Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Also, apologies to the group, for not consulting on the companion game. It was an impulsive decision, but I think it will be interesting. Worst cast scenario, it turns into its own small spinoff campaign.

Well... worst case scenario the task force just TPKs them in their first engagement, but I think we can avoid that...

2 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Also, apologies to the group, for not consulting on the companion game. It was an impulsive decision, but I think it will be interesting. Worst cast scenario, it turns into its own small spinoff campaign.

Well... worst case scenario the task force just TPKs them in their first engagement, but I think we can avoid that...

Oh, it's totally fine.

As for not TPKing them, I'm... dubious of the prospect. :D

@P-47 Thunderbolt , Den follows orders, so you have one guy if you need it 😛

5 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Don't forget you should have a boost, or another green dice, I can't remember how assistance works.

Instead of going back, I'll play it where it lies. Flustered from the love I've been getting from droids.

I was this close to starting a companion game called Rise of the Droids, but nooo, they just haaad to play force users...

Just now, Edgehawk said:

I was this close to starting a companion game called Rise of the Droids, but nooo, they just haaad to play force users...

Hale's ready for Clone Wars round two, even if Ral isn't! :D

Can't sleep, droids'll eat me. Can't sleep, droids'll eat me. Can't sleep, droids'll eat me.

19 minutes ago, bsmith23 said:

Can't sleep, droids'll eat me. Can't sleep, droids'll eat me. Can't sleep, droids'll eat me.

Oh, you're fine. They won't eat you, they don't have stomachs.

They will eviscerate you though.

For Briar fake death troopers would be more important than some rebels escaping, since it (in her mind at least) the end result could be worse.

So we are planning to keep elite troopers at gun point now?

Skullduggery - disarming fake trooper : 1eP+1eA+1eB+2eD 1 success
p-s.png a-s.png b--.png d-f.png d--.png

I took the liberty and upgraded for a Destiny flip, we rarely use them.

I used 1 maneuver to displace his dropped rifle and another to take a step back from him for 2 strains

Can you give me an encumberance value for the pistol?

Edited by Rimsen
35 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

So we are planning to keep elite troopers at gun point now?

Yes, that is the plan.

@Edgehawk , may I go ahead and post Hale confronting them?

3 hours ago, Rimsen said:

Can you give me an encumberance value for the pistol?

SE-14r lt.repeating blaster. 2 encumbrance.

3 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Yes, that is the plan.

@Edgehawk , may I go ahead and post Hale confronting them?

Go ahead!

I knew his craziness would catch up with him one day... :D

Nice one, @Edgehawk !

Any sort of check to remove the vent or climb inside? (I had him step up on a swivel chair because, well, that's the sorta thing he'd do)

Playing an utterly unstrategic character is not my norm, so I'm having fun with it. :D

16 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Any sort of check to remove the vent or climb inside? (I had him step up on a swivel chair because, well, that's the sorta thing he'd do)

Average Athletics or Coordination.

1 minute ago, Edgehawk said:

Average Athletics or Coordination.

If he fails, I am going to be very disappointed.

Athletics: Athletics : 2eP+2eA+1eB+2eD 5 successes, 3 advantage
p-s.png p-s-a.png a-s-s.png a-a.png b-s-a.png d--.png d--.png

Okay, I am not disappointed. :D

What does that get me?

Hale climbs the ladder, reaches the first hatch, and opens it. He can hear movement from beyond the next hatch. @P-47 Thunderbolt

If he can, Hale's going to open the hatch and engage the quarry.

Are we vertical at the moment? Is the lower hatch closed behind him? What's the gap between hatches like?

Vertical. 15’ between hatches. This is basically a chase, so make another Athletics check (and I will do the same). @P-47 Thunderbolt

Edited by Edgehawk

Athletics : 2eP+2eA+1eB+2eD 1 success, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-s-a.png p-tr.png a--.png a-a.png b-a-a.png d-f-th.png d-th-th.png

Hmm...

The fleeing rebel is outpacing Hale this round, but you have a Triumph to resolve... @P-47 Thunderbolt

Perhaps they reach a sealed hatch, requiring a check to unlock it before they can continue?

Otherwise maybe a reduction in difficulty for the next round?

Okay! Roll Athletics, while fleeing rebel rolls to get past locked hatch.

Athletics : 2eP+2eA+1eB+2eD 1 success, 4 advantage
p-a-a.png p-s.png a-a.png a-a.png b-a-a.png d--.png d-th-th.png

Hrmm... I need more Success, less Advantage.