Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

@Edgehawk Is the lift operational with that?

8 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

@Edgehawk Is the lift operational with that?

Yes.

There was a bottle of Whyren’s Reserve tucked away in the stateroom, that Den could have found during the search. @Rabobankrider Keeping the buzz going too much could eventually incur Setbacks or Upgrades, however.

“Boom!!” Everyone take 3 Strain, and roll initiative!

@Edgehawk , how far is the drop?

Should we also roll initiative? (ninja'd)

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt

Unsure of drop. Roll initiative.

edit: If you’re on the 2nd sublevel, and there are 6 sublevels, separated by 15’, then it would be 60’. @P-47 Thunderbolt

Edited by Edgehawk

Intiative (Warfare) : 2eP+2eA 4 successes, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png p-s-a.png a-s.png a-s-a.png

Coordination : 2eA+2eD 0 successes
a-s-a.png a-a.png d-f-th.png d-th.png

I think that's my best ever initiative. Could the triumph help avoid the fall, or is that too much?

1 minute ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Could the triumph help avoid the fall, or is that too much?

In combination with an Imperial Valor Maneuver, the unfortunate minion could be holding onto the lift floor, not quite falling into the void yet.

Also, using Imperial Valor does not mean you shoved some hapless minion into the hole while saving your own skin (it doesn’t mean you didn’t, either, though...); it is a tool, which you may narrate as you see fit, or I can just narrate for the minion.

Blown Lift Combat :

The level below has openings on two opposite sides, with rebels firing from both, Medium range (but barely). Those in the lift gain 1 Ranged Defense for cover (what’s left of the lift’s floor).

Edited by Edgehawk

Any droids this time? 🤣

9 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

In combination with an Imperial Valor Maneuver, the unfortunate minion could be holding onto the lift floor, not quite falling into the void yet.

How does that work, is it a random minion, or do we choose?

16 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

How does that work, is it a random minion, or do we choose?

Doesn’t really matter to me. You can pick a Banshee or a death trooper, just not a PC or the Commander.

Initiative : 1eA+1eP 2 successes, 1 advantage
a-a.png p-s-s.png

47 minutes ago, Barbaross41 said:

Initiative : 1eA+1eP 2 successes, 1 advantage
a-a.png p-s-s.png

Also, make an Average Coordination or Athletics check, to avoid falling through the breach in the lift’s floor.

Vigilance : 2eP+1eA 1 success, 5 advantage
p-a-a.png p-a-a.png a-s-a.png

+1 advantage from ISB armor (as I don't have enough)

Hold on! : 2eP+2eD 2 successes, 1 advantage
p-a.png p-s-s.png d--.png d--.png

@Edgehawk , sorry for the delay.

I'm falling from Medium range, so Avg Athletics/Coordination to reduce the 30/20 damage, correct?

May I spend the 3 Advantage from the "don't fall" check to upgrade my Ability on the check? The reasoning behind this is that there's no way I'm going to be able to reduce the damage enough so Boosts would be useless, but the upgrade gives me a better shot at a Triumph.

I could try to hit you with an anesthetic while you fall, so it won't hurt that much :D @P-47 Thunderbolt Thunderbolt

Jokes aside I'm willing to try to help him, even if it risks me falling too if it's okay for his 3 advantages. I also had advantage, so i might be able to help others.

Edited by Rimsen

@P-47 Thunderbolt Doesn’t Hale have some crazy attachment that could shoot out and arrest his fall?

@Edgehawk how far are the rebels?

8 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

@Edgehawk how far are the rebels?

Medium, but barely. About 15’ or so.

18 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Doesn’t really matter to me. You can pick a Banshee or a death trooper, just not a PC or the Commander.

Got it, probably going to use that, and the triumph to "save" the minion (at least for the moment). So is the blaster fire coming from below or through the door? Also if it is coming through the door, what is the layout of the room (at least what we can see of it)?