Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

1 minute ago, bsmith23 said:

Can I use the advantages to get an idea of the strength of the response that is undoubtedly approaching?

At the moment, it is eerily quiet, for a clandestine station under assault. If Ral is staying at the lift, working on it while the rest of the task force is clearing this level, you may make one more check, this time with 2 Boosts. I am also going to Upgrade the Difficulty to 2eD+1eC. If unsuccessful, someone else will need to attempt it, or try a different approach.

Would it be possible to check out the ladder that the rebel was attempting to escape up. Does it go both up and down or only up?

1 minute ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Would it be possible to check out the ladder that the rebel was attempting to escape up. Does it go both up and down or only up?

Just up.

Then I'll go up, can anything be heard at the hatch?

12 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

When the lift dropped below to the sub-basement (rebel station), it was some distance beneath the lowest resort level. This shaft appears to be climbing back up to the resort. There are hatches every 15’, and the third hatch (the one the rebel was experiencing difficulty with) may well open onto the lowest level of the resort.

19 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

It seems to be quiet beyond the hatch, from what you can tell.

I'll try to open it then.

Just now, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

I'll try to open it then.

You may do so. The rebel’s difficulty with the hatch was circumstantial, due to triumph or advantages from Hale.

The hatch opens into the floor of a large storage closet. Stacks of towels and robes, as well as an assortment of resort uniforms hanging. There is a closed door. @Imperial Stormtrooper

@Imperial Stormtrooper , do you want Hale to come give Briar a hand?

13 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

The hatch opens into the floor of a large storage closet. Stacks of towels and robes, as well as an assortment of resort uniforms hanging. There is a closed door. @Imperial Stormtrooper

Does Briar know what part of the resort this is? Also she'll check out the room to see if there is anything hidden about it.

13 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@Imperial Stormtrooper , do you want Hale to come give Briar a hand?

Sure! 4 eyes are better than 2.

Nothing bad has ever happened in RPGs due to people wandering off on their own. :P

Edited by Imperial Stormtrooper
Just now, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Sure! 4 eyes are better than 2.

Nothing bad has ever happened in RPGs due to people wandering off on their own. :P

He'll either volunteer to come or you can call him, whichever you prefer. You can wrap it into your post. (he'd likely offer to go up first, so if anyone loses the top of their head it isn't the agent. You don't have to accept the offer)

2 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Does Briar know what part of the resort this is? Also she'll check out the room to see if there is anything hidden about it.

The hatch in the floor is well disguised as a simple vent on this side, and appears to automatically lock to prevent entry from this level. All evidence points to the shaft being an emergency escape, with easy access to resort uniforms.

@Imperial Stormtrooper @P-47 Thunderbolt You can narrate and wrap this up, unless you wish to further explore the resort at this time. Having his own stateroom and escape ladder, the rebel probably isn’t just a receptionist.

@Imperial Stormtrooper , you can narrate as much of it as you want, or I can RP with you, whichever you prefer. The first is more temporally expedient, though the latter facilitates greater character interaction.

55 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@Imperial Stormtrooper , you can narrate as much of it as you want, or I can RP with you, whichever you prefer. The first is more temporally expedient, though the latter facilitates greater character interaction.

I tried to take a middle ground, but I'm quite tired today so sorry if I didn't quite do that.

2 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

I tried to take a middle ground, but I'm quite tired today so sorry if I didn't quite do that.

No worries, your post was fine. Sorry your exploration there was a dead end. Make an Average Perception check, and maybe she can turn up something useful or interesting before she heads back down.

6 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

You're fine.

13 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

No worries, your post was fine. Sorry your exploration there was a dead end. Make an Average Perception check, and maybe she can turn up something useful or interesting before she heads back down.

No problem, that's how it goes sometimes.

Perception : 2eP+1eA+2eD 3 successes, 1 threat
p-s-a.png p-s.png a-s.png d-th.png d-th.png

Opening an ordinary-looking panel behind some hanging uniforms, Briar feels around and finds an envelope tucked away out of sight. It contains an assortment of falsified credentials and IDs. Also a credstick. @Imperial Stormtrooper

@Imperial Stormtrooper Briar also feels a hidden button in the space behind the panel.

I can lend my Intellect of 4 to help @bsmith23 open the door

17 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

@Imperial Stormtrooper Briar also feels a hidden button in the space behind the panel.

Probably let it go for the moment, but remember it is there. Since we have more floors to clear.

Edited by Imperial Stormtrooper
56 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Probably let it go for the moment, but remember it is there. Since we have more floors to clear.

Not pressing the button is a reasonable precaution at this time, but you suspect it may unlock the ventilation hatch in the floor, from this side.

Get this frakkin' lift open! : 3eA+1eP+2eB+2eD+1eC 5 successes, 3 advantage
a-s-s.png a-s-a.png a-a-a.png p-s.png b-s-a.png b-s-a.png d--.png d-th-th.png c-f.png

Thank you! Gonna use the advantage to recover some strain.

Edited by bsmith23