the maximum weight, a grapple may not be that strong.

Elevators do have between 4-8 cables on average, although one of those could carry the maximum posted weight so. It can be ruled either way I think.

The lift will drop a bit, but with Drogos acting early in the round, I will say he Binds it when the lift’s roof is still near the level above (cutting through the roof could still access the 2nd sublevel).

Combat with rebels on the 3rd sublevel will then be Short range.

I don’t think the cords would be adequate, and the death troopers are bent on revenge for their losses (busy in the firefight, with little regard for the lift or its fate).

@Edgehawk tell me when to roll

Is there some way to use a computers check to help Drogos with the lift? Either way, what's the range to the rebels at the start of the round?

Okay, understood :)

7 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Is there some way to use a computers check to help Drogos with the lift? Either way, what's the range to the rebels at the start of the round?

Okay.. Thinking about it, if there are failsafes in place, there should also be an emergency stop button, maybe? Maybe not, in a setting without guardrails. I don’t know. For a Destiny Point flip, Briar can spend 2 Maneuvers to locate, move to, and press the e-stop. This would effectively stop the lift at the same point I already described (lift ceiling near floor level of sublevel 2); with the added bonus that Drogos could begin cutting through, as opposed to Binding the lift for his action.

6 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Okay.. Thinking about it, if there are failsafes in place, there should also be an emergency stop button, maybe? Maybe not, in a setting without guardrails. I don’t know. For a Destiny Point flip, Briar can spend 2 Maneuvers to locate, move to, and press the e-stop. This would effectively stop the lift at the same point I already described (lift ceiling near floor level of sublevel 2); with the added bonus that Drogos could begin cutting through, as opposed to Binding the lift for his action.

So that would leave an action? Unless I'm misunderstanding. What would be the range to everything at that point?

1 hour ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

So that would leave an action? Unless I'm misunderstanding. What would be the range to everything at that point?

The rebels are now Short range, following a short drop of the lift. Yes, free to Act still.

Edited by Edgehawk

Can they be seen after pushing the button?

45 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Can they be seen after pushing the button?

The rebels the task force has been exchanging fire with? Yes. They were at Medium range, barely. Following the short drop the lift takes prior to the e-stop engaging, the rebels are now Short range below the lift.

Ok so suffer two strain to take the two maneuvers, then I'll try the formation tactics action.

Formation Tactics : 2eP+1eA+3eD 2 failures, 1 advantage
p-s-a.png p-a.png a-a.png d-th-th.png d-f.png d-f-f.png

Get 1 strain back for the advantage. I think I'd need better leadership to make formation tactics consistent.

Waiting of @Rabobankrider to post IC right @Edgehawk ?