Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

41 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Medium, but barely. About 15’ or so.

Minions again?

1 hour ago, Shlambate said:

Minions again?

Yes, and also armed with the A-280s, but these are in rifle mode. They are wearing khaki uniforms, but with armored vests and helmets. It is impossible to tell how many there are, because only a small opening space on either side is visible from the party’s current vantage.

Den Initiative check : 2eA 2 successes
a-s-s.png a--.png

3 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Got it, probably going to use that, and the triumph to "save" the minion (at least for the moment). So is the blaster fire coming from below or through the door? Also if it is coming through the door, what is the layout of the room (at least what we can see of it)?

@Edgehawk

On 10/23/2020 at 6:22 PM, Edgehawk said:

Blown Lift Combat :

* (unknown/unseen atm)

The level below has openings on two opposite sides, with rebels firing from both, Medium range (but barely). Those in the lift gain 1 Ranged Defense for cover (what’s left of the lift’s floor).

Edited by Edgehawk

Den Athletics Check : 2eP+1eA+2eD 0 successes, 3 advantage
p-a-a.png p-s-a.png a-a.png d-f.png d-th.png Hm, that's not great

5 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

@P-47 Thunderbolt Doesn’t Hale have some crazy attachment that could shoot out and arrest his fall?

Oh yes... Thanks for the reminder. What do I need to do with the whipcord? Average Melee check?

So the rebels are on the same level as us, or are they down, or both?

14 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

So the rebels are on the same level as us, or are they down, or both?

The level beneath. The doors have not opened at the current level, following the blast.

28 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Oh yes... Thanks for the reminder. What do I need to do with the whipcord? Average Melee check?

That would do it!

Just now, Edgehawk said:

That would do it!

Spider-Hale Strikes Again! : 1eP+3eA+2eD 4 successes, 2 advantage
p-s-a.png a-s-a.png a-s-s.png a-s.png d--.png d-f.png

Was this on my turn, or an immediate reaction? Can I use the Advantage for anything? Am I still in the lift, or dangling at Short range, halfway between the ground and the lift?

I'll take the valuable facts action. Can a maneuver give more cover, or is that not an option right now?

Valuable Facts (Warfare) : 2eP+2eA+2eD 1 success
p--.png p-s-s.png a-s.png a-a-a.png d-th-th.png d-f-f.png

That was close. I'll post IC tomorrow for both the turn and the minion almost falling down the shaft.

4 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Was this on my turn, or an immediate reaction? Can I use the Advantage for anything? Am I still in the lift, or dangling at Short range, halfway between the ground and the lift?

The Athletics check was an out of turn incidental, but this would be your Action for this round, on your turn. Presently, Hale would be scrabbling for purchase, failing, and starting to fall through the opening in the floor.

3 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

I'll take the valuable facts action. Can a maneuver give more cover, or is that not an option right now?

That was close. I'll post IC tomorrow for both the turn and the minion almost falling down the shaft.

A Maneuver can grant additional cover. I apologize for being unclear, but the minion will fall without additional action taken to prevent it. The Triumph just kept him from immediately falling through the hole; he is still clinging desperately, dangling from the ledge. An Average Athletics check from anyone can get him back into the lift. If no one else takes action, his respective squad would likely attempt it.

5 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

Den Athletics Check : 2eP+1eA+2eD 0 successes, 3 advantage
p-a-a.png p-s-a.png a-a.png d-f.png d-th.png Hm, that's not great

Too much hooch... It’s a pretty severe fall. Den may elect to take the Imperial Valor Maneuver, and have a minion fall in his place. It can be narrated however you wish.

It's your Destiny : 1eF 1 Dark Side
f-ds.png

Destiny Pool : 1eF 1 Dark Side
f-ds.png

Destiny : 1eF 1 Dark Side
f-ds.png

22 hours ago, Edgehawk said:
On 10/23/2020 at 6:22 PM, Edgehawk said:

Blown Lift Combat :

* (unknown/unseen atm)

The level below has openings on two opposite sides, with rebels firing from both, Medium range (but barely). Those in the lift gain 1 Ranged Defense for cover (what’s left of the lift’s floor).

@Shlambate Drogos is up!

Well Hale's completely useless now.

Let's just have him fall and be done with it, no point in continuing to have him in the initiative order.

20 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Well Hale's completely useless now.

Let's just have him fall and be done with it, no point in continuing to have him in the initiative order.

Really? With Soak 6, Hale only takes 8 Wounds (out of 22). For a Destiny flip, the limb can be salvageable at the end of these encounters, thanks to the state of the art facilities and talents of Dr. Vos.

Should’ve just used that Imperial Valor:

”Sorry, Slowdive. It’s been real.” >push<

Den Destiny Check : 1eF 1 Dark Side
f-ds.png

@Edgehawk , I don't think Den could bring himself to have someone else fall for him, so I think he'll have to fall. With the advantage is there a chance for him to either land on a filthy rebel or try to catch himself as he falls, perhaps reduce the damage?

@Edgehawk Can I engage the Rebels?