Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Hawk? (taking him to 6) :D

Sure :) Hale and Hawk then.

On 10/6/2020 at 4:39 PM, Edgehawk said:
On 10/4/2020 at 7:50 PM, Edgehawk said:

Sublevels Raid :

* Triumph result indicates free Maneuver in first round.

Before we get started, does anyone want to get out?

(The quote in italics is from the Captain America elevator fight scene in Winter Soldier, for anyone who may have missed the reference).

So. Drogos is up! @Shlambate

Death Troopers have closed to short range, giving others room to disembark. Medium range to sentries, who are behind cover. No Defense.
edit to add: @Shlambate you also have 1 Boost, from DT Advantage.

Edited by Edgehawk
1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

(The quote in italics is from the Captain America elevator fight scene in Winter Soldier, for anyone who may have missed the reference).

So. Drogos is up! @Shlambate

Death Troopers have closed to short range, giving others room to disembark. Medium range to sentries, who are behind cover. No Defense.
edit to add: @Shlambate you also have 1 Boost, from DT Advantage.

How close are the Rebels? Squad A-2 Specifically.

Edited by Shlambate
5 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

How close are the Rebels? Squad A-2 Specifically.

All rebels are Medium. 1 Maneuver to Short.

24 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

All rebels are Medium. 1 Maneuver to Short.

If I move forward and use Bind to pull them to me do I bring the whole minion group?

1 hour ago, Shlambate said:

If I move forward and use Bind to pull them to me do I bring the whole minion group?

Make a Simple(-) Discipline check. Each Success will effect 1 individual minion.

15 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Make a Simple(-) Discipline check. Each Success will effect 1 individual minion.

Bind Power : 1eP+3eA+2eF 6 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
p-s-s.png a-s.png a-s-a.png a-s-s.png f-ls.png f-ds.png

I think that is everyone.

The “at least a dozen” guards, once out of the lift proper, resolve into 2 minion groups of 8. With one minion already down, your roll does indeed Bind the remaining minions in Team 1.

23 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

The “at least a dozen” guards, once out of the lift proper, resolve into 2 minion groups of 8. With one minion already down, your roll does indeed Bind the remaining minions in Team 1.

Alright so Drogos will move into short range so that he can do this, whether or not he can get cover and still pull off the bind, then spend a Destiny to get access to the Dark side point to suffer a strain and bring all the range band one range band closer. Close in a way that they are not engaged with Drogos so that they can be fired upon, and because a Darkside point was spent he deals 2 damage.

1 hour ago, Shlambate said:

Alright so Drogos will move into short range so that he can do this, whether or not he can get cover and still pull off the bind, then spend a Destiny to get access to the Dark side point to suffer a strain and bring all the range band one range band closer. Close in a way that they are not engaged with Drogos so that they can be fired upon, and because a Darkside point was spent he deals 2 damage.

Bringing them 1 range band closer than Short range would be Engaged (with both Drogos and the death troopers).

21 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Bringing them 1 range band closer than Short range would be Engaged (with both Drogos and the death troopers).

There is no way to bring them closer and not engage?

@Edgehawk That or if they must be engaged by them being both elevated and choking they shouldn't incur the penalty to accuracy since they are sitting ducks.

1 minute ago, Shlambate said:

@Edgehawk That or if they must be engaged by them being both elevated and choking they shouldn't incur the penalty to accuracy since they are sitting ducks.

The only penalty is to prevent us accidentally shooting you. Since you're standing in the line of fire (and we're technically under fire ourselves) the penalty would stand.

That said, @Edgehawk , couldn't he move them in a triangle?

Basically:
a
/ \
b c
d

So Drogos (c) moves the rebels (a) to point b, which is at Short range from everyone else (d).

It’s just too many actors, in too small of a space; and the ceiling is not tall enough for their elevation to remove them from the possibility of friendly fire... maybe using a 2nd Maneuver, Drogos could move a bit closer to one of the walls (taking them with him, using Bind), and pin them there? Drogos would be in the clear, with no friendly targets in the line of fire. @Shlambate

Edited by Edgehawk
7 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

It’s just too many actors, in too small of a space; and the ceiling is not tall enough for their elevation to remove them from the possibility of friendly fire... maybe using a 2nd Maneuver, Drogos could move a bit closer to one of the walls (taking them with him, using Bind), and pin them there? Drogos would be in the clear, with no friendly targets in the line of fire. @Shlambate

Could he just take a second Maneuver to disengage, leaving them in the line of fire but himself in the clear?

2 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Could he just take a second Maneuver to disengage, leaving them in the line of fire but himself in the clear?

Sure! Or he could have just not pulled them closer to begin with.

9 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Sure! Or he could have just not pulled them closer to begin with.

Pulling them closer brings them out of cover and makes it easier to target them (including for the melee fighters).

@Edgehawk I will move out of the way with a second maneuver then. Which directions are available to me due to this tight space

47 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

@Edgehawk I will move out of the way with a second maneuver then. Which directions are available to me due to this tight space

I have added a very basic sketch of the room (sketch is on discord, under op Watercrest). It is not terribly small, basically a square with walls about 20-25’ in length. Just small for a firefight involving thirty-some-odd combatants!

Let’s say Team-1 is on the left side, so Drogos could move them over to that wall.

Edited by Edgehawk
Discord
10 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

I have added a very basic sketch of the room (sketch is on discord, under op Watercrest). It is not terribly small, basically a square with walls about 20-25’ in length. Just small for a firefight involving thirty-some-odd combatants!

Let’s say Team-1 is on the left side, so Drogos could move them over to that wall.

Move them of move himself? One costs 2 strain.

3 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Move them of move himself? One costs 2 strain.

Using Bind you could move them aside to the nearest (left) Wall, without spending a second Maneuver.

26 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Is this room the entire space, or are there any doorways?

And are those meters or feet? Because that sounds like the entire room is within Short range, if those are feet.

12 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Using Bind you could move them aside to the nearest (left) Wall, without spending a second Maneuver.

If the left wall keeps them in the open I’m fine with it. I would prefer them at short range but no setback dice is a good compromise.

I forgot to join the discord when the link was put up and now I can find it, can someone share another link to it?