Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Looks like you are correct. Like I said...

24 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:
1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

You’re generally better at this than I am, anyway.

I favor my reasoning behind multiple Upgrades, but will graciously defer to the rules as written. Life as a player is hard enough.

How much dablage does Veitra take?

10 hours ago, Von3679 said:

How much dablage does Veitra take?

14 wounds, Pierce 2.

edit: More correctly, it is 14 damage, Pierce 2. So ignoring 2 Soak, Veitra suffers 13 Wounds. @Von3679

Edited by Edgehawk

@Imperial Stormtrooper Make an Average Perception check.

I don't think that she would believe in her marksmanship enough to try and take a shot in these circumstances. But, with her foot still stuck in the sand and taking damage every turn, I'm thinking the long walk back might be the only option. Unless the perception check reveals something new.

Perception : 2eP+1eA+2eD 2 failures, 1 threat
p--.png p--.png a-a.png d-f-f.png d-th-th.png

It's very bright.

Discipline Check : 2eA+2eD 1 failure
a-a.png a-a.png d-th-th.png d-f.png I assume someone's getting shot here.

2 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

Discipline Check : 2eA+2eD 1 failure
a-a.png a-a.png d-th-th.png d-f.png I assume someone's getting shot here.

Not necessarily. But Den’s response will be a judgement call, rather than an informed decision. It’s up to you.

On 6/13/2020 at 6:38 AM, Edgehawk said:
On 6/13/2020 at 1:40 AM, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Briar’s foot sinks into the sand and catches on something, temporarily immobilizing her. It will require a Maneuver to extricate (2 Strain for a second Maneuver in the current round is acceptable, or wait for next round).

There is no check required for Briar to free herself, just the narrative equivalent of taking 2 Strain, or waiting to spend a free Maneuver. @Imperial Stormtrooper

14 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

14 wounds, Pierce 2.

edit: More correctly, it is 14 damage, Pierce 2. So ignoring 2 Soak, Veitra suffers 13 Wounds. @Von3679

Oh my.... thats straight to 13/16 wounds 😕

7 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

There is no check required for Briar to free herself, just the narrative equivalent of taking 2 Strain, or waiting to spend a free Maneuver. @Imperial Stormtrooper

Then that's one maneuver to get out of the sand, and I'll convert my action to a maneuver and start back towards the resort with that one. I'll post IC later today.

Unfortunately Den was trained in to kill, not diffuse situations, and sudden moves are bad moves. @Edgehawk , what's the range to the taget, and do they have any defence ratings?

48 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

Unfortunately Den was trained in to kill, not diffuse situations, and sudden moves are bad moves. @Edgehawk , what's the range to the taget, and do they have any defence ratings?

@Rabobankrider Short range, no Adversary or Defense.

Fire Support from Ral : 1eB 0 successes, 2 advantage
b-a-a.png Adding Ral’s support boost, Hale’s roll has 1 net Advantage (so recover the Strain you took, and you have an Advantage to spend). @P-47 Thunderbolt

The boat commandos disengage and target Veitra with their carbines (bodyguard upgrades applied), and will take her down unless Hale wishes to take the hit instead? @P-47 Thunderbolt

4 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Fire Support from Ral : 1eB 0 successes, 2 advantage
b-a-a.png Adding Ral’s support boost, Hale’s roll has 1 net Advantage (so recover the Strain you took, and you have an Advantage to spend). @P-47 Thunderbolt

I'll recover an additional strain.

4 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

The boat commandos disengage and target Veitra with their carbines (bodyguard upgrades applied), and will take her down unless Hale wishes to take the hit instead? @P-47 Thunderbolt

Hale will take the hit. Damage?

2 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Hale will take the hit. Damage?

E-11d Veitra@short (mnvr to disengage); bg upgrades : 1eA+3eP+2eC 3 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph
a-s.png p-s-a.png p-tr.png p-a-a.png c--.png c-th-th.png

12 damage, unmodified. Triumph is sending either Hale or Veitra back into the water- your call- you can choose to narrate it either way.

1 minute ago, Edgehawk said:

E-11d Veitra@short (mnvr to disengage); bg upgrades : 1eA+3eP+2eC 3 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph
a-s.png p-s-a.png p-tr.png p-a-a.png c--.png c-th-th.png

12 damage, unmodified. Triumph is sending either Hale or Veitra back into the water- your call- you can choose to narrate it either way.

As a sad side effect of Hale taking the hit, Lady Pinky is going for a swim... :D

@Edgehawk , just to check, is anyone else with Den at the moment? If not he'll try stabilise, if there is he may try and find the sniper.

2 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk , just to check, is anyone else with Den at the moment? If not he'll try stabilise, if there is he may try and find the sniper.

Den is alone on the balcony with the downed gunman, at this point. Narratively, he was already “bleeding out” (Daunting crit), so I’m not going to roll again for being below threshold. A Successful Daunting Medicine check can stabilize him for the time being.

On 6/30/2020 at 5:58 AM, Edgehawk said:
  • Den 2s, 1a
  • Banshee Squad (securing prisoners)
  • Drogos 2s , 1 th, 1 tr
  • Veitra 1s, 5a
  • Ral 1s, 3a
  • Evon 1s, 3a
  • Hawk

The rest of you are up! @Rimsen Add a Setback to your check for the obstacle the assassin left in his path.

@P-47 Thunderbolt Make an Average Cool or Discipline check. Crispin is trying to deceive Hale, but maybe also charm him a little, test the waters of betrayal.

9 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

@P-47 Thunderbolt Make an Average Cool or Discipline check. Crispin is trying to deceive Hale, but maybe also charm him a little, test the waters of betrayal.

What exactly is at stake with this check?

Just now, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

What exactly is at stake with this check?

Failure might mean Crispin’s words give him pause, add Setback, something like that. Not going to take away player agency. Hale’s not going to start shooting at Hawk, or join the rebellion, over a bad roll.

1 minute ago, Edgehawk said:

Failure might mean Crispin’s words give him pause, add Setback, something like that. Not going to take away player agency. Hale’s not going to start shooting at Hawk, or join the rebellion, over a bad roll.

Okay.

Quit your yapping : 2eP+1eA+2eD 1 failure, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png p-a-a.png a--.png d-th.png d-f-f.png

Ermm...

Huh.

That's an odd result. What can I do with the Triumph? I figure he'll recover a strain with the Advantage as he catches his breath.

@Barbaross41 Hey! Apologies, but when I rolled for Hawk in your absence, of course it was a Despair.