Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

21 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

For the Threat, we both take a Strain?

That’s fine.

19 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Drogos doesn't play by the rules

This is also fine, player agency and all. Drogos, Den @Rabobankrider and Evon @Rimsen have not received any directive to stand down at this time, however.

With Hale's tackle would that be everyone else's initiative?

17 hours ago, Edgehawk said:
  • Briar 5s, 1a, 1t
  • Hale 5s
  • Crispin 4s, 1a, 1t (Adversary 2, Defense 1),
  • Fleeing Assassin 3s, 1a (Adversary 1)
  • Gunman (down, bleeding)
  • Tactical watercraft 3s (Armor 1)
  • Boat crew x5 (Adversary 1, Defense 1)
  • Zyi in ejected pod 2s, 2a (Slicer, Adversary 2)
  • Den 2s, 1a
  • Banshee Squad (securing prisoners)
  • Drogos 2s , 1 th, 1 tr
  • Veitra 1s, 5a
  • Ral 1s, 3a
  • Evon 1s, 3a
  • Hawk

1 hour ago, Shlambate said:

Yes, but NPCs first. I’ll post something today.

Edited by Edgehawk
2 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Yes, but NPCs first. I’ll post something today.

Would you please also post for Banshee squad? I got a bit lost in what they were doing, so I figured best to leave that up to you.

20 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Would you please also post for Banshee squad? I got a bit lost in what they were doing, so I figured best to leave that up to you.

I just figured they were securing/ transferring the beach prisoners into custody, so PCs weren’t tied up with such a mundane task. I’ll narrate it if you wish.

What would the check be to cover that distance faster? Also I assume there is no way at the moment to determine if the signal is genuine?

1 hour ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

What would the check be to cover that distance faster? Also I assume there is no way at the moment to determine if the signal is genuine?

It would be Daunting Athletics, to get you there to Act next turn. Average Computers to determine authenticity of signal. Add 2 Setback to the Computers check, and you can do it on the run (both checks this turn).

edit: I didn’t specify, but Briar’s talents would apply. The 2 Setback are for trying to use your tablet/comms while moving quickly. @Imperial Stormtrooper

Edited by Edgehawk

Codebreaker removes the two setbacks, so...

Signal Verification : 2eP+2eA+2eD 1 success, 1 advantage
p-a.png p-s-s.png a-a.png a-s-a.png d-f-th.png d-f-th.png

Now the other one...

Athletics (What could go wrong?) : 2eA+4eD 3 failures, 1 advantage
a-a-a.png a--.png d-f-f.png d-f.png d-th.png d--.png

Well that went better than I thought it would, I was certain it would be failure with threat. Any special options for the advantage or should I just use it to recover strain?

Now to wait for the NPCs

@Edgehawk , is Den out of hearing for the stand down order? His current plan is to drag the dying guy in the direction of the medical facilities.

49 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk , is Den out of hearing for the stand down order? His current plan is to drag the dying guy in the direction of the medical facilities.

The stand down order was only directed at those engaging (lower case) the watercraft.

3 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said: Any special options for the advantage or should I just use it to recover strain?

The message is legitimate, and not difficult for Briar to verify as such. Recover 1 Strain.

For the Athletics Advantage, I’ll say Briar can Act next turn, but at the end (instead of at the top of the round, on her initiative slot).

So once the area is secured I guess I need to reset the Phantom somehow. Nothing to blast anymore. ..

Apologies for the delay! Was really busy the past few days. Cause of disruptions to the school timetable, we got swamped in the few days of school we had.

So i can jump back up onto the boat using a dp? Then i can attack?

12 minutes ago, Von3679 said:

So i can jump back up onto the boat using a dp? Then i can attack?

Your turn got glossed over, we sort of assumed you got back on the boat but didn't act. Hale just threw you back into the water after getting an "abort mission" message.

The IC should catch you up.

@Edgehawk , how long to meet up with the medical services here?

1 minute ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk , how long to meet up with the medical services here?

Medics are already en route to the scene. Someone must have reported the knife and the blood. Den may move toward the turbolift if he wants, arriving next turn.

What can I do with the sniper running away that Evon and I are chasing? Am I in range for a force power check?

6 hours ago, Shlambate said:

What can I do with the sniper running away that Evon and I are chasing? Am I in range for a force power check?

Drogos is within range, but cannot see his target inside the closed lift, Engaged with Evon. The lift is just about to move, but a carefully inserted lightsaber (Hard check) into the control panel might be able to stop its descent. I will flip a Destiny Point, so vs 2eD+1eC, if you wish to attempt this.

8 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Your turn got glossed over, we sort of assumed you got back on the boat but didn't act. Hale just threw you back into the water after getting an "abort mission" message.

The IC should catch you up.

Ah ok thanks! :) I laughed when i read IC XD. I can only imagine it like she just struggled to swim to get on board only to be tackled off again XD.

4 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Drogos is within range, but cannot see his target inside the closed lift, Engaged with Evon. The lift is just about to move, but a carefully inserted lightsaber (Hard check) into the control panel might be able to stop its descent. I will flip a Destiny Point, so vs 2eD+1eC, if you wish to attempt this.

Would that require a stat besides my Lightsaber one for this check?

1 hour ago, Shlambate said:

Would that require a stat besides my Lightsaber one for this check?

Lightsaber is fine, unless you have something else in mind? The Challenge die Upgrade should cover “Lightsaber the turbolift, what could go wrong?!”

40 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Lightsaber is fine, unless you have something else in mind? The Challenge die Upgrade should cover “Lightsaber the turbolift, what could go wrong?!”

No just checking if you wanted to switch it away from Br or Will

I will spend a Destiny Point

Lightsaber Check : 1eP+3eA+1eC+2eD 1 success, 1 advantage
p-s-a.png a-s-a.png a-s.png a-s.png c-f.png d-th.png d-f-f.png

Nice