Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Just now, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

I forgot to join the discord when the link was put up and now I can find it, can someone share another link to it?

https://discord.gg/hz59Yv

13 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Is this room the entire space, or are there any doorways?

And are those meters or feet? Because that sounds like the entire room is within Short range, if those are feet.

A single Maneuver to exit the lift and enter the room can place any targets within Short range. There is a single closed door in the wall behind the desk.

16 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

If the left wall keeps them in the open I’m fine with it. I would prefer them at short range but no setback dice is a good compromise.

They would still be Short range, and your allies could readily maneuver to short range as they enter the combat.

On 10/6/2020 at 4:39 PM, Edgehawk said:

Sublevels Raid :

* Triumph result indicates free Maneuver in first round.

So, um.. everyone else is up.

1 Maneuver can put you at Short range to Team 2 behind cover and also Team 1 pinned helpless to the wall.
Helpless guards can be removed from the fight with any Successful check using stun setting. Inflicting Wounds involves a Simple(-) combat check.

Current Initiative order:
1) Death Troopers 6s1a (acted)
2) Sentry Team A-1 5s (acted)
3) Inquisitor Drogos 3s (acted)
4) Sentry Team A-2 2s4a (acted)
5) Sgt. Major Hale 2s2a1T
6) Banshee Squad 2s2a
7) Lt. Commander Somar
8. Lt. Inspector Ostell 1s2a
9) Sgt. Luks 1s1a
10) Sgt. Hawk 1s1a
11) Dr. Taltron 1s
12) TBD 0s2a

(Dang it! Ninja'd)

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt
Ninja'd
Just now, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Current Initiative order:
1) Death Troopers 6s1a (acted)
2) Sentry Team A-1 5s (acted)
3) Inquisitor Drogos 3s (acted)
4) Sentry Team A-2 2s4a (acted)
5) Sgt. Major Hale 2s2a1T
6) Banshee Squad 2s2a
7) Lt. Commander Somar
8. Lt. Inspector Ostell 1s2a
9) Sgt. Luks 1s1a
10) Sgt. Hawk 1s1a
11) Dr. Taltron 1s
12) TBD 0s2a

Go for it. The second team shifted over toward the charging death troopers and inquisitor.

Hale:
Incidental: Activate Shock Gloves
Free Maneuver: Bodyguard Banshee squad (2 Strain, 2 upgrades in incoming difficulty)
Second Free Maneuver: Engage the Bound group (A-1)
Action: Shockboxing: Shock Box : 2eP+2eA+2eD 2 successes, 3 advantage
p-s.png p-s-a.png a-s-s.png a-a-a.png d-f.png d-f.png

That's 6 Stun Damage. With 2 Advantage, I trigger Stun 3 dealing 3 Strain damage past Soak. With the remaining Advantage, he'll pass on a Boost.

Is that enough to take one out?

Banshee Squad:
Maneuver: move to Short of the ones in cover.
Action: Blast 'em!: Blast 'em! : 2eP+1eA+1eB+1eD+1eS 2 successes
p-a.png p-s-a.png a-s.png b--.png d-th.png s-th.png

That's 12 damage incoming. I assume that takes out one, but not two?

Banshee squad upgrades all incoming attacks twice, and Hale increases ranged defense by 1 due to Moving Target.

For the sentries in the inquisitor’s thrall, I was just counting Successes. So 2 Success=2 incapacitated. The additional triggered stun can take out another, leaving 4 (death troopers killed one).

Banshees take one out from Team 2, leaving 7.

27 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

The rest of the lineup.
Drogos is at Short range from the lift, to the left, pinning a rebel security team to the wall. Death troopers are moving forward toward the other rebel security team, which has also shifted left. The rebel defense consists of a large desk with 4’ plasteel walls extending a short distance from either end. There is a single closed door in the wall behind the desk.

So let me see if I understand where everything is.

Team 2 is a medium range with 7 left. and Team 1 is at short with... some number left, and we are all at short of each other right now?

Just now, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

So let me see if I understand where everything is.

Team 2 is a medium range with 7 left. and Team 1 is at short with... some number left, and we are all at short of each other right now?

Team 1 has 4 left, and yes.

Ok, I think I'll try formation tactics again, see if it works this time.

Formation Tactics : 2eP+1eA+3eD 1 success, 1 advantage
p-s-s.png p-s-a.png a-a-a.png d-th-th.png d--.png d-f-f.png

Ok so that worked, I can pick one ally who has attacks against them upgraded once. Can formation tactics work on minion groups, or no? @Edgehawk

I'm leaning towards giving it to Hale or Drogos, but want to consider all the options.

1 minute ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Ok so that worked, I can pick one ally who has attacks against them upgraded once. Can formation tactics work on minion groups, or no?

I'm leaning towards giving it to Hale or Drogos, but want to consider all the options.

It could work on the “squad” (excluding PCs) as a single unit.

I think I'll give it to Drogos, since I think he's going to be a primary target for the rebels (I wonder why :D ).

I'll try to post IC later today.

20 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

I think I'll give it to Drogos, since I think he's going to be a primary target for the rebels (I wonder why :D ).

I'll try to post IC later today.

All I am surrounded by is Fear and Dead men.

Thanks.

Taking time to aim, from medium. Blaster has Bantha Eye sight for 1 advantage (also has a setback). Basically laying down cover fire; no space in here for the Phantom...

Cover fire : 2eA+1eP+2eD+1eB+1eS 0 successes, 2 advantage
a-a.png a-a-a.png p-s-s.png d-th.png d-f-f.png b--.png s--.png

So, yeah. Have some boosts, guys.

Sorry, I've gone through the ic but I've already lost track, how many enemies are left, and am I right in thinking they're at short range?

Also @Rimsen if it's not too late Den wouldn't say no to a little kick, it may help sober him up a bit.

4 at short (engaged with Hale and Drogos) and 7 at Medium in one point of cover.

The drug was already given to Hale and Hawk, but if a little ret-conning is allowed, I'd say give it to the Deranged Duros instead of Hale.

6 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

The drug was already given to Hale and Hawk, but if a little ret-conning is allowed, I'd say give it to the Deranged Duros instead of Hale.

That’s fine.

Cool, I'll have Den start on the ones at medium range then.

Don't worry about the drugs, I'd rather not rob anyone on that, I'm sure Den will get his chance to fill up later! I'll sort my post tomorrow at this time.

Just now, Rabobankrider said:

Cool, I'll have Den start on the ones at medium range then.

Don't worry about the drugs, I'd rather not rob anyone on that, I'm sure Den will get his chance to fill up later! I'll sort my post tomorrow at this time.

It's no bother, Hale probably wouldn't get much use out of the Agility increase anyway since he's using Brawn. You have my blessing to take that bonus.

Evon would take a maneuver to reach the downed Death Trooper, another to crouch next to him (for a setback if someone wants to shoot me) checking if he can do something for him (I'm fine with him being dead, possibly wasting the turn, but that's what the doc should do here).

@Rimsen Hard Med check to stop bleeding in the field. Add a Setback for the blaster fire everywhere. Also, please make an Easy Xenology check, with a Setback (as an Incidental).

Fearsome Wound (avg) Crit will need to be tended in order to stabilize.

If you guys are sure, then Den will certainly take the drug.

Okay! So the disruptor quite literally removes several of the rebels from Team 2, leaving just a few huddled behind what’s left of the cover. Hawk!! @Barbaross41 Roll call! You’re up!