Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Are we out of structured time, or are we still in? Also are the two of us still trapped in the lift?

25 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Are we out of structured time, or are we still in? Also are the two of us still trapped in the lift?

You’re out of structured time for the moment. Den has just prised the lift doors open enough to squeeze out, but the lift is still inoperable, pending the computers and mechanics checks.

Barracks rooms and stateroom are uniccupied. @P-47 Thunderbolt

1 minute ago, Edgehawk said:

Barracks rooms and stateroom are uniccupied. @P-47 Thunderbolt

Okay, now I'm out of questions. :D

I'll post IC.

17 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

You’re out of structured time for the moment. Den has just prised the lift doors open enough to squeeze out, but the lift is still inoperable, pending the computers and mechanics checks.

Ok, I'll try the computers check, and then assist @bsmith23 with the mechanics.

But first strain recovery.

Recover Strain : 2eA 2 successes, 2 advantage
a-s-s.png a-a-a.png

Lift Computer : 3eP+1eA+1eB+3eD 2 successes
p-s-s.png p-a-a.png p-a.png a-s-s.png b--.png d-th.png d-f-f.png d-th-th.png

Nothing extra to work with.

Okay, @Edgehawk , @Imperial Stormtrooper , @Rimsen , @Rabobankrider , @Shlambate , @bsmith23 , Hale has a crazy idea.

This could potentially cause significant complications, so I didn't want to have him do anything impulsive without getting feedback/buy-in even though Hale isn't one for waiting for feedback (Mister "lasso an AT-TE while dangling from a LAAT/c over a sinkhole" and "tackle the inquisitor in the middle of an interrogation" isn't known for forethought).

What Hale would like to do is have Banshee squad hold the Death Troopers at gunpoint and discover their identities. After/while that transpires, someone (Hale?) and/or someone s chase down the vent after the fugitive(s).

This could also go pear-shaped in one heckuva hurry though.

Strain recovery: Strain Recovery (Discipline) : 1eP+2eA 2 successes, 1 advantage
p-a.png a--.png a-s-s.png

Down to 1/14 .

Scratch that, I forgot to record the last 2 Strain. He's at 3/14.

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt

@P-47 Thunderbolt You are certainly welcome to act according to your suspicions, and what you feel your duty is. I’m not going to validate or invalidate those suspicions, however, beyond what has already been discovered.

Strain Recovery : 1eA+1eP 1 success, 2 advantage
a-a.png p-s-a.png

Mechanics check : 2eA+1eP+3eD 0 successes, 2 advantage
a-a.png a-a-a.png p-s-s.png d-f-f.png d--.png d-th.png

Well, then. That frakkin droid is to blame for this...

Edited by bsmith23
15 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

@P-47 Thunderbolt You are certainly welcome to act according to your suspicions, and what you feel your duty is. I’m not going to validate or invalidate those suspicions, however, beyond what has already been discovered.

Well yeah, I didn't mean it to sound like I was asking you to. I was tagging you in case you had anything to say regarding difficulty of checks or whatever. My post morphed in purpose a bit as I wrote it, in retrospect I didn't really need to tag you.

Recover Strain : 1eP+2eA 1 success, 4 advantage
p-s-a.png a-a.png a-a-a.png

I'm in for reckless things, that brings the fun into the campaign, and the nightmares for the GM :D

Also, It seems I'm lagging behind somewhere. Didn't see what the Death Troopers did after the first turn. Should I check out the new game?

Edited by Rimsen
4 minutes ago, Rimsen said:

Recover Strain : 1eP+2eA 1 success, 4 advantage
p-s-a.png a-a.png a-a-a.png

I'm in for reckless things, that brings the fun into the campaign, and the nightmares for the GM :D

Also, It seems I'm lagging behind somewhere. Didn't see what the Death Troopers did after the first turn. Should I check out the new game?

The Death Troopers were wrapped into the last IC post. They did a breach-and-clear on the door at the back of the room.

It has nothing to do with the new game, if that's what you were asking.

Thanks. Must have missed it or just forgot.

Can the Task Force hear your transmission, or just the Banshees?

Edit: I am really sorry, but I don't find this :( Might be little late here. I only see Edgehawk describing the scene in the elevator. Nothing after that from the troopers.
Edit#2: Nvm, found it at the bottom of the said post. It really eluded my attention.

Edited by Rimsen
Just now, Rimsen said:

Thanks. Must have missed it or just forgot.

Just Banshee squad was my intention, so the Minion group, Luks, and Hawk. I figured the squad would have a private channel, whereas the DTs would probably be on the same "team" frequency. Also if the Banshees get things started with the Death Troopers, then they can explain why they have suddenly gone insane. If they were to tell everyone, things could get messy.

That's in-character thinking rather than meta thinking though, and does not reflect on players. If you'd like and @Edgehawk is willing to allow a bit of revision, I'm wiling to have it include the others.

3 minutes ago, Rimsen said:

Unless otherwise noted, all PCs and task force members can be considered to share a com channel, for the sake of convenience and clarity.

Just now, Edgehawk said:

Unless otherwise noted, all PCs and task force members can be considered to share a com channel, for the sake of convenience and clarity.

Okay, so it addresses the team but not the Death Troopers?

3 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Just Banshee squad was my intention, so the Minion group, Luks, and Hawk. I figured the squad would have a private channel, whereas the DTs would probably be on the same "team" frequency. Also if the Banshees get things started with the Death Troopers, then they can explain why they have suddenly gone insane. If they were to tell everyone, things could get messy.

That's in-character thinking rather than meta thinking though, and does not reflect on players. If you'd like and @Edgehawk is willing to allow a bit of revision, I'm wiling to have it include the others.

I'm okay with that. I wanted to wait until the trooper is away from me anyway to report to Briar.

Edited by Rimsen

Hale and the Banshees would indeed have their own channel, if your intent is communicating specifically with the squad. @P-47 Thunderbolt

Death troopers have their own encrypted channel. They can communicate with you guys, but not on your private team and squad channels.

Just now, Edgehawk said:

Death troopers have their own encrypted channel. They can communicate with you guys, but not on your private team and squad channels.

In that case, brb Evon has some quick disarming to do, before the treated Death Trooper shoots him point blank :D

2 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Hale and the Banshees would indeed have their own channel, if your intent is communicating specifically with the squad. @P-47 Thunderbolt

Just now, Edgehawk said:

Okay, then I'll amend the IC post to include the entire team.

@Edgehawk Do I need to make anychecks, Skulduggery or Deception, Stealth to do this?

1 hour ago, bsmith23 said:

Well, then. That frakkin droid is to blame for this...

Don't forget you should have a boost, or another green dice, I can't remember how assistance works.

4 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Don't forget you should have a boost, or another green dice, I can't remember how assistance works.

Skilled assistance takes the highest Characteristic and the highest skill rank. If the same person has both, then you add a Boost instead.

27 minutes ago, Rimsen said:

@Edgehawk Do I need to make anychecks, Skulduggery or Deception, Stealth to do this?

He was beyond threshold, would have died without treatment. He probably would have already lost his carbine. An Average Skullduggery check with a Boost can relieve him of his repeating pistol, frag grenade, and thermal detonator. He’s kinda groggy, and pretty new to the whole being a death trooper thing.